PDA

View Full Version : US CAv carries pepperball items, somehting wrong here?

andrewnelles
03-28-2004, 12:47 AM
I was enjoying looking at the pepperball products when i noticed the following in my catalog that came today

A standard gravity feed hopper (look at the price)

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=7232&tabID=137

In additon to the pepperballs they have marking balls, i assume from the description these are regular paintballs, look at the cost

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=7043&tabID=137

Expensive slide check

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=7230&tabID=137

expensive harness

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=7238&tabID=137

and theres more these are just a few examples

Rope a Dope
03-28-2004, 12:49 AM
Well now.

Butterfingers
03-28-2004, 01:57 AM
The harnesses come with an HPA system and pods... prob overpriced but not ridiculous.

The hopper is a picture of a normal hopper but is a 12 v revy.

The marking balls are plastic perfect circle balls. They are not normal paintballs.

There is no price for the slidecheck...

andrewnelles
03-28-2004, 01:58 AM
$57 for slide check upper right, definately over priced for the harness, its got a small steel HPA system. $194 still alot for a revy, lol.

Butterfingers
03-28-2004, 02:00 AM
Wow didnt see the prices

Prezents
03-28-2004, 02:05 AM
And the bad thing is that someone will pay this.... Talk about a "Mark-up"

PaintballSmurf13
03-28-2004, 03:22 AM
to bad all of this stuff is for military/ law enforcement only:p
-Ryan

davidb
03-28-2004, 03:22 AM
Anyone familiar with the phrase (as pertaining to government spending) "$1000 hammer"? There you have it.

Gabriel
03-28-2004, 06:06 AM
well, that'S what capitalism seems to encourage...

shartley
03-28-2004, 06:36 AM
Overpriced to say the least... and I think it should be illegal.

Originally posted by andrewnelles
$57 for slide check upper right, definately over priced for the harness, its got a small steel HPA system. $194 still alot for a revy, lol.
That was not a Revy, it was a gravity feed (Shake and Bake)... note that there is NO motor.

WenULiVeUdiE
03-28-2004, 09:06 AM
12V automatic and requires two 9V batteries (not included)

Its a revvi. Or PMI's own special "law enforcement version". Think how much they could get with all that wasted money. Oh well.

Ratzo
03-28-2004, 09:13 AM
LOL!
That's just a bit over priced.
Did anyone check out what the PepperBall markers were?
The rifle - Tippman ProCarbine = $499
The pistol - Armotech Zues = $259

shartley
03-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by WenULiVeUdiE
Its a revvi. Or PMI's own special "law enforcement version". Think how much they could get with all that wasted money. Oh well.
I now what it SAYS, and I know what it SHOWS. And they do not show a Revy. I have been playing paintball for more than a couple days, and if you can show me where they fit the motor and propellers in the picture they show I would be most grateful. Or where they put the batteries. ;)

http://www.uscav.com/prodinfo/images/23073.jpg

Maybe I am missing something?

But even if it WAS… talk about taking advantage of customer ignorance….

tony3
03-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Shartley, lots of times companies put up pictures of something that doesn't fit the description on accident, I'm going to say that they are selling a 12v revvy, they just have a different pic up

shartley
03-28-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by tony3
Shartley, lots of times companies put up pictures of something that doesn't fit the description on accident, I'm going to say that they are selling a 12v revvy, they just have a different pic up
I know that… I was just adding the things that are not correct/right about their stuff. ;)

On another note… can you imagine how much money a police department could save by simply walking into their local paintball shop?
:eek:

TeamNausea
03-28-2004, 10:01 AM
Wow those are insane prices....:(

AcemanPB
03-28-2004, 10:09 AM
Well it's not like they are spending their own money. Just our own hard earned tax dollars, no biggie.

StickFigurSicide
03-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Im kinda ticked because they are taking advantage of US, not the police. OUR tax dollars are paying for these inflated and rediculous prices.

:mad:

Mrmacdude
03-28-2004, 12:12 PM
I think they may be prices for many at a time, like you get 20 hoppers for that price.

shartley
03-28-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Mrmacdude
I think they may be prices for many at a time, like you get 20 hoppers for that price.
Not according to what I see. It shows ONE as the quantity. And I just processed the beginning of the order, and put 2 as the quantity, and it doubled the price.

This is a disgrace… plain and simple.

rkjunior303
03-28-2004, 12:45 PM
PepperBall Launchers fire projectiles at a muzzle velocity of 350 to 380 fps

OUCH!

Steelrat
03-28-2004, 01:02 PM
This is a theory I have. There are usually lawsuits associated with the use of less-leathal weapons. In fact, by definition, they can cause lethal injuries. I would imagine that the overhead in dealing with these lawsuits is a lot larger than dealing with paintball related injuries, and that makes them more expensive.

And god help the police department that does not use pepperball-approved hardware. Thats a lawsuit waiting to happen.

CaptaiN_JacK
03-28-2004, 03:21 PM
its not right that they can do that to the government. they know exactly how much they are overpricing the items, but they also know that the gov. has no choice but to buy it.

Steelrat
03-28-2004, 05:29 PM
All we see is the pricing. We have no rationale of the reasons behind it.

shartley
03-28-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Steelrat
All we see is the pricing. We have no rationale of the reasons behind it.
I surely don’t see any rationale behind your posted theory though. It makes no sense.

Honestly I don’t SEE a rationale for it aside from taking advantage of ignorant customers.

But actually the paintball industry has done the same thing… take a product made for another industry, put a paintball name on it and charge more for it.

03-28-2004, 05:58 PM
I have a bridge to sell these guys. I will also name a star after them.

Steelrat
03-28-2004, 06:02 PM
I did have a word wrong in there, changed it.

Not worth even discussing it further.

Goldie D Pimp
03-28-2004, 06:19 PM
The pepperball guns are actually tippman procarbines with a different logo lazer engraved on the body.

Our local police dept got one pepperball setup from teh company because they had to buy one gun in order to be able to buy the balls.

Once they had the first set of equipment, they came to me and bought 3 more set ups for what it cost them to get the initial one.

the bottle it came with was a 7 oz co2 bottle with a regulator on it. They'd get less than 100 shots from it.

They did let me shoot one down the back hallway of the store and it filled the entire store!

The problem was it's a powder and once it settled you couldn't detect it. However once a breeze blew through the door or you tried to sweep it would gas everyone in the store! :P It took about 2 weeks before it finally died out.

shartley
03-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Goldie D Pimp
The pepperball guns are actually tippman procarbines with a different logo lazer engraved on the body.

Our local police dept got one pepperball setup from teh company because they had to buy one gun in order to be able to buy the balls.

Once they had the first set of equipment, they came to me and bought 3 more set ups for what it cost them to get the initial one.

the bottle it came with was a 7 oz co2 bottle with a regulator on it. They'd get less than 100 shots from it.

They did let me shoot one down the back hallway of the store and it filled the entire store!

The problem was it's a powder and once it settled you couldn't detect it. However once a breeze blew through the door or you tried to sweep it would gas everyone in the store! :P It took about 2 weeks before it finally died out.
Good to hear someone got taken care of properly. Good job Goldie.

Goldie D Pimp
03-28-2004, 08:52 PM
The pepperball place apparently offers some sort of insurance and warranty. So if the equipment breaks they cover it, and if you get sued by someone that you shot, they'll back you. So the pepperball people will defend you for using their product.

If you don't use it in the manner specified then they won't back you. So say you use a CO2 bottle or a standard paintball hopper, this frees pepperball from any responsibility.

If I were in this situation, I probably wouldn't mind it if customers used "non approved" equipment, so i didn't have to spend money on lawyers for them! :P

shartley
03-29-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Goldie D Pimp
The pepperball place apparently offers some sort of insurance and warranty. So if the equipment breaks they cover it, and if you get sued by someone that you shot, they'll back you. So the pepperball people will defend you for using their product.

If you don't use it in the manner specified then they won't back you. So say you use a CO2 bottle or a standard paintball hopper, this frees pepperball from any responsibility.

If I were in this situation, I probably wouldn't mind it if customers used "non approved" equipment, so i didn't have to spend money on lawyers for them! :P
But Police Departments HAVE Insurance. If “I” were in this situation I would just charge them what the going rate for the equipment is and let them handle their OWN Insurance, as they ALREADY do.

Can you imagine if their firearm company did the same thing? How about the company they get their cars from? Or how about their other equipment?

Sorry, this is still BS.