PDA

View Full Version : Help with Question About ULT/RT Valve/X Valve

MagMcBride
03-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Will the ULT help out a Mag with an RT Valve installed? I am looking to upgrade my classic and I am interested in the ULT and was wondering if it would work in the RT Valve?? Any help would be great!!

RRfireblade
03-26-2004, 08:30 PM
The ULT was 'intended' for the R/T valve,therefore....yup.;)

MagMcBride
03-26-2004, 09:37 PM
Badass...I thought it would work or either the RT or the X'. Thanks!

RRfireblade
03-26-2004, 10:16 PM
Keep in mind that if it's an older R/T valve it may not be ULT compatable as some older valves are not machined properly for the ULT.You want an R/T valve the currently has an on/off assembly that has "2" o-rings in the bottom(milled with the bottom of the on/off location smooth) and not milled for a single o-ring(milled with a step in the bottom of the hole).

Newere R/T's and all X valves are no problem.Just be sure if your buying an R/T used.

MagMcBride
03-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Could you repeat that in a way I could ask someone here on AO selling a used RT valve that I could drop in my 68?

RRfireblade
03-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Just tell them to pull out the on/off assembly and tell you how many o-rings do they see down in there.

You want to see 2,one smaller one inside one larger one.

If there is just one (small) down in there the ULT will not fit and the valve would have to be milled in order for it to fit/work.

MagMcBride
03-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Certain RT Valves won't fit my gun will they? What type of valve do you suggest I get? I have a 68 pf...I was told that it was better to get a RT or Emag valve (Emag valve has RT function right) rather than an X' because the X' was so much more and I already have a LX.

RRfireblade
03-27-2004, 04:03 PM
The only R/T valve that won't fit is the original 'Automag R/T' valve. It fed air in through a banjo bolt from underneath the valve where the field strip screw is.Any other R/T,Emag etc valve will fit fine.

As for X or not,that's really up to you.The only benefit of it is a little lighter weight and a selection of colors.Besides that,it performs the same as any other R/T valve w/ L10.

Keep in mind,that you will have to use the correct length on/off pin for your gun regardless of which valve you get.

Yours should take a .750 pin,an Emag valve for instance will likely come with a .712 You can get a .750 from the AGD store for $8 so it's not a major problem.

MagMcBride
03-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Is the .750 pin the one that came with the classic valve?

Oh and I just have to make sure that the valve didn't come out of a regular RT?

RRfireblade
03-27-2004, 06:08 PM
The pin length is related to the gun you put the valve in,not the valve.

Any valve in your gun will use a .750 pin. In an Emag,for instance,any valve you put in an Emag(could even be your classic valve)will use the .712

And yes,just make sure it's not a valve out of the original "Automag R/T"

If you saw the valve,it would have no visible air port(the hole you hook the air line into) on the side.Any R/T that has the air port on the side,just like your classic valve,is fine.

Joni
03-27-2004, 10:49 PM
There are some ReTro valve that wont take the ULT, because they only have one oring in the bottom of the on/off.

MagMcBride
03-28-2004, 12:30 AM
why would they only have one o-ring in the bottom of the on/off valve?

Joni
03-28-2004, 01:41 AM
Because they have the same milling as the classic RT valve, as discussed earlier in this thread.

MagMcBride
03-28-2004, 04:08 PM
so are there any RT valves out there that fit into my classic and only have 1 o-ring in the on/off?...and if I got one with only 1 in the bottom could I put the two o-rings back in or is it the wrong size then?

RRfireblade
03-28-2004, 06:20 PM
This is the difference.....
http://www.automags.org/~BlackVCG/ULT/EM-Oring.JPG

^^^^2 O-Rings ^^^^^

http://www.automags.org/~BlackVCG/ULT/RT-Oring.JPG

^^^^ 1 O-Ring^^^^^

As you can see in the second pic,the bottom of the hole is not flat,it is milled with a 'shelf' in the bottom that takes the place of the outside o-ring.If you got one of those valves,you would have to send it out to have the bottom milled flat like the upper pic.There are a couple places that can do it for around $10-$15 I believe.

MagMcBride
03-28-2004, 07:42 PM
o ok thanks alot...lol I went to the field 2day to try out my new intellifeed and my body broke off from the powerfeed right off the break..... :( (Polished mag body....ruined.)

It sucks too because no one near where I live actually likes Mags so I'll never hear the end of how "mags are for f*gs" and such, bah

RRfireblade
03-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Sorry to hear that,I guess you have an excuse to get an ULE body though.:D

(trying to add a bright side,sorry.:) )

FYI,there usually are quite a few SS bodies for sale in the buy/sell threads,often quite cheap.ULE's too,although not quite as cheap.;)

Jay.

MagMcBride
03-28-2004, 08:07 PM
ya, the price doesn't bother me, it's just my pride...