PDA

View Full Version : a few questions i need answered

misfit
03-29-2004, 07:23 PM
1: is the eye hole in the sfl/xmag breaches concentric with the feed tube.
2: what is the idea placement of the detent for a slug body. ie what should the wall thickness/ depth of the threads be. is it just the length of the threads on the detent? 3: could/would agd release drawlings of their rails. just the external dementions would be fine. i have no problem siging a nondiscosure form. i have a fewl slug models i am trying to finish up. i would like the rails to match. and i no longer have an emag/rt pro rail and am trying to avoid buying one for the time being, also i havent had time to use the cmm to measure the one i have.

thanks.

chris

RRfireblade
03-29-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by misfit
1: is the eye hole in the sfl/xmag breaches concentric with the feed tube.
2: what is the idea placement of the detent for a slug body. ie what should the wall thickness/ depth of the threads be. is it just the length of the threads on the detent? 3: could/would agd release drawlings of their rails. just the external dementions would be fine. i have no problem siging a nondiscosure form. i have a fewl slug models i am trying to finish up. i would like the rails to match. and i no longer have an emag/rt pro rail and am trying to avoid buying one for the time being, also i havent had time to use the cmm to measure the one i have.

thanks.

chris

I'll try some.

1) if you mean symmetrical,as in dead center and evenly spaced under the breech then Yes.

2) detents typically should have as much of the ball in the breach as possible with out ANY threads or body of the detent protruding in.

2B)I think rail specs have been released by various parties here on AO in the past,but I couldn't tell you by who.You'd have to spend some time searching.The critical spec,I believe is only the thickness of the rail under the valve and where it meets the grip frame as that determines the on/off pin dimensions.Even that is easily rectified as long as your within range of the available pin lengths,as far ar I'm aware.

Jay.

misfit
03-29-2004, 11:28 PM
if you mean symmetrical,as in dead center and evenly spaced under the breech then Yes.
yes that is what i mean. when two circles have the same center they are concentric.
2: thats what i figured, but was looking for something a little more concrete.
3:not looking to make one from scratch just do some cosmetic milling to and existing one.

thanks for your help so far.

RRfireblade
03-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by misfit

yes that is what i mean. when two circles have the same center they are concentric

I'm aware of that,I just didn't know what "circles" you had in mind.;)