PDA

View Full Version : Played with a new Angel Fly at the weekend

Gadget
03-30-2004, 06:43 AM
Two guys on our team got the new Fly last week and I had the opportunity to use one in a tournament at the weekend.

Looks nice in black dust and the eye covers are very nicely done. The other guy got a gorgeous deep blue colour which looked fantastic.

In use I honestly couldn't tell any difference between it and an Angel 4 - both were very quick with minimal recoil and were consistant over the chrono. Didn't experience any chops or breaks.

The marker itself is possibly a tad lighter than my ULE E-Mag, but it had an Angel AIR + Halo while I run a Flatline + Revvy, which I reckon balances the scales out - felt similar weight-wise overall.

I'd recommend it, but probably not worth Angel 4 owners who are happy with sensi upgrading and it didn't make me want to ditch the E-Mag either.

Load SM5
03-30-2004, 07:21 AM
Where they using regular HALO's or Reloader B's. I'm curious if WDP fixed that issue angels seem to have with HALO's. In Huntington Beach photos it looks like Joy Division is using standard HALOs on their Fly's.

Gadget
03-30-2004, 07:32 AM
Both were using standard Halos with Z-code and had no problems.....but they also used to run the same loaders on Angel 4s and didn't encounter any problems with those either.

Could just be lucky hoppers.

Oh and you mentioning Joy remineded me - while queuing for air I noticed the guy in front had a Joy Angel (Fly with different milling) in gold to black. Looked a bit fussy to me, preferred the looks of the Angel 4 or standard Fly.