PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about my new trigger...

Bulldog
03-27-2004, 08:41 PM
So I bought a Fireblade trigger for my Xmag. I got it yesterday, and intalled it. Well, the trigger rod rests right up against the back of the trigger. No E mode, and lots of double shots. I asked Coolhand about this and this was his response concering adjusting the trigger rod:

Originally posted by CoolHand

Yup.

Just take the body off, pull the sear pivot pin out, and take the rail off. Now, grab the back of the sear, and pull up while rotating forward. The whole sear/solenoid plunger assembly should pull right out, once the sear rod clears the selector assembly.

Now, just turn the sear rod in a couple of turns, and put the sear/plunger assembly back in.

This is how I adjusted my sear rod, after I had installed my trigger. You may need to try it once or twice before you get it right, but its pretty easy to do.

Go slow, and don't force anything. Also, be careful not to bend any of the clevises, as that will cause a bind when you reinstall the sear/plunger assembly.

Good luck.

Now, I may just be ignorant, but it was my understanding that adjusting the trigger rod was a bad thing? So that's my first question.

My second is, if that screws something up, and AGD wants cash to fix it, is Logic going to cover that cost?

My third is, if the magnet falls out of the trigger, is it covered by the Logic Lifetime warranty?

Heres a link to that thread just so everyone can see the context:http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128251&pagenumber=3

cphilip
03-27-2004, 08:50 PM
The trigger rod issue is more or an issue for Mechanical mode.

Anytime you modify a marker with non AGD parts your on your own.

I am not saying it will not work nor am I saying its a bad thing and not to do it. I am saying... if you play you pay. This is the way the world works.

You should ask these questions BEFORE you decide you want to try something outside the relm of the normal. In this case I detect a note of concern NOW that you already HAVE IT. Thats bass ackwards.

Mindflux
03-27-2004, 08:55 PM
No, No and No basically.

The magnet is strong enough to stay on the adjustment screw. He already told someone, if it wansn't you that.

Tighten your trigger rod down some or sell the trigger to someone else, there are other people that want it, and logic is all out.

Bulldog
03-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
You should ask these questions BEFORE you decide you want to try something outside the relm of the normal. In this case I detect a note of concern NOW that you already HAVE IT. Thats bass ackwards. To my knowledge these issues weren't known before, but I certainly could be wrong on that.

Originally posted by Mindflux
No, No and No basically.

The magnet is strong enough to stay on the adjustment screw. He already told someone, if it wansn't you that.

Tighten your trigger rod down some or sell the trigger to someone else, there are other people that want it, and logic is all out. Maybe...just kind of exploring the issue now. And no it wasn't me, that's why I asked, and that doesn't really answer the question. The magnet pops out when you adjust it sometimes.

Skoad
03-27-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the trigger adjusting screw/magnet is epoxied together, or supposed to be.

Another option is to do what others did to "get rid of bounce" and take off the trigger rod from the sear.

of course you'll only have e-mode.

RRfireblade
03-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Hi all,

I'm sorry if there seems to be a tiny snag but it's begining to look as though the trigger rod location on the triggers are a tad tight.

It's should be no real problem,and no ill effects will be had by adjusting the trigger rod for additional clearance.From what I've seen so far it should only require 1-2 turns in on the rod make the required spacing beteen the trigger and trigger rod.

This is a first batch and sometimes theses things do happen,but as I said it really is a simple adjustment and you will cause no harm in adjusting it.

Anyone who wishes to can PM me if they are still having difficulty making the adjustment or has any other questions. :)

Thanks,

Jay.

LockNLoad
03-27-2004, 11:05 PM
I was considering one of these triggers. But now I am not so sure.

For a $50 trigger, these things should have been found before they were for sale.

I don't want to be pulling out things I don't need to(ie plungers, sears, etc).

That really sucks man. I hope there is something that Logic/Fireblade will do for you.

CoolHand
03-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Well, there are three options.

1) Adjust your trigger rod.

2) Send it back for a full refund.

3) Send it back and I'll drill you a small clearance hole for the trigger rod to settle into.

Adjusting the sear rod does not hurt anything, I changed mine, and the marker still operates just fine, in EMode, and Manual.

The HES magnet is not affixed to the adjuster, as the magnetic force is more than strong enough to hold itself in place. If it pops out when you adjust it, just let in settle back into place, it won't come off without assistance (IE pushing it off with the allen key). You can glue or epoxy it if you don't want to take my word for it, it won't hurt anything. Just make sure its facing the right way (sometimes the HES is effected by polarity) before you stick it down permanently.

LockNLoad
03-28-2004, 10:45 AM
I thought this trigger could just be dropped in and shot. Will the Fireblade triggers come with epoxied magnets in the future?

On my E-mag adjuster, it has an o-ring to keep the screw from backing itself out.

Does yours have an o-ring too?

If it does not, how does the adjuster screw keep from backing itself out while firing?

RRfireblade
03-28-2004, 10:53 AM
I thought this trigger could just be dropped in and shot.

Any trigger swap,aftermarket or not will require you to adjust it,even if you swapped in another factory trigger.

Will the Fireblade triggers come with epoxied magnets in the future?

The magnet could be epoxied but it really isn't neccessary.Very often the factory magnets come loose from the adjuster(I've had 2 myself)but the attraction of the magnet is more than sufficient to hold it in place.If you prefer to have it epoxied,just state so and yours can be epoxied in,no prob.

On my E-mag adjuster, it has an o-ring to keep the screw from backing itself out.

Does yours have an o-ring too?

The adjuster is completely different than the factory one and only needs a drop of thread locker to hold it in place just as the rest of the adjustments.

If it does not, how does the adjuster screw keep from backing itself out while firing?

See previous answer.;)

Hope that helps,
Jay.

RRfireblade
03-28-2004, 10:57 AM
This post is from the Dealer thread for those who are interested:

To those who seem overly concerned about the Trigger rod:

The trigger rod issue is really not an issue,it's an very common trigger adjustment on an E/Xmag as it's the only way to properly tune the Hybrid mode trigger action in conjunction with the other adjustments.That's AGD design on that one. Adjusting it to the proper gap will cause NO ill effects,it's simply the final adjustment method in order to have harmony between the 3 modes of fire.I've had to adjust it on MANY completely stock markers in order to get the desired Hybrid/Electro/Manual to function to the owners satisfaction.It's utimately no different than any other of the adjustments.

As I stated in the first post,I will install and tune ANY Fireblade trigger free of charge,you just get it to me with your marker and cover return shipping.

Hopefully that clears that up.

Mole1119
03-28-2004, 06:22 PM
I just finished adjusting the trigger rod for my fireblade. It was not that hard it just requires a little time. My biggest snag while installing was my trigger pin was extremmely tight and had issues getting it back in all the way. I used a small file and wile down the big end. Hopefully ill be able to play tuesday with it and give some feedback but deffinetly by the end of next weekend.