PDA

View Full Version : NW Quick Disconnect Block

ThisIsTheLongestUserName.
03-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Has anyone had expirience with them - I just ordered one to fill a minimum order and was wondering how good it is.

Fred
03-27-2004, 03:30 PM
I've got one.

Its ok I guess, currently its gathering dust in the bottom of my toolbox along with a few misc drops and asas...

the pin can be a little annoying, as you have to keep track of it when it is removed. Some people put it on a little tether like a fill-nipple cover or Emag battery pin.

it also adds a good 5/8" to the height of your setup...

if you really want a quick-disconnect for your air system, I'd highly recommend Datapimps drops...

---Fred

-=Squid=-
03-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Many people down at my field have them. Other than adding height to your gun, they are very nice if you like your current drop. Pretty solid, and good looking. Personally, from experience, I would recommend the datadrop, but the NW QD block is nice to have.

ThisIsTheLongestUserName.
03-27-2004, 03:41 PM
I would have gotten the datapimp one but I dont have a very lavish budget. It is definately better then the NW but also $30 more.

thecavemankevin
03-27-2004, 04:40 PM
i have several NW blocks, i think 3 1/2 all together. That way i can switch my two tanks amoungst my 3 guns. I love them and have no problems with them what so ever. And the adding of 5/8 of an inch or so is certainly not a factor for me.

PzYcO
03-27-2004, 04:59 PM
i had one but i lost the pin.. then i found a bolt that worked in there but when i got my warp i couldnt find screws to fit in those holes long enough, so i dont use it anymore, and its hard to get my emag battery offf i gotta take off the on/off part of my drop lol

1stdeadeye
03-27-2004, 05:05 PM
I have one on my X-Mag and I love it. It makes breaking down and storing the marker so much easier!

No real complaints. It does what it was designed to do quite well and at a reasonable price!

deathstalker
03-27-2004, 05:38 PM
I love mine as well and will soon be ordering a couple more so I can switch two tanks between four markers. I also use a Warp with a Shocktech micro drop and had no problem picking up screws so everything fits.

If you ever do lose the pin, a 'cocker pull pin works just fine and I already owned several of those when I bought my blocks.

FutureMagOwner
03-27-2004, 06:02 PM
fred wanna send me yours then? ;)

veteranmag
03-27-2004, 06:19 PM
I love mine. It saves so much time because I don't have to deal with those little screws to put on/take off my maxflow (pre-dovetail model).

Only thing is that the screws that come with the bracket (which you need to use because they mount flush with the bracker) are too short to use on a standard (minimag/automag) grip frame.

ghideon
03-27-2004, 08:21 PM
I tried for a while to get mine to fit right on my EMag, but the NW block and the CP micro drop didn't get along very well together.

It found a new home, tho. I use it on my Phantom to QD the T stock. Very nice.

puckmaster
03-28-2004, 02:06 AM
i got one, but dont use it. i just dont like the added hight it adds. But back when i had a cocker, i used it because i had to take the drop off in order to fix it.

magmonkey
03-28-2004, 07:41 AM
I bought one when they first came out and have been using it ever since it is great if you have a tank that doesn't screw in or if you have a warp, put the warp plate on the tank part of the disconnect and the marker stores alot nicer

Alan
DC

RRfireblade
03-28-2004, 07:50 AM
I have 2 of them.They work just fine,nice and convenient.I happen to not be using them currently but not for any reason related to thier function or design.I would use them again if the need arised.

You should be happy with it.