PDA

View Full Version : Blown Flatline reg

Banshee23
03-27-2004, 01:39 AM
K I have a 68/45 flatline that worked perfectly until tonight. I went to a field & the guy filling the tanks wasn't paying attention so he tried to fill it using the output nipple instead of the fill nipple. My 0-1200 gauge is now blown, but I can replace that. The problem is that now when I turn it on it leaks air like crazy out of the four little holes under the mounting clamp. I know something needs to be replaced here just not sure what. Any help guys?

BlackVCG
03-27-2004, 02:24 AM
This isn't the first time this has happened... It's always best to leave a hose on the LP output side because most people don't take the time to look at the markings on the tank.

Sounds like you'll need a new reg. seat, reg. body o-ring and possibly a piston.

If you don't feel comfortable doing this, let me know. I can service Flatlines and I have all of the parts for them. :)

lamby
03-27-2004, 12:31 PM
make the field replace it. They screwed it up, it is their fault. At minimum make them buy the parts to repair it..

Better yet send it to AGD, have them fix it and bill the field for repair costs. and give you a loner adjustable until it is returned