PDA

View Full Version : ReloaderB vs. HaloB

Cliffio
03-30-2004, 01:57 PM
i searched and only found on thread with people bickering, so i thought i would just ask

is there a big difference between the two besides one being an eye and one being sound activated?

whats the big advantage to have sound....other than using all kinds of paint...i never use dark shell paint.

i know the reloader can use 4 AA, whats the advantage to that?

i just wanted to get peoples opinion.

thanks guys

Cliff

xen_100
03-30-2004, 02:14 PM
HUGE difference........its like asking "what is faster a honda or a ferrari?"

the reloader is jsut a 12Vrevy with a custom board in it the spins every shot based on the sound the gun makes when it shoots. very good system and works really well........but about 14BPS is the max you will get out of it.

the halo is a true forcefeed hopper that will feed at about 22BPs consistantly and MUCH higher in bursts. the new SW out will load at 35 BPS.

oldsoldier
03-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Xen, he meant the halo empire reloader B, I believe. Cliff, from what I understand, you are supposed to get like 2-3 bps more out of the empire. Also, like you stated, no eyes, and two less batts, meaning slightly less heavy. Other than that, I havent heard of any other differences.

LeatherPants
03-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Read the entire other thread there is alot of good information in it. We don't need another of these threads started again.

Cryer
03-30-2004, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I heard the same stuff... a couple of extra bps, you have the option of fewer batteries. Also, I heard the board is more reliable than the HaloB.

Personally I would prefer to have the Reloader... Does anyone know a price? about the same as a haloB I guess?

xen_100
03-30-2004, 02:26 PM
ok......nevermind then. I didn't even know the empire was doing that with the HALO. :D

Cryer
03-30-2004, 02:35 PM
http://www.empirepaintball.com/html/pdfs/reloaderb_manual.pdf

thats the manual for the ReloaderB

xXHavokXx
03-30-2004, 03:01 PM
Someone told me the Reloader B will not work with a DM4, it doesnt like the sound signature of the dm4 or other trix's.

Also The reloader B you have to go through Satan (NPS) to get whereas the halo B you just have to call the screw ups at Dragun to get them to send parts of your order.

PissedGodzilla
03-30-2004, 03:10 PM
I played with a guy from the empire factory and he brought one out and was playing around with it. Now, from what I could tell, it was sound activated, and had less batteries, it was impossible for me to tell whether or not it was 2-3 bps faster than my halo, but it very well might be.

I heard it was on the expensive side, like 140ish.

Also less battieries may mean lighter weight, but only a few ounces and alot less usage time. If I was choosing between the two, I would get the normal halo.

Besides, would you outshoot the halo? honestly? it's hard to do, not impossible, but hard to do. 2-3 bps isn't gonna make a difference in this case.

My two cents.:D

RoadDawg
03-30-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by xXHavokXx
Someone told me the Reloader B will not work with a DM4, it doesnt like the sound signature of the dm4 or other trix's.

Well I'm not sure on the DM4 but No Skillz uses one on his NYX. Like LP mentioned read the entire post. There is good info in that review by No Skillz. Unfortunatly others had to challenge his dis liking of the Halo B.

Torbo
03-30-2004, 05:02 PM
allright its been posted before, but ive got one and i will inform you all about them.;)

They may be a bit faster. I cant verify that, but they do seem to spin a bit faster. They have 3 speed settings, and in essesce 6, since you can run each on either 6 batteries or 4. the slowest is indeed quite slow, but still useable. The middle one seems about normal. The fastest setting seems to push the paint harder, since it was pushing a ton of paint past my detents, and wasnt doing so on the medium speed setting. It also has a rip drive installed, which is very nice, and to me compensates for the $20 price increase right there. We have had no problems with quiet guns, they have worked fine on matrices.

bad: more expensive, and complex. There are some odditys, such as the fact that youre not supposed to have paint in it when you turn it on, because it messes up the boot up sequence. You can just turn it upside down, that also does the trick.

overall, im glad i bought it. It is functionally not too much different than a regular halo, but if you can deal with the minor quirks, i think its worth it.

sneakyhacker420
03-30-2004, 06:33 PM
ok, i have a reloader-b... and i LOVE IT

basically, i love how its sound operated, so i don't have to turn it off if i run out of paint in a game or something

you don't have eyes to get dirty, which proved very helpful when a ball broke in it on sunday... not to mention that it will feed black paint

a guy at my field has 3 reloader b's that he got from the world cup, one of which is on his DM4, and it has no problems sensing the sound of it - you just have to be in a quiet area when you turn it on - it self-adjusts the sound sensor according to the surrounding noise when you turn it on or change the speed

not that it really matters, but i like the fact that all the internal parts are clear, instead of blue and black like the HALO's

it also comes standard with RIP Drive

it must be faster than a HALO (w/ z-code or older atleast) to warrant odyssey's release of the Victory 35 board

No sKiLLz
03-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Speed setting 3 is faster, 2 is the same, and one is slower.

RoboBeaver
03-30-2004, 09:07 PM
im pretty sure the halob is 120 while the reloader b is 150

that is all

yeahthatsme
03-30-2004, 10:11 PM
dude, cliff, dont be ig'nant, totally pick up a halo b and pop a victory in there...then you could dish out the OTB pain almost as good as me :D

No sKiLLz
03-31-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
dude, cliff, dont be ig'nant, totally pick up a halo b and pop a victory in there...then you could dish out the OTB pain almost as good as me :D

I guess that's an implication that we're stupid for buying Reloaders. That's fine. I'd rather seem stupid on the forums than be thumbing my rip drive in a game.

Cliffio
03-31-2004, 01:39 AM
he and i are friends, he was joking

Steelrat
03-31-2004, 01:40 AM
I think you should get a viking ;)

Cliffio
03-31-2004, 12:41 PM
anybody know a good place to get one?

888 has em, but are out of stock on almost all colors i think

Cliff

No sKiLLz
03-31-2004, 01:59 PM
Call 714-666-2100 and tell them Pete said you could get a good deal there. They have at least 5 of them on the shelf in the back room.

yeahthatsme
03-31-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio
he and i are friends, he was joking

dude, i'm not your friend, friends dont let friends drive frunk http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

RtDaNiMaL
04-01-2004, 12:22 AM
i dont think ther is much difference accept from the listed above

White_Noise
04-01-2004, 01:05 AM
halo b w/ rip drive and z code installed from www.topgeek.com for about $137 shipped.i have one, and will be dropping a victory board in soon, not that i shoot that fast, but you can turn it down if it pushes past detents, or in the case of my teamates' angels, pushes the bolt back allowing a double feed and chop.

FallNAngel
04-01-2004, 01:55 AM
anyone know of a site that has these listed and in stock?

LeatherPants
04-01-2004, 02:36 AM
Everyone seems to be expecting them at the same time. Either the end of this weeke begining of next.

www.topgeek.com emailed me back and said he hoped the end of this week. Topgeek is a good guy too.

Torbo
04-01-2004, 09:51 AM
your local shop may have them, thats probably the best bet. We have 4 or 5 of them.