PDA

View Full Version : A Project for...Nicad?

tyrion2323
03-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi guys,

This is just something that I've been thinking about... I figured that Nicad would be the man to talk to, since he seems to be the "body guy" around here.

What would it take to make a one-piece body with:
- Integrated body and rail
- air channel IN the rail
- integrated ASA for foregrip
- removable breech

Would that just be too difficult? Or is that where things are headed?

Jacob

Big'n slo
03-29-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by tyrion2323
Hi guys,

This is just something that I've been thinking about... I figured that Nicad would be the man to talk to, since he seems to be the "body guy" around here.

What would it take to make a one-piece body with:
- Integrated body and rail
- air channel IN the rail
- integrated ASA for foregrip

Would that just be too difficult? Or is that where things are headed?

Jacob

Wouldn't that make it a shocker?

robdamanii
03-29-2004, 01:52 PM
Just curious...how would you disassemble it to be cleaned and serviced and such?

And didn't the old RTPro have this style config with the banjo bolt etc etc.

tyrion2323
No, because xMags are not Shockers...
No more than shockers are Spyders, Matrixes, Timmies, etc...

Butterfingers
No cause Nicad's stuff would be designed correctly ;)

Torbo
03-29-2004, 01:53 PM
yea basically, but simply put, it would be very nice that way. The external air line from the valve to foregrip, or the footlong one from the asa to the valve is simply gay. Annoying as all hell. Do away with it. Same with the rail. The x-mag body is one piece, and thats awesome soooo one piece=awesome by the substitution principle.

Butterfingers
03-29-2004, 01:59 PM
It was like that in the old school RT. Valve was fed through the banjo, leaked like a seieve....

tyrion2323
03-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Perhaps the rail could have an integrated air channel until about 2/3 the way back, and then you could affix macroline settings to it and only have a minimal amount of hosing...

Jacob

http://www.elementpaintball.us/Gallery/body!.bmp

11_Mile_TMaster
03-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by tyrion2323
Perhaps the rail could have an integrated air channel until about 2/3 the way back, and then you could affix macroline settings to it and only have a minimal amount of hosing...

Jacob

http://www.elementpaintball.us/Gallery/body!.bmp

That would make taking the valve out a BIG pain. And many people don't like macro. Some Stainless with a QD could fix that, though, despite being a bit more 'unsightly'.

The big problem is that what you're describing requires a magical drill that can do impossible angles. Unless you drill from the front or rear and plug one end up.

I will say this, 'sluggo' Body/rail combos would allow for even more customization on a miller's part. With or without gaslines built in. I'm sure there's only so much Nicad can do with the base or RT-Pro Rails.

Or even just a sluggo rail would work. Hmmmmmm...

Automaggin2
03-29-2004, 03:44 PM
An intergrated air channel is not that good of an idea. Unreliable, unfixable, and ugly. your gonna have a short macro going from the channel to the valve? UGLY

Torbo
03-29-2004, 04:12 PM
An intergrated air channel is not that good of an idea. Unreliable, unfixable, and ugly

so basically every gun except mags are a bad idea?

temps
03-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Torbo

Yes :p

Now.. to achieve a one body, air integrated system for a mag, I think you would have to completly change the look of the mag, probly end up being larger and probly wouldn't be able to feild strip the gun as easily.

Now.. get rid of the rail.. and have a one peice body leaving the external air hoses pretty much as is. would be the way to go..

chunk_daddy
03-29-2004, 04:25 PM
hmmmm..........it appares as if hes saying that huh torbo....

Automaggin2
03-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Torbo

No, the hose on this proposed mag would go from internal air to external valve, it will be so ugly and impractical. Cocker hoses dont go through the body do they?

Chronobreak
03-29-2004, 06:44 PM
maybe its just me but ti sounds like a croobreed between a micromag and calssic rt but guess thats just sill me

tjmpaintball06
03-29-2004, 08:15 PM
uh, whats wrong with the basic mag design, why do you want a body like that? Any particular reason?