PDA

View Full Version : trigger mod question

tonybhall
03-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Hello everyone,

Quick question. I have read on this board that it is not a good idea to adjust the trigger rod. However, everytime someone explains it they say you should not adjust it because there has to be space between the trigger rod and the trigger when it is gassed up so that the trigger has room to cycle. When mine is gassed up I have plenty of room. So, would it be ok to adjust it out just a little as long as I leave a space? Why or why not?

Thanks

athomas
03-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Yes, you can adjust it out as long as you leave a bit of space. Make sure the space is present in all instances. Remember, the valve can move a tiny bit in the body once tightened down and gassed up.

soccer4minimags
03-31-2004, 09:19 AM
I've turned out the rods slightly on both my rt's. I marked them and wrote down somewhere exactly how may turns I did in case I ever want or need to put it back.

Can't really comment on its effectiveness. I honestly don't remember what it felt like before I did it.

The biggest jump in reactivity I got was from getting a new on/off pin from AGD. I have a .740 I think it is in one of my guns.

One other thing I've noticed. Maybe someone can tell me why. When I dryfire my RT's they are sick reactive. Really bouncy really fast. Now with paint they are nowhere near as bouncy. Just fast. Is this because I just added weight with my hopper and paint. I wouldn't think so I thought that since its an rt trigger gun mass dosen't make a difference.

tonybhall
03-31-2004, 09:30 AM
Bounces like crazy when I dry fire, with paint it does not.
Sounds crazy, but it's true.

soccer4minimags
03-31-2004, 11:22 AM
so you have the ULT. I've been thinking of picking one up. I see you use a lot of shims. How much reactivity did you loose. What sort of tank do you have?

If i got one I'd run it with a lot of shims, I like my trigger as reactive as possible.

As for the trigger rods, I think I turned them out somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 and a 1/2 to 2 turns.

tonybhall
03-31-2004, 12:24 PM
Hey,

I need to change that. I am down to 2 shims to keep me tourney legal. I always had the ULT so I can't say how much reactivity I lost. However, both of my team mates had the regular on/off and got a ULT after shooting mine. When it's new, it seems more reactive and will bounce like crazy. As it breaks in, it feels less reactive. However, it does not need to be as reactive as the stock on/off because the trigger pull is SO much lighter. If you trigger pull is 3lbs, then you need at least that much to return the trigger quickly. But if you have the ULT and the trigger pull is less than 15 oz, then the reactivity has to drop or the marker would be uncontrolable. I hope that makes sence.

The ULT does require more tuning than I would like but over all I like it a lot.

tonybhall
03-31-2004, 10:11 PM
Ok, I have a new question about the trigger rod adjustment. Does AGD locktight the trigger rod in place? I can not get it to turn. Any suggestions?

Thanks

soccer4minimags
03-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Mine had what appeared to be green loc-tite on it. I heated it slightly and used 2 vise grips. No real damage done.