PDA

View Full Version : is the ult worth it?

devolve
03-28-2004, 03:50 PM
I have been told by a few people there really is no difference with the ult. I have also been told that it is great. How much lighter will my trigger pull be? And does it make the trigger pull shorter? Are you able to fan the trigger after installing ult? Any help would be great.
My mag:
ULE body
X-Valve w/level 10
benchmark double trigger frame(sucks)
88CI/4500psi
12Volt revy

fire1811
03-28-2004, 05:04 PM
i have a ult in my intelliframe and it is light enough that i can walk it

there is a difference

Dayspring
03-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Going from a 3lb pull to a 15oz pull is pretty significant.

However, if it's worth it is up to you. Is that something you want?

fyi- no, it doesn't shorten the pull at all. It lightens it.

devolve
03-28-2004, 10:01 PM
okay, I got the ULT today. I installed it, and now the gun short strokes like crazy. I tried adding and taking away shims. I have to baby the trigger to get it to fire right. Any suggestions?

Chronobreak
03-28-2004, 10:36 PM
it has a break in process and requires a bit of getting used to

Joni
03-29-2004, 01:41 AM
It took me a lot of dry-firing and a case of paint to break the ult in, and get used to the pull. Just keep shooting...

And BTW, I love the ULT. I can keep up with my friend who's shooting and Imp. He has rather slow fingers, so that has to taken into consideration, but it's fun to shoot as fast as an electro with a mech =).

devolve
03-29-2004, 09:26 PM
I now have fired it about 2000 times. It seams that if I try to rapid fire the valve takes about 5 seconds to recharge after every 5 or 6 shots. I really have to baby the trigger now. I have tried adding shims and I have tried taking shims away. I even put my old assembly back in and it worked fine. Any suggestions?
--cjc--

Joni
03-30-2004, 04:50 AM
Make sure that the ULT is well lubed. Also, check the link in my sig, you might find something useful there. Just as you know, I had to fire 4000-5000 shots before it was perfect.

NoForts4Me
03-30-2004, 02:04 PM
One possibility may be the over-travel in the Benchmark Trigger. This was the problem with my Ult on a Classic valve. If the other suggestions by Joni don't work, try setting up a temporary trigger stop just to see if that helps. I know the X and Classic valves are different, but it worked for me. What worked better, however, was replacing my Benchy with an Intelliframe. The Benchy was fine w/o the Ult, but with it, it didn't work so well.

devolve
03-31-2004, 10:07 PM
thanks for the help. I am going to try and get to working on it tonight.
--cjc--

devolve
04-02-2004, 03:13 PM
I lubed up the ult and now when I gas it up all the air rushes past the bolt and down the barrel. Anyone know what to do?
--cjc--