PDA

View Full Version : SFL Fireblade 4.0 FURY!

Z-man
03-31-2004, 12:58 AM
HAHAHAHA!!!! After threatening to disembowel my friendly (but incompotent FedEx people, they finally found my house and get me the object of my desire!

CoolHand your ano job came out PERFECT! Adjustment was fast and easy. I have to say that I am 100% satisfied and if I had my air tank with me I would go shoot it.... As for now I have to do with draining the battery ;)

Howz that for firepower? An SFL Fireblade E-Mag with 4.0!

http://www.zakvetter.com/extra/right-far-web.jpg

http://www.zakvetter.com/extra/left-far-web.jpg

http://www.zakvetter.com/extra/right-close-web.jpg

http://www.zakvetter.com/extra/left-close-web.jpg

Give it up!

hAppy
03-31-2004, 01:00 AM
whoa, i gotta check that out on AO DAY!

Mindflux
03-31-2004, 01:18 AM
Oh NOES! Don't let the 4.0 police come after you.

Steelrat
03-31-2004, 01:39 AM
The body shop called, you still owe them for the primer work.

Nice gun man! The fireblade looks nice in there, like it was meant to be there. I can practically see the rec players cowering in fear of the firepower this bad-boy will put out.

Z-man
03-31-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Steelrat
The body shop called, you still owe them for the primer work.

You are lucky you added in that suck up comment at the end or I would haev had to hurt you ;)

Steelrat
03-31-2004, 01:45 AM
Haev had? Is that some sort of Scandinavian thing?

Z-man
03-31-2004, 01:48 AM
TRANSLATE YOU PUNK!

Major Jam
03-31-2004, 01:59 AM
Awesome!!!!

But, does it need red grips or grey primer grips? :)

Steelrat
03-31-2004, 02:02 AM
No, it needs the grips that I was supposed to send to him 2 months ago :(

Z-man
03-31-2004, 02:08 AM
Well I do have those funky red ones that Kila made for himself... and those snakeskin ones.... :eek:

tyrion2323
03-31-2004, 02:19 AM
I like the gray color. The SFL body is really highlighted when the anodizing in understated. It gives your marker a sort of "warehouse/industrial" look.

=)

Jacob

Evil1
03-31-2004, 02:34 AM
That gun is awesome!

gibby
03-31-2004, 03:01 AM
Very nice Zack! I might just have to order one of these bad boys! :)

CoolHand
03-31-2004, 04:09 AM
The trigger looks good in there, I'm glad you like it.

I think the marker looked better with the Freak on it though.

Later

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
03-31-2004, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Z-man

Howz that for firepower? An SFL Fireblade E-Mag with 4.0!

I would surmise...no better then a X-Mag with 4.0 :D

Z-man
03-31-2004, 04:25 AM
yeah well