PDA

View Full Version : Classic Leak

eric
03-29-2004, 06:05 PM
My classic mag is leaking out of the hole in the back of the gun really badly. If you shoot it the leak stops but builds up over the course of 3-4 seconds. I checked the reg seat and it seems to be fine and in correctly. Anybody know whats going on, im new to mags.

Chronobreak
03-29-2004, 06:46 PM
usualy leaking out the back impies that the rpessure is up too high try turning it down 1/4 or so

silentdeath55
03-29-2004, 07:17 PM
also, the reg piston could be bad. If the valve is old or brand new, this could be the problem. Try replacing that and see what happens.

spyder_strypes
03-29-2004, 09:00 PM
What are you chronoing at? Turn down your velocity a bit and see if that helps. Oil your reg assembly too.

Potatoboy
03-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Chrono first.

Inspect Reg piston, oil oring.

Replace Reg Piston Oring (found in parts kit)

Replace Reg piston (found at dealer or from AGD)

Lakeview Bulldog
03-30-2004, 11:28 AM
Also, do you have Lvl 10? I had this same problem. No matter how far I turned down the velocity I would still get venting out the back of the valve. I swapped out my long spring for a short one and the leak stopped. That was a quick fix for me. I still have to find out why it was doing that, but like I said, quick fix.

xen_100
03-30-2004, 02:34 PM
if you took the reg apart, then you need to replace the regseat. it will most likely leak after you have taken it apart and cause the leak out the back as you are seeing.

the fact the leaks stops when you shoot and then comes back tell me that the reg seat is leaking and not letting the regulator regulate.

if that does not solve it, then try replacing the regpiston o-ring. if that doesn't solve it, then the regpiston itself might be bad, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion yet.

Maffer
03-30-2004, 09:47 PM
I had a leak that stumped me for a long time, make sure you replace the reg piston o-ring.