PDA

View Full Version : Steroids = BAD...in a sick way

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-26-2004, 02:57 AM
Steroids' side effects can include heart disease, liver damage and rage. They can also stunt growth, shrink testicles and cause girls to grow facial hair.

Top 2 reasons not to take steroids

From Yahoo News

TransMan
03-26-2004, 03:45 AM
Dude the side effects of steroids are on posters in ever highschool gym and weight room in the country I dont think this qualifies as breaking news.

davidb
03-26-2004, 04:09 AM
You're now a part of that elite group, that select few people that are aware of this..

Welcome to everybody. :D

PyRo
03-26-2004, 08:19 AM
Watch this weeks southpark, they explain why not to take steroids :)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-26-2004, 12:02 PM
oooo southpark!

Slimm Jimm
03-26-2004, 12:07 PM
(Cartman Voice) Southpark kicks ***!!

wes
03-26-2004, 05:41 PM
in addition to shrinking balls and facial hair on girls, they make guys grow boobs :cool:

MantisMag
03-26-2004, 06:17 PM
BIG BOB!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-26-2004, 06:20 PM
reminds me of fight club

paint magnet
03-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Doesn't pot cause all that stuff as well? (in addition to lung disease)

painTech
03-26-2004, 08:02 PM
most drugs cause lactating man boobies yes.

WickeDKlowN
03-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
Watch this weeks southpark, they explain why not to take steroids :)
I was literally rolling the floor laughing when Jimmy started beating his girlfriend and said he was gonna kill her if she broke up with him. That was great. And Cartman trying to act retarded was great to.

Dryden
03-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Take a look at this old article from January at the New York Times. Requires site registration (free).

Definately worth a look for what steroid abuse did to East German women, many of whom are now men.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/26/sports/othersports/26STER.html

Note: NYTimes online has a screwy old article tracking system. Click the link above, then login. If you're already logged in (e.g. browser cookie) the link will take you to a 100-word archive summary instead.

WicKeD_WaYz
03-27-2004, 03:40 PM
I might take Androstendione (SP?) From what Ive heard its ok because it is basically testosterone minus a hydrogen atom. When it goes into your body your liver adds the extra hydrogen atom. This way your body regulates how much testosterone is being added.

Its basically a step down from a steroid.

impostal22
03-27-2004, 05:53 PM
heavy steroids make some female body builders' clitorises grow outward like a male penis over time. no lie...it's crazy...

WenULiVeUdiE
03-27-2004, 08:20 PM
This is weird. I am doing a research paper on steroids. They cause liver and kidney failure, shrunken testicales. In males, larger boobs, reduced sperm count, increased prostate cancer isk, in fertility, increased sex drive( oh yeah :cool: )feminizing effects due to the estrogen. females clitoris becomes enlarged, shrunken breats, smaller uterus, deeper voice, facial hair, baldness, irregular menstrual cycle, acne. In teenagers, a quicken adulthood, premature baldness, stunted growth( would be taller if no steroids), short and fat when adult, a "muscular trap". It can also cause injuries b/c the tendons and ligaments dont catch up wuth the rapid growth of the muscles. They damage immune systems, atrtiery probelms, death, liver damage. It can cause strokes and heart attacks, paralization, and other career ending problems. During a withdrawl it can cause suicide thoughts, odd behavior, loos of appetite, joint pains, and there is always an increased rick of HIV/AIDS, not just during a withdrawl. I never even thought about steroids, and now I dont even want to think about them. And one other thing, they can cost you winds. After a competition they may do a drug screening, they find steroids and they take it away. Your career will be over.

Andrew