PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Triggers and trigger rod adjustment. How long is yours?

LockNLoad
03-28-2004, 10:59 PM
I am rather new here. The first post was moved I guess because it was more of a tech question. I will try to word it differently so I can get an answer to my question or get an explanation for why the post was moved.

To keep it like other posts here in Paintball Talk that include Poll:Regulator Help or How long is yours?(airline that is) I have asked this post differently.

I am totally confused on this issue. I have read posts that say I can adjust the trigger rod, and others that say I should not. Which is it?

A response in my other thread says that adjusting the trigger rod voids the warranty. Is this true?

And who should I listen to regarding this issue? Tunaman or RRFireblade/CoolHand? The post below says that Tunaman doesn't know. Everyone I have ever talked to says that Tunaman is the E-mag expert.

I'd really like an answer to my question before my post is mysteriously moved by the ghost moderator without explanation.

Originally posted by RRfireblade
With all due respect to Tuna,he doesn't have one or have any experience with one.I'm not even sure why he has any concern since he didn't buy one should have no personal interest in it.If I had that specific measurement,i would give it to him.

I'll go ahead and say it one more time anyway.Of those who have had trouble with the clearance,1-2 turns have been sufficient to allow the proper gap.The actual measurement of the rod is meaningless regardless of what trigger you have in there.The gap between the trigger and the rod IS the ONLY important spec.That is true for ANY mag mechanical or not.The E/Xmag,due to it's design,allows for a far greater range of trigger rod adjustment due to the complications of multiple firing modes.This cannot be overcome due to the design of the gun if you wish to have all 3 modes of fire.

Finally,there is no possible reason that a minor trigger rod adjustment will make you unable to have this or any other trigger function properly.

Hope that helps,

Jay.

Gunga
03-29-2004, 03:25 AM
No double posting.