PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

kscullin
03-30-2004, 10:10 AM
Hello,

I'm new here. Unfortunately I can't afford a 'mag, but I figure I can learn some new stuff (even automags have properties that apply to paintball markers in general), meet some new people, maybe even help out some - one of the things I like best about paintball is taking the winter down-time to modify my markers.

I hope I've got this in the right board, as one of the biggest reasons I came here is to ask a question: I saw the demo video for your Deadlywind hAir trigger, and I'm intrigued. I've been an electronic tech at one level or another for the past 13 years, and have yet to be impressed with the durability of electronics. We all know about broken circuit boards, bad solder connections, humidity problems, dead batteries at the worst possible moment, forgetting to turn things on, etc.

Unfortunately, as I said, I don't own an automag but I'd like to investigate this pneumatically actuated trigger concept. I checked with a patent lawyer, and found that even if I don't sell or share my findings I'd still be violating your patents (pending) if I pursue that course of thought, as I'm sure you're closing every available loophole so the loopholes at Smart Parts don't have an avenue to take advantage of on you.

Would there be any objections to me investigating a pneumatically assisted trigger concept with which to upgrade my BE Stingray and PI GTV1 (the only semis I own)? I have no intention of trying to patent, sell, post (e.g. on another owners group) or selling a marker equipped with any ideas I come up with - just want to see if I can do it, and make my markers better mechanically (especially my Stingray - I love finding out how far I can take it).

Chronobreak
03-30-2004, 10:20 AM
welcome to AO and i think that it woul be pointless and frivalous to do that to those amrkers ex since it woulnt be easy nor worthwhile but feel free to pm nicad maybe hell give you permission

kscullin
03-30-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the direction.

Frivolous, yes. Difficult, definitely. Pointless, I disagree. If I can get 12-13 mechanical bps out of my Stingray, think of the BE bashing heads I'd turn at the World Record Game.

Mango
03-30-2004, 10:46 AM
http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/wavey.gif

Welcome!

frenchman309
03-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Welcome to AO. I'd definately contact nicad about it. I'd love to see a brass eagle do that. If you can get it to work please post pics and perhaps a video :D

Chronobreak
03-30-2004, 02:58 PM
WAIT!! no way your gonna have one on your gun before i have one on my mag ;)

kscullin
03-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Muahahahah!

Seriously, though, if I can get permission from Nicad (I pm'd him) it may still end up like my psycho feed idea - direct feed mechanically linked to the hammer, unlike the Cyclone pneumatic feed - still on the drawing board. I have the raw materials I need to make my parts, but don't have the time to fashion them very quickly. All I have are basic hand tools (utility knife, pliers, 2 files, wrenches, screwdrivers, allen wrenches), a hand drill and a dremel, a couple of taps (1/4x20, 10x32 and 1/8" NPT - my tap handle doesn't fit all of them, which is fun) and a hacksaw - someday I'll get a bench vise. Makes hand fashioning parts slow going.

-=Squid=-
03-30-2004, 07:28 PM
My old stingray will still be faster ;) I will try to get some vids up this sunday. If only you people knew... :p

kevdupuis
03-30-2004, 08:15 PM
About time you showed up here, and I'm sure Kevmaster would say the same. :p

Welcome man.

kscullin
03-31-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks, Kevdupuis. Sometimes I'm kinda slow getting around (old bones and all :D ).

Squid - were you one of the ones going for the Stingray mech f/a mod contest? Somehow your username "feels" familiar.

-=Squid=-
03-31-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by kscullin
Thanks, Kevdupuis. Sometimes I'm kinda slow getting around (old bones and all :D ).

Squid - were you one of the ones going for the Stingray mech f/a mod contest? Somehow your username "feels" familiar. Nope... cant recall doing that. Im just some bored guy who found a stingray in his closet :) Needs ace though :p