PDA

View Full Version : Bolt question

boggerman
09-28-2001, 04:32 PM
I bought my mag used and am trying to identify the bolt in it. It has a stainless "shell"(?), the outer part is stainless and the part that catches on the sear. The inner part and the shaft that slides into the power tube are nylon or delrin or some type of plastic. It has nine holes and a foamie. The mag also came with an ANS Phase II valve, I know everyone here says don't waste your money on one but it seems to work fine. Is it a waste only because it is no better than stock AGD stuff or is it really worse? Thanks in advance for any help!

djmrk
09-28-2001, 04:56 PM
hey boggerman. I do not know if this is correct, but I think your bolt may be an ANS bolt. Try looking on-line at paintball stores and see if the bolts they have for sale match yours. Hope this helps. :D

BlackVCG
09-28-2001, 05:12 PM
Quite possibly could be a Thunder Bolt. Think you can get a pic of it? I'll know for certain once I see the front side of it.

boggerman
10-01-2001, 02:57 AM
Sorry, no digital camera. If there is a specific thing to identify it, maybe I can look for it. If it is a Thunder bolt, is it something I should be thinking about replacing? What would you recommend for a mag running co2 for the long haul? Thanks in advance for the help.

BlackVCG
10-01-2001, 09:44 AM
The Thunderbolt has a convex face to it and it's a white fiberglass material. It has a bunch of small holes drilled out around the circumfrence of the face (8-10 holes). If it looks anything like this, then it's a Thunderbolt. If it's an ANS Phase II bolt, the face will be concave and it should have a black foamie in the middle. On the base it will say ANS Phase II and some other stuff. Either way, you should just get a stock AGD bolt for best performance and reliability. If you do have a true Thunderbolt that is in good condition, I might be interested in taking it off your hands.

boggerman
10-02-2001, 02:42 AM
This bolt has a thin stainless outer shell, almost sheet metal thin, with white nylon or plastic in the center and also the shaft that goes in the power tube. It has nine holes and a yellow foamie. I will try to borrow a digital camera in the next day or two and post a picture. Thanks for the information!