PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Duck X-Stream

BagelBoy2004
03-27-2004, 03:18 AM
Do any of you own a Nitro Duck X-Stream? I'm wondering what your opinions are. If I ever get a new tank this would probably be it. I like the fact that it's an adjustable screw-in tank. (Great for X-Valves) It's also carbon fiber not fiberglass.

thegiantc
03-27-2004, 03:37 AM
I have two X-stream tanks. One runs my ULE Xvalve MAG and the other my FREEFLOW Trama Matrix. They seam to work great on both guns. In hindsight I should have probably just saved a few bucks and got Crossfire preset. Both tanks stay at about 775psi output and I havent found a need to adjust them.

lamby
03-27-2004, 07:35 AM
I had one, but traded it for my last marker. I did not like the slop between the tank and the asa. I did not trust that reg.

Other than that.. It was consistant, I never had shoot down, it was easy to adjust, and I never had a problem. I bought a flatline a month later though as I did not like the flexing and wanted something that I trusted more. The Flatline or AA adjustable were my two options. And it came down to cost between them so the flatline was my choice.

Now I sold my backup tank I need another one.. I am thinking either another flatline or a scion this time around (scion only if I sell the emag-- scions are LP only)

oldsoldier
03-27-2004, 08:03 AM
A comment on the slop: Apparently, they are designed like that. When the tank itself is under pressure, the slop goes away.

TransMan
03-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by BagelBoy2004
Do any of you own a Nitro Duck X-Stream? I'm wondering what your opinions are. If I ever get a new tank this would probably be it. I like the fact that it's an adjustable screw-in tank. (Great for X-Valves) It's also carbon fiber not fiberglass. What tanks are wraped with fiberglass? :confused:

FallNAngel
03-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
A comment on the slop: Apparently, they are designed like that. When the tank itself is under pressure, the slop goes away.

As it gets lower in pressure though, the slop becomes more apparent.

BagelBoy2004
03-27-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by TransMan
What tanks are wraped with fiberglass? :confused:

All wrapped tanks that are not Carbon Fiber are Fiberglass. Just about every tank on the market is Fiberglass wrapped except for a few Crossfires and Nitro Ducks.

lamby
03-27-2004, 12:17 PM
There was no difference in the slop between full and empty. The only varible slop difference is the ease at which you can adjust the velocity.. that changes with the pressure in the tank.

The slop I am talking about is the area that is held together with spring clips. (between the HP and LP side of the tank)

It was a good tank, but I am pretty leary of HP air as I KNOW what it can do. I did not want to take a chance with my life for a mere $300.. I bought a different tank

lamby
03-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by BagelBoy2004

All wrapped tanks that are not Carbon Fiber are Fiberglass. Just about every tank on the market is Fiberglass wrapped except for a few Crossfires and Nitro Ducks.

This is not true.. most tanks as carbon fiber. The ducks have a cool coating called tough skin that protects the carbon fiber. But I have neaver heard of a fiberglass tank. (not saying that they have not made them, I just have never heard of one. :) )

jpdgas
03-27-2004, 03:19 PM
I have and x-stream and an older nitro duck, and both are fiberglass wrapped. The X-stream has the tough skin coating, but that is over the fiberglass. You have the option of fiberglass or carbon depending on your wieght preference

I personally like both of my nitroducks. They have never let me down, and the slop onthe x-stream doesnt bother me, its not that noticeable. Nitroduck puts a lot of research into thier products to keep them safe, ive never heard of a nitroduck tank letting go. My old tank is 6 years old and its still going strong with no problems.

I really like being able to adjust the stiffness of my trigger, and usually i have it set around 600psi to give a lighter pull, so a preset just wont do.

BagelBoy2004
03-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by lamby

This is not true.. most tanks as carbon fiber. The ducks have a cool coating called tough skin that protects the carbon fiber. But I have neaver heard of a fiberglass tank. (not saying that they have not made them, I just have never heard of one. :) )

Wrong, most wrapped tanks are aluminum core with FIBERGLASS wrap. Take a Visual Inspection course in HP cylinders.

lamby
03-28-2004, 08:24 AM
I stand corrected on the fiberglass issue..