PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve not reactive

yourBFHD
03-29-2004, 12:08 PM
i just purchased my x-valve a few weeks ago, but have not really noticed a difference in the trigger...it feels the same as before where i actually have to completely release the trigger before i can fire another round. Has anyone else had this problem. i am considering getting a new trigger frame and want to get this problem corrected before i invest the money in an intelli.

Z-man
03-29-2004, 12:41 PM
The reactivity of the trigger depends on the input pressure AND the flow rate of your HPA reg on your tank. As a general rule, the preset tanks will not give you near as much of a bounce feel as a good quality adjustable regulated tank will.

A 2-finger trigger may help you "feel" the bounce of the trigger more but it won't "create" more bounce as that is controlled by what I said above. Just to test what I say, I suggest you borrow an adjustable tank from a friend and try out various pressures and see how the trigger feels.

Joni
03-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Just as you know, the x-valve is NOT designed to be able to rapidfire a'la Z-Man with standard input pressure. There is nothing wrong with your valve. Rapidfiring isn't tourney-legal any way...

Z-man
03-29-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Joni
Just as you know, the x-valve is NOT designed to be able to rapidfire a'la Z-Man with standard input pressure. There is nothing wrong with your valve. Rapidfiring isn't tourney-legal any way...

Who said anything about rapid-fire? He just wants the valve to bounce more than it is currently. There is a fine line between rapid-firing and adjusting the bounce of the valve. Valve input pressure rated for 3000psi. Read it right off the valve where AGD lasers it on. The valve is designed for it. 1000psi is nothing

However it is most certainly NOT tourney legal as you said.

Feel free to read up about the whole issue below. People love to say this and that about rapid-fire but if you read what I have put down it suddenly gets rather quiet....

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Automags/Rapid_Fire/rf_disclaimer.html

Joni
03-29-2004, 01:41 PM
I know that the valve can handle high pressure. What I meant was that it is not designed to rapidfire at ~850 psi input, the pressure has to be higher. The point of my post was that there isn't really anything wrong with his valve, he just has to tweak it if he wants to get higher reactivity.

And it was my impression that he wanted to get enough reactivity to fire several shots with constant pressure on the trigger. In my book that is rapid firing.

Z-man
03-29-2004, 01:46 PM
I would submitt that the valve will rapid-fire at pressures as low as 850-800psi if the tank has a very quick recharge rate. My Max-Flo started to rapid-fire as low as 850psi. The valve will react about as fast as the reg can get the air out of the tank. A good example it to plug the valve into a scuba tank with 850psi. The vavle will rapid-fire.

But that is really not important to this discussion. I guess we will find out what he wants when he responds again.

yourBFHD
03-31-2004, 12:29 AM
if my gun has a slight leak would that cause the trigger not to respond...i don't hear a leak but i can't say for sure that it isn't leaking.