PDA

View Full Version : 2 diff level 7 bolts?? Which to use?

darrickws
03-26-2004, 02:13 PM
I have 2 differnt level 7 (?) bolts, one with the nose sticking in front of bolt (can see from side), the other has the nose down in the bolt sleeve (cant see from side). Other than that, there seems no diff between them. Is one better than the other, and why doesnt the level 7 bolts use foamies any more?

Thanks in advance! :D

abunkerer
03-26-2004, 02:23 PM
I heard that the longer bolt is supposed to be better, its longer sleve seals the chamber better.

BlackVCG
03-26-2004, 09:54 PM
The bolt with the nose "hidden" was the last design of the L7 bolt. It was designed to reduce blowback. The problem with that bolt is that it needs a radius put on the circumference of the tip. This will help with ball breakage.

The other L7 bolt you have works fine with a PF mainbody and they tended to have more of a radius on the tip. If you have a PF mainbody, just use the bolt with the tip exposed.

L7 foamie bolts exist. They have just always been an option. If you really want one, contact me. I have a few. :)

abunkerer
03-27-2004, 01:17 AM
Black, what do you mean "it needs a radius put on the tip" just wondering b/c I know someone who uses the longbolt.
also, wich L7 bolt do you recommend with the ULE body?

BlackVCG
03-27-2004, 02:19 AM
If you look at a LX bolt, you'll notice the bolt has a smooth radius on it. This was found to be one of the causes of paint breakage. If the bolt has a sharp corner on the tip, that will prefracture the next ball inline and then the air will blow it apart when it's shot.

I have access to a lathe, so if anyone wants a nice smooth radius put on their L7 bolt, I can do that at a small charge.