PDA

View Full Version : Xvalve w/LX problems!!

MrN2O
03-26-2004, 08:33 PM
I have a minimag and I recently purchased the X-valve which as you all know comes with the LX bolt system.I went through the instructions on here and airgun's website to set it up and it worked fine.Now I am having problems with the bolt sticking and the reactivity of the valve is gone.Instead of it resetting the bolt will just stutter like it is trying to fire but will bounce off enough to vent some air.My current setup is .5 carrier,1 shim,middle(cut)spring,850-900 input pressure,intelliframe grip w/blade trigger,Doc's Machine barrel adaptor to 'cocker threads.It also does this with the barrel apaptor removed so it has nothing to do with the adaptor...I have tried oiling the valve oiled the stem on the bolt, changing carriers(1 leaks,.5 doesn't but feels awfully tight)adding and removing shims,changing springs,and praying.:rolleyes: If anyone can help me please do so as this sunday will be the first time I play with this gun so I would like to have a good outing and remember why I keep on buying 'Mags.

RRfireblade
03-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Go back to the 2 shims and then try the #1 carrier w/ a fresh o-ring.(don't forget to add oil)

And see what that does.

MrN2O
03-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Same result only now it leaks down the barrel.My main concern is before it would rapid fire like crazy and I could get huge strings off,but now it won't even let me attempt to rapid fire my gun.It will only allow me to fire one shot by completely pulling the trigger and completely releasing it.The problem is seriously aggravating....

RRfireblade
03-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Make sure the on/off assembly is well oiled as well,even pull it out and drop some oil right in there.

You'll have to drop down a carrier size though if it is leaking down the barrel but try that to the on/off first.

MrN2O
03-27-2004, 12:34 AM
I've tried pulling the on/off assembly out and oiling it, and that still didn't help, went back to .5 carrier no leaks, but now I'm back where I started....

RenagadeOfFunk
03-27-2004, 12:53 AM
try standing on you head....

...but seriously...maybe a trip to AGd Factory can solve your problems...(try an o-ring carrier that is just tight enough to hold you bolt in when you turn it upside down...that one or the one just tighter than that are the best)

RRfireblade
03-27-2004, 03:55 AM
What velocity WAS it shooting at?

Have you tryed turning it up?

MrN2O
03-27-2004, 03:58 PM
The velocity has been really inconsistant also shooting anwhere from 230-315.And I chrono'd it using the RT instructions.....