PDA

View Full Version : lookin to make a law

rkjunior303
03-30-2004, 03:54 PM
hey everyone,

lookin to make a law for an upcoming scenario.. would someone possibly be able to help me out with what's needed? I was lookin to make something similar to this.. obviously the stock/foregrip is self explainatory but I'd love help on the guts. are there any online prints without having to pay for them?

Here is an example: M-79 Launcher (http://www.alternativepaintball.com/m79.htm)

rkjunior303
03-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Looking at it, its just a Barrel section connected to a ball valve, which is then connected to a 12g quick chamber.. I guess my only question when you connec the 12g quick change to the ball valve, what sort of 'buffer' should you have between the two? or will the pressure from the 12g be ok going directly to the ball valve? (prob around 100psi right?)

Thanks!

personman
03-30-2004, 05:15 PM
They sell the plans you know. :p

doc_Zox
03-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Theres some LAW threads in the scenario forum

a 12 gram should have ~8 inches of 3/4 inch pipe in front of the ball valve

you basically need a 12 gram quick charger, some pipe, a ball valve and PVC barrel stock.

sweat solder the pipe and it should hold a charge for awhile

telfon tape and threaded pipe leaks

you need to turn the valve pretty quick or you will get low fps

googling "pneumatic spud cannon"
will eventullay lead you to the Supah Piston valve

now thats a cannon valve

rkjunior303
03-30-2004, 06:26 PM
doc,

what about using a solenoid sprinkler valve? I was looking at some sites and one was made that way. I can make a pretty simple trigger mechanism so that wouldnt be a problem.. I was just wondering if I could use an inline one or would i need it to be an anti-syphon valve.. Since I would be making a LAW type launcher, I would want to mount it on a wood stock, so I would realyl want it to be a straight pipe type design rather one tube on top of another....

Any suggestions?

doc_Zox
03-30-2004, 08:30 PM
http://www.spudtech.com/components.asp

poke about the SGTC for launcher ideas

the inline form is quite doable

but they can get kinda long

Polish
03-30-2004, 08:48 PM
My friend got hit with a projectile from one of these rocket launchers up at Battle of the Bulge at Skirmish. Hit his elbow, spun him.. then he fell. One of the nicest paintball welts Ive seen though.

rkjunior303
03-30-2004, 10:20 PM
They guys over in the scenario part of the forum helped me out with the valve portion of it. I'm going to make it pneumatic rather than electric, using a modified inline valve.. I will move this whole discussion over to that thread so I don't have 2 conversations going! Thanks for the input guys :)