PDA

View Full Version : How do I adjust the trigger rod on my E-Mag?

Rope a Dope
03-27-2004, 03:59 PM
I know I know I KNOW this is breaking a cardinal rule... before I never had to adjust it but I just got a fireblade trigger and the trigger rod hits the back of the trigger in E mode... sometimes into full auto, but I have to press firmly on the trigger so it pushed the rod back a bit to fire...

So I need to shorten the trigger rod. I got some needle nose pliers... no luck, this thing is REALLY in there. Looks like it was glued in....

Any tips? Thanks!

Tunaman
03-27-2004, 04:02 PM
just heat it up for a minute with a lighter.

Rope a Dope
03-27-2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks Tuna, I finally just got some vice grips, 1 and a half turns and it's perfect. :D

Mole1119
03-27-2004, 06:07 PM
I am trying to set up my fireblade as well and have run into the same problem. Do you have to pull the whole sear out to adjust the trigger rod length or is it possible to just remove the trigger and adjust it from that end. Another problem i have encountered is that i cant get my trigger pin back in. Im putting it in probberly it seems just too big. Any problem with filing it down.

Rope a Dope
03-27-2004, 07:47 PM
I took the whole sear out, it's a good idea to take your time and just remove everything.

Take it all apart, for the sear, take out the pin on the side of the rail with an alan key and take the rail off from teh frame. Take one panel off of your grips, the rod that goes into the noid will have a C clip, firmly grasp it from the middle of the C with some needle nose pliers and yank straight out, to put it back in I usually can just snap it in with my thumb. The sear will come right out.

For the trigger pin, make sure you put the smooth end of the pin in first, the end with the slots goes in last as you tap the pin in. Remember the pin will go in from the selector switch side.

You should be able to put the pin in with teh trigger with no force, when it gets to the end with the slots, thats where you have to tap it back in. I had a plastic hammer and actual punches at my disposal.. but I just tapped it in and I was in business.

The prob I had was with the HES magnet... have fun adjusting that.. I think after a whole day of playing with it I got it in the right spot and I went and glued the grub screw down with some super glue.

But.. it was all worth it :)