PDA

View Full Version : Trigger styles: Blade vs Double vs Scythe

Cryer
03-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Ok, guys... You probably have seen my other thread on trigger style floating around here... I was just curious, what/why does everyone here use/prefer?

Blade triggers:
Like the Fireblade emag trigger, Razorblade Viking trigger, etc...

Double triggers:
Stock Emag trigger, Classic intimidator trigger, etc...

Scythe triggers:
TechnaTrigger Scythe, Frothblade Viking trigger, Claw timmi trigger, etc... angled forward...

Other:
Custom designs that dont fit into any of the other categories, ie: Lady figure triggers, using a magnet strapped to your glove with the emag, 3-finger triggers, etc... (OMEN triggers are included in this category, too)

tyrion2323
03-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey James,

I voted for "blade," but now that I think about it, I revote to "other." I say that because a slightly bent blade, or a curvy blade (like my omen trigger) seems a bit more natural to me.

Jacob

Cryer
03-29-2004, 02:04 PM
I completely forgot about the omen triggers... they are different arent they...

I guess they are gonna fall into the "other" category, then...:confused: :p
fixed the first post;)

TheTramp
03-29-2004, 02:54 PM
There's a trigger out for the '03 Shocker that looks really good.

It's a series (like 4-5) of bumps a bit smaller than the middle of a two finger trigger all the way down it.

I'd bet that if I put something like that on my E-Mag, running my finger down it would get the trigger to move back and forth enough to fire once for each bunp. Rakeing that thing would give an insane rate of fire.

Cryer
03-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I've seen that...

The matrix also has one called the gator trigger or something like that...

I dont like raking triggers... just takes too much effort. Walking is easier for me and more reliable

TheTramp
03-29-2004, 03:36 PM
It's funny, for me it really depends on the gun. I like to rake my non-blade E-Mag but prefer to walk my blade triggered Mephisto.

Now that I think about it, it probably really depends on the way the trigger is shaped and it's interaction with the switch (or sensor).

trevorjk
03-29-2004, 04:20 PM
post pics of everyone then ill vote ;)

la690
03-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Cryer
...using a magnet strapped to your glove with the emag...

hahahaha, thats awesome.

RRfireblade
03-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Hmm,let me think.......if I could have ANY trigger design I wanted........Hmmmm.

I'll have to get back to you on that one.:)

tjmpaintball06
03-29-2004, 05:49 PM
does the magnet on your glove work?

Cryer
03-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by tjmpaintball06
does the magnet on your glove work?
yes and no...

You have to get it in the right place for the HES to recognize it... Its really sensitive, but If you do it right, it works.

I dont think its tournie legal, tho:(

evan123
03-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Sythe, like the CP roller on timmys. It was made with walking the trigger in mind. Since the middle finger usually takes more travel and the index less its a good angle so you can hit the trigger without skipping a shot. Definitely a pimp trigger indeed.

03-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Blade all the way!

Head knight of Ni
03-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Blade is the basic comfort trigger. Great range of finger placement. Blade for me.:D :D :D

heftylefty
03-30-2004, 12:36 AM
i love the timmy claw trigger but my all time favorite trigger is hte custom Oakland As techna trigger.

OfficerGoat
03-30-2004, 02:46 AM
I just put a LT-3 on my E and I am impressed with it. Its a blade with a slight forward rake. I can walk it like mad ... not as fast as I could rake... but still pretty damn fast :)

Cryer
04-02-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by heftylefty
i love the timmy claw trigger but my all time favorite trigger is hte custom Oakland As techna trigger.
me too...

Anyone else got opinions?

TraXeR
04-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Blade for me, it just feels the most natural to my fingers. The other ones are to hard to get a good walking rhythm on for me, well the ones I've used atleast.

can'tthink of1
04-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Really anything, but double triggers I hate, cause when I walk my fingers are really close and that hump disrupt my walking.

Cryer
04-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by can'tthink of1
Really anything, but double triggers I hate, cause when I walk my fingers are really close and that hump disrupt my walking.
I can walk better on a double trigger than a blade trigger... I'm differ'nt tho:p
http://www.imageshack.us/img2/553/walking1.jpg

My ideal trigger design for walking an Emag/Xmag:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131197

lew
04-02-2004, 07:19 PM
I prefer a double trigger. I walk it the same as Cryer demonstrated in the above post. It puts my hand at a better angle.

magman007
04-03-2004, 02:47 PM
cryer, i fire much the same way you do, and i find a blade works wonders for me, because i can catch the bottom hook of it.

im wondering, have you ever shot an ir3 with the stock trigger?

im wondering how that works out for you?

it has that bottom hook that screams pull on me, and i know i can rip those triggers..

Cryer
04-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by magman007
cryer, i fire much the same way you do, and i find a blade works wonders for me, because i can catch the bottom hook of it.

im wondering, have you ever shot an ir3 with the stock trigger?

im wondering how that works out for you?

it has that bottom hook that screams pull on me, and i know i can rip those triggers..

Nah, I havent shot one like that... Its always looked slightly awkward to me... Like its almost at the wrong angle (I think its cause it loops all the way straight forward)... Now that you brought it up, It makes me want to try it out...:p

Cryer
04-09-2004, 08:49 AM
up need more input

RRfireblade
04-09-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Cryer
up need more input

No you don't. It's a trigger,not a wife. :D

Cryer
04-09-2004, 09:00 AM
LOL:D

phyregod
04-09-2004, 09:28 AM
I'm a double trigger guy too.. I shoot weird though.. If I am going for an insane ROF I pull with my index finger from the top trigger, right on the bottom curve of the top. Its a tough but short and snappy pull from there. If I'm snap shooting I'll use my middle finger on the "bottom" trigger for a smoother lighter pull. And I pull at an angle like the walker guy with the illustrations. (sorry, can't seem to think of the nick right now) And rarely will I walk it.. If I'm playing back man (almost never) I'll kinda walk it to save finger strength. (I shoot a mech mag with NO ULE trigger.. (its in the mail!)

Blazingace
04-09-2004, 02:57 PM
CP trigger for the matrix is candy.

puckmaster
04-09-2004, 08:27 PM
The techna Rappier trigger is where the money is at. (its a groved double trigger.)