PDA

View Full Version : Long time scenario players..

gbrad64
03-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Ive been playing scenario games for 14 years now...
i currently play for a well known scenario game producer..
in all the years i have seen all sorts of paintball guns come and go...
with all the rage on these eletronically inhanced pnuematic guns, i still have and use my auto mag..
my first mag was was stolen about 5 years ago...it had custom made parts that i have seen on other mags at really big games...for instance the steel body was gold plated with black checker board design...i saw this body on another mag at a game this past december...but considering how long it has been snese mine was stolen, i did nothing but admire the smile on the kid using it....any way back to the point........
While at a game recentally ..i got my mag out and was getting chronoed in..i over herd some of the other players in line commenting.."its an (old) guy see the auto mag?"..
i said nothign and went about my bussness...
then at the dinner break i came right out of a major fire fight ...me and all my equipment was covered in paint...most of wich i got just trying to get off the field after being shot out...i went to the cleaning sinks provided at the field and started to clean off my mag...
i left the gun charged and pulled off the hopper and barrel..
then i swished it around in a sink full of water...then fired it dry...
at this point i herd gasps from some of the younger players watching me...
they all stood there wide eyed...i turned and siaid "Id like to see you try that with your impulse"..(of course i was carefull not to submerge the valve body)
i then toweled off the mag and then went for a quick clean and lube back at my camp site...right now the auto mag is the only gun that i can think of that can be cleaned in such a way....
of coures after the day of play it gets a full strip and clean and relube....its one tuff and ready paintball gun...
perfect for scenario games
have fun and be safe
brad

Burphel
03-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by gbrad64
right now the auto mag is the only gun that i can think of that can be cleaned in such a way.

How about every pump out there? Maybe you're not as old school as you thought :cool:. Really, almost anything that's not electro can be cleaned out that way, although some take longer to drip-dry. I hosed down my last Cocker on several occasions, and I've seen Model 98 rentals pressure-washed.

But yeah, there's something nice about being able to clean up after a hosing with, well, a hose.

Pyrate Jim
03-31-2004, 06:10 AM
I still play with the Splatmaster I bought in '88.
Just run it under the hose and shake it off.

I have a level six 'Mag that I bring to games as a loaner. I agree they're easy to clean after I get it back.

gbrad64
03-31-2004, 07:54 PM
of course pumps are one thing i did not think of..
i sold my last tracer back in 1990 and i haven't looked back..
when i started i used a PGP as it was the only thing i could afford ...even then it was about $200.00...
i came across a guy who tooka piece of PVC pipe and some rods and made under side pump actions for PGPs..
this guy was offering a two day game at his place so i went..
the format was ..set up camp on saturday then play capture the flag all day ..then get up early sunday and play all day again...this later evolved into the 24 hr scenario..
there was a lot of people there and soon after that game PGPs started to come with pumps already on them..
one of the things we did with the PGPs was take a 12ga. shotgun swab put it on a drill and some brass cleaner...then put a mirror finish inside the barrel...
just FYI i first played paintball when i was 16 in 1984...
its ok if no one believes me..
once at a big game i was talking to some guys about back when there where enamel paintballs..
when i started there was some of that paint still around..
later in a paintball magazine i saw a cartoon of some guy telling others about way back when they used enamel paintballs.. Ron obviously did not belive me:) as it was his cartoon...if you think its worth the time ..and if some one asks i'll gladly take them to our old field and show them the permanent splats still on the power line towers...
any way have fun and be safe

Lee
04-08-2004, 09:16 PM
hey man, where in florida?

Smakman
04-10-2004, 03:43 PM
I have 3 old Splatmasters that I bought when I first started playing in '86. I bought 3 additional guns after the first one so I had people to play against. I don't use them any more, but I did hose them out with water back then. I use water liberally on the Tippmann though.

Rhinopkc
04-11-2004, 11:51 PM
I hose off my Palmer! AGD doesn't have the low maintenance gun market cornered.

gbrad64
05-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Ocala florida...
im usually at Waynes world of paintball...
The next game im gonna play is at Waynes..
its in august its waynes big one....
its BYOP

gbrad64
05-14-2004, 11:22 PM
How about every pump out there? Maybe you're not as old school as you thought :cool:. Really, almost anything that's not electro can be cleaned out that way, although some take longer to drip-dry. I hosed down my last Cocker on several occasions, and I've seen Model 98 rentals pressure-washed.

But yeah, there's something nice about being able to clean up after a hosing with, well, a hose.

would you take one of those modle 98s and fire it with water in it?
or dunk your cocker under water and fire it?
this can be done with a mag...

Brophog
05-15-2004, 01:16 AM
There is nothing in a model 98 that wont allow it to fire under water. As for the cocker, I would worry about some of the pneumatics sucking in water, but it isn't like water is hazardous to it. Atleast in the short term it isn't.

Bogey
05-15-2004, 06:56 AM
I used to bring both my Mini and my cocker home from a hard days work and run them under steaming hot water and it cleaned them both good as the day I bought them. Just dry and lube and they were good for storing until the next time they got used. My old Tipp Pro-Lite seemed like it could have been cleaned by dunking it in acid, those older gun sure were tough compared to todays electro-gimmicks.

Bogey

Orion33
05-16-2004, 03:35 PM
a lot of the scenario games here..are sponsored and run by the local proshop...and they have a rule no reactive triggers or electro guns...

so if any of the kids say something like that im like..have fun at the next scenario game

gbrad64
05-17-2004, 07:51 PM
my thoughts on the water thing is the same as yours...
the field i play at alows reactive triggers but no full automatic