PDA

View Full Version : conquest question.

felony
03-28-2004, 03:23 AM
hey guys.

i got a 02 conquest that needs a rebuild kit and once that is done, i may use it on my emag.

i do not use hybrid or mech mode, so i would think the output pressure of 600 would be just right to get rid of reactivity and increase consistency, if i am not mistaken.

LMK what you guys think.

I know this is not the best way to power my emag, and I currently have my crossfire, but am gonna give this a try for now.

Also, for switching regs on a bottle, what needs to be done. Is there anywhere i can find a step by step procedure so there is no accident like seen in the news? IE dont over tighten/do overtighten, loctite etc etc

thanks
dan

RRfireblade
03-28-2004, 07:59 AM
On any of my L10 Mags,600psi=pretty slow ROF,700-750psi is about as low as "I" would go on mine.'Course that does vary from marker to marker.

As for the Regs,the general concensus is no locktite on HPA regs(even though some do,IE Crossfire right from the factory) and a torque rating of 50lbs on dry threads and 35lbs on threads w/ thread sealant.

GT
03-28-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by felony
Also, for switching regs on a bottle, what needs to be done. Is there anywhere i can find a step by step procedure so there is no accident like seen in the news? IE dont over tighten/do overtighten, loctite etc etc

thanks
dan

Dan I wrote up a procedure about a month ago for a guy with the same question. DO a search in pb talk, its in here somewhere..

felony
03-28-2004, 12:34 PM
I know they only go up to 600 or so, but the mac dev gauge on this one goes up to 1200 so I got a bit excited.

After the tournament this weekend, I tried my friends 03 @ about 650 i think, and my emag shot fine except for it seeming not to get enough air ( i think it was because i was below 1000 in the tank. I know my crossfire that happens around 800, but then again the gauges are alot easier to read there.

doesnt matter either way, i will buy the rebuild kit i need and save it for a new gun if i need to.

dan