PDA

View Full Version : My First Mag

chasden
03-30-2004, 08:47 PM
This black beauty arrived today. I stopped fondling it long enough to take some pictures.

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~chasden/images/mag1.jpg

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~chasden/images/mag2.jpg

ULE body
Intelliframe
X-Valve w/ LVL10
ULT
Evil Pipe Barrel
Trinity Drop Forward on/off

I LOVE it! I can't believe how light it is. What do you guys think? Chuff chuff?

I'm not crazy about the chrome body rail that holds the grip... anyone know where I can get a black one?

RoboBeaver
03-30-2004, 08:54 PM
look you didnt stop fondling it even hwile you were taking the pictures..... youve been found out!

thats a verr nice lookin mag... puts mines to shame, hehehe

what kind of drop is on it?

jayloo
03-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Nice mag:D

AND welcome to AO!

barrel break
03-30-2004, 09:37 PM
wish i had the cash for one of those beuties...

SpecialBlend2786
03-31-2004, 04:11 AM
very nice!
haha, I have the same carpet as you...:eek:

Joni
03-31-2004, 05:06 AM
You do know that you can remove the front grip rail right? There is a predrilled hole in the body rail, punch through it, and attach the vert adapter there. You can only use one screw, but it is enough.

TransMan
03-31-2004, 05:19 AM
I may have a black one I'll take a look when I go down to the shop later.

Kha0Z
03-31-2004, 06:54 AM
How much would one of those run? I'm looking to get a mag. I'm currently injured from a woodsball game and figured while i'm down and out i'd research some new gear. I own a TES and have some other low end guns but i'm pretty sick of all the problems with leaks and pinched eye wires etc etc and am ready for a light, reliable, fast gun and someone refered me to mags. Actualy they showed me the video of nicads hAir trigger and I was pretty much sold on getting a mag and waiting for that mod. But back to my question :) How much did that setup cost you? Or how much is it on average? Thanks,

-KhaoZ

chasden
03-31-2004, 09:21 AM
Hmmm... predrilled hole in the body rail, eh? Thanks, I'm new to Mags, did not know that, Joni, and I might just try that. I've been a cocker guy for the last couple of years. This ULE RT Custom was such a great deal, direct from ADG for $529 (of course the Evil Pipe kit and Trinity drop were extra).

Joni
03-31-2004, 09:24 AM
No problem. That was what I did, and it looks and feels a lot better than with the fugly rail. If you're not happy with it, you can just reinstall the rail.

chasden
03-31-2004, 09:59 AM
Did you tap it or drill it out? What do you suggest?

Joni
03-31-2004, 10:05 AM
I drilled it from the top, then i took a large drill bit and removed the sharp edges from the bottom by hand. Im pretty sure that you can punch it out as well, I just felt safer drilling it. took about 2 seconds to drill it :)

Cryer
03-31-2004, 10:10 AM
In the future, I would recommend buying a Rogue Rail. Check the Dealers section of the forum.
Roguefactor mills your rail out so its even lighter and he drills an slot so you can mount your foregrip on the rail and move it back or forth to whatever suits you.

chasden
03-31-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys. You have a pretty righteous RT ULE Custom yourself there, Joni. That Roguerail looks pretty cool Cryer, thanks. I'm definitely gonna consider it when it comes time to spend some cash. I'd either get a Roguerail, or just go for a Karta body, which I think includes the milled main body rail.

RtDaNiMaL
03-31-2004, 10:54 AM
hey welcome to AO
im likin the gun. i have an i frame also and i love it, i will never go to electronic. hey i was alos wondering if you like that better with the x valve.

good luck
dan

Cryer
03-31-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by chasden
Thanks for the feedback, guys. You have a pretty righteous RT ULE Custom yourself there, Joni. That Roguerail looks pretty cool Cryer, thanks. I'm definitely gonna consider it when it comes time to spend some cash. I'd either get a Roguerail, or just go for a Karta body, which I think includes the milled main body rail.

Given the choice between the 2, I'd go with the Karta. Its expensive, but damn its pretty;) And yeah you're right, Nicad offers the option of a milled body rail with it

robdamanii
03-31-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Cryer

Given the choice between the 2, I'd go with the Karta. Its expensive, but damn its pretty;) And yeah you're right, Nicad offers the option of a milled body rail with it
It sure is pretty.

I can't wait to get mine in my hands. :D