PDA

View Full Version : Trigger style Id like to see

Cryer
03-27-2004, 02:28 PM
Photoshop model:
http://www.imageshack.us/img2/3954/Fireblade3.jpg

Angled forward like that, for me, its easier to walk. On the stock trigger, I walk down... so to speak. That is, instead of pulling the tigger back, I will pull down on the hump in the middle of the trigger, and the point at the end. I prefer the double triggers over blades for that reason. Recently I was given the oppotunity to walk Gerald Garcias (of Oakland Assassin fame) techna trigger on his timmi. Its angled in this same manner, and in my opinion, provides a better surface to walk on. Its perendicular to how I pull the trigger, and makes it easier.

Anyone else think the same way?

lew
03-27-2004, 02:37 PM
I am in total agreement. I am not that great at walking a trigger that is close to vertical. If it is angled or has finger grooves, I will have no problem. BTW, that one looks pretty good.:)

angelbeast24
03-27-2004, 03:38 PM
i belive the style of shooting you are trying to say is raking;)

Chronobreak
03-27-2004, 03:39 PM
heck il take one just cause it looks really cool someone with a milling shop better get on this

Jon/xpm
03-27-2004, 03:43 PM
angelbeast24- i saw him shoot his gun at tex-ball
he is talking about walking his trigger not raking :p

Froth from PBN designed a style exactly like that for viking
Maybe he will make you one for an emag

Cryer
03-27-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by angelbeast24
i belive the style of shooting you are trying to say is raking;)
no, raking is where you drag your finger up and down across the trigger. I'm still walking, I just do it at a different angle.

Another visual aid:
http://www.imageshack.us/img2/553/walking1.jpg

RenagadeOfFunk
03-27-2004, 03:49 PM
thats EXACTLY what i do cryer...
...i hope a good design comes out of this...(for our sake :))

swanster
03-27-2004, 04:09 PM
i would buy one, i could get a higher ROF since my middle finger ( which is slower ) has less to travel. Plus that one looks WAY cool

Spartan X
03-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Froth doe snot make triggers himself, he made the cad (or has a friend do it) and sent it out to a mill to get done. the material he uses is pretty crappy, I had one.

He would NOT make one for the e-mag I can tell you that right now.

Yahy I think it looks good too, but I preffer the stock double to all.

MantisMag
03-27-2004, 04:54 PM
seems like what you need is a blade on an electro y-grip.

Lord_Whoopass
03-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Hey logic... I had one of your LT-3 blade triggers but I shoot like what Cryer does and a normal blade just doesnt do it... I actually have a Viking w/ frothblade and can walk it quite nicely... This style blade is much easier to walk... expecially for those of use with a lazy middle finger or ones you like to down walk the trigger like what Cryer is saying... Maybe we should talk to RRFireblade and see if he would be interested in making a Reverse Fireblade... would be nice to have...

Jon/xpm
03-27-2004, 05:49 PM
edited

ScatterPlot
03-27-2004, 06:30 PM
I think the Omen has the type of trigger you're looking for.
http://www.actvil.com/static/eCS/Store/en/images/large/010-161-0001.jpg

RRfireblade
03-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Whoopass
Maybe we should talk to RRFireblade and see if he would be interested in making a Reverse Fireblade... would be nice to have...

Tooling up for each design is easier said than done,not to mention set up costs and various other tooling costs.Add on top of that the fact that an E/XMag trigger is by far the most complictated little scrap of metal ever to be used as a trigger.;)

Unfortunately,I have only a shop.Not a machine shop suitable for any type of production,which is why I hooked up with Ryan on the Fireblades.All the original Prototypes for that trigger(as well as many other projects) are completely done by hand,one at a time.

With that being said,I'm not opposed to doing one off custom work(triggers in this case)if anyone so desired,but you'd have to realize that the cost would be considerably higher.Your only benefit to that is you could have it ANY way you want with little restriction on design.

It's up to you.

:)

(and your wallet)

Cryer
03-27-2004, 08:09 PM
I hear Brad AGD has a 1-of-a-kind techna trigger on his Emag in a similar style...

Never seen or shot it, tho

Cryer
03-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactor

Good things are on the way:D :eek:
They just keep coming and coming, dont they:p Do you ever sleep?

