PDA

View Full Version : eblade eye is bad,how to swap it?

stondroopy
03-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Hi guys,the eye is dead 0 reading bolt closed,0 when open. That and it just doesnt fire faster then 1 shot every 2 seconds with the eye on.how hard would it be to swap out the part and where is a good place to get them?thnx for any help

Skoad
03-29-2004, 05:12 PM
sure its not just dirty?

Best way to clean an eye without scratching it is a good ole can of dust cleaner used for computers. Just make sure the can is held rightside up. If you spray it upsidedown it will spray frozen liquid bad stuff all over the place.

sitting_duck
03-29-2004, 05:16 PM
it's not hard to swap out the eye. all you do is remove the eye cover, remove the eye from the body, unbolt the frame and disconnect the cable from the board. of course the steps are reversed when installing the new eye.
i'm not really sure of the best place to get them but i would imagine WGP has a few in stock.;)
i will recommend that you check the eye cable first to make sure you haven't pinched it. if the cable is pinched, then the eye will not respond. however, this does not mean that it needs to be replaced, as long as the cable is not torn or otherwise damaged.

FallNAngel
03-29-2004, 05:28 PM
A) Wipe off the back of the eye with a paper towel. Let it sit for a bit to dry.
B) Loosen the top right grip screw.. screwing it in too far can cause the screw to dig into the eye cable.

If this solves your problem, buy a can of liquid electrical tap (~$5) and put a dab on the back of the eye to seal it from paint (or mail me your eye and I'll do it...) The can is huge for the amount you'll use.

In the event you need to buy a new eye, you can try www.hammertimepaintball.com

stondroopy
03-29-2004, 05:46 PM
i ask and you deliever,thnx a bunch guys

sitting_duck
03-29-2004, 05:52 PM
did you fix the problem? if so what was it?

stondroopy
03-29-2004, 06:07 PM
i cleaned the eye front and back and anythng even close to it and nothing :(the eye is still reading 0's with the bolt opened and closed.the wires dont look to piched but i am going to pull the frame apart tonight.im off to work for now ill let you know what i find out,again thnx for all the help

Steelrat
03-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Constant readings of 0 usually indicate a dead eye. Try hammertime paintball (as someone suggested) or www.4freeflow.com.

FallNAngel
03-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by stondroopy
i cleaned the eye front and back and anythng even close to it and nothing :(the eye is still reading 0's with the bolt opened and closed.the wires dont look to piched but i am going to pull the frame apart tonight.im off to work for now ill let you know what i find out,again thnx for all the help

Well, if you haven't taken the frame apart, there's absolutely no way for you to know if the cable is good or not. A constant reading of '0' usually indicates a short.

LeatherPants
03-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Fallen has basically stated everything I would have.

Just be brave and take the frame off.

BTW if you don't have liquid electrical tape you can use hot glue as a substitute:p