PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Family Guy Fans...

Koosh
03-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Ok first off let me say I am a huge fan of the show, and I own both the DVD sets...

But something is bothering me. I remember EXACTLY a scene in one episode where Stewie is sneaking in the Airport with alot of weapons, but to distract the security detail he starts singing "I'm a Little Teapot"... Afterwards he says "Lets hope Osama Bin Laden never learns Showtunes" which immediately brings in Osama singing "I hope I get it...."

I haven't seen this in any of the DVD's... I thought it was in the episode where Meg joins a Cult, but either I missed it, or they cut it out because of the 9/11 issue...

I didn't think they would do that, heck Seth McFarlane (the series creator) was supposed to BE on one of the flights on 9/11, but he missed it...

So did they cut the scene out, or did I just miss the episode its in?

deathstalker
03-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Yes, that's an episode, but for the life of me I can't remember which it is. Doesn't Stewie sing "Good Ship Lollipop?"

PyRo
03-30-2004, 05:20 PM
I know I have seen the cult episode, but don't remember anything about the weapons

xmetal2001
03-30-2004, 06:19 PM
I remember that, but I'm pretty sure he doesnt sing "I'm a little teapot".
Dont know where it is.

krafty
03-30-2004, 06:34 PM
Edited out. Season 1 DVD set contains 2 omissions, one whole episode (can't remember which one) and they edited out the Osama bit. I don't know who made the decision either.

(edit) This from www.dvdreview.com :

"This is a strangely poor showing for a 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment release, who is typically ahead of the field in terms of quality. Add to that the fact that one episode of the series is missing entirely from this set and that the episode ’Road To Rhode Island’ has been edited to remove a Bin Laden joke, and we are beginning to scratch our heads over this release. ’Family Guy’ is an irreverent series, always has been through its short-lived three seasons, and as such it has won its fans. Removing from a DVD release what made this series special, is just disrespectful to the series itself and the creative talent behind it"

ShooterJM
03-30-2004, 08:35 PM
Didn't they originally kill the wish upon a weinstein episode? The one with peter singing the "I need a Jew" song?

Chris42050
03-30-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by ShooterJM
Didn't they originally kill the wish upon a weinstein episode? The one with peter singing the "I need a Jew" song?
Yes. They did not show this episode on fox. It is in the 2nd DVD set tho.

lopxtc
03-30-2004, 09:16 PM
I know Stewie sung little teapot on the episode where Brian has the peeing on the rug issue. He walks around the house peeing on everything seeing Im a Little Teapot.

Aaron

UltimatePaintballer
03-30-2004, 10:02 PM
GAH! i remember seeing that at nick o times house. but i forget what its on.:(

Will Wood
03-31-2004, 09:57 AM
Both the DVD sets? Aren't there 3?

I just picked up some of the DVDs the other day. I was kinda disapointed there was no bonus features.
I'm gonna copy them. Family Guy rocks.

Koosh
03-31-2004, 10:00 AM
no... there are three seasons of family guy, only two DVD sets though.

And there are bonus features... Some hilarious commentary from the creators of the show on some episodes, and like 3-4 "documentarys" on it too... They are on the last disks of both the DVD sets...

dwab3000
03-31-2004, 10:16 AM
i have all three seasons on my hard drive
you coud get one with osama if you have that tv for computer thing. just watch enough adult swim on cartoon network

Will Wood
03-31-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by TheFlamingKoosh
no... there are three seasons of family guy, only two DVD sets though.

And there are bonus features... Some hilarious commentary from the creators of the show on some episodes, and like 3-4 "documentarys" on it too... They are on the last disks of both the DVD sets...

Ah. Well I only borrowed the first disc of season one and two. So that explains it. There is the ads for it on the first one though, but that isn't much.

How many discs are there total? I need to know how many DVD-R I should pick up.