Skoad
03-27-2004, 09:44 PM
I really have no idea what kind of trigger I'd like. I would really need to try it out before i bought one.

I'm not sure your design would work very well for me basically because when I walk my pointer finger doesn't move as far as my middle finger; maybe if the humps were reversed :P

sneakyhacker420
03-27-2004, 09:51 PM
i do the same thing cryer!

IMO the omen's trigger is too far curved backwards, but this one in ure photoshopped pic looks perfect

i would LOVE to see that produced

FutureMagOwner
03-27-2004, 09:52 PM
i really really really liked the ones that are accualy the opposite of what you like where it swoops back like on the ir3s originally...... wish i hade one for my gz and emag....

AcemanPB
03-27-2004, 11:31 PM
My stock iR3 trigger is kind of like that. I walk the trigger hitting the two "highest" points of the trigger.

Reaver
03-27-2004, 11:43 PM
I can make it. If theres a big enough demand.

Mag Master 04
03-28-2004, 12:29 AM
when i pull the trigger i tend to miss shots at the top of my trigger, my middle finger hits the bottom and my index finger should hit the top, well i will just completely not hit it and find myself moving my fingers twice as fast as what im shooting, my top finger totally dosnt do anything sometimes, i would love a trigger like this

Major Jam
03-28-2004, 01:34 AM
Docs Machine does a custom one ;)

http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/shinylady3.jpg

GoatBoy
03-28-2004, 02:48 AM
Yeah, the downward motion is how I would be walking an electro as well... if I owned one.

Here's something to ponder...

Which finger is stronger, the first finger or the middle finger?

So... which finger would you want to give more leverage to?

For me, my middle finger is much stronger. So... makes me wonder how an upside-down hinge would work out... An upside-down hinge on a y-frame...

magmonkey
03-28-2004, 07:34 AM
if there is enough of an interest for this trigger we will build some pm me if interested

Alan
Destructive Customs

AcemanPB
03-28-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by GoatBoy
An upside-down hinge on a y-frame...

That would be intresting... I can imagine that being pretty comfortable

Cryer
03-28-2004, 06:41 PM
anyways, I'll buy one if someone machines them. As long as they match AGD specs and tolerances.

FutureMagOwner
03-28-2004, 06:46 PM
well if anyone happens to have precise measurements of a stock emag trigger or even better a rhino model of it i could make one for both style triggers and someone could have it sent to a machinist to make (although i dont have the program to code the cnc but the other guy can do it :D )

ScatterPlot
03-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420

IMO the omen's trigger is too far curved backwards, but this one in ure photoshopped pic looks perfect

i would LOVE to see that produced

Uhh, that's pulled strait from pbgear. I don't even have photoshop :D

Big_Chops
03-28-2004, 10:14 PM
my friend has a trigger like that on his lcd. i absolutely hate it. it sits kinda far forward too.

Fixion
03-28-2004, 11:54 PM
Thats how I like to wak the trigger too! I love how the bottom of my Kapp Reflex angles out. It's more comfortable than a normal blade trigger. Your probably wondering how I can walk a mech cocker... practice and a trigger job (by me ;))

JKW
03-29-2004, 12:22 PM
You have to be careful with these forward raked trigger styles or you run out of room in the trigger guard. The original "Scythe" trigger like "G" has, is angled too far forward to be used in the Alias's tighter trigger guard and the newer version had to be designed with less rake. In the picture, the lower right trigger is a prototype of the new one. The one in the gun is the original, and though it is hard to tell from the photo, it has a much greater forward rake to it. Cryer's picture looks about right for the E-Mag/X-Mag trigger guard.
http://mercury.walagata.com/w/jkw/Image009.jpg
The trigger in this second picture taught me something too. While beautiful to look at (I think) it turned out to be unsuitable for the Assassins. All that hard work on the sculpted cut-out could have allowed an unlucky shot to blast paint into the frame and trigger switch. Not a big deal if you have time to clean it out, but death for the gun in an X-Ball match.
http://mercury.walagata.com/w/jkw/Image010.jpg

Cryer
03-29-2004, 12:46 PM
I know Brad Nestle has a emag techna trigger...

Are you planning on a production run? Any possibility at all?;)

Cryer
04-09-2004, 09:00 AM
up.

check out my poll, too

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131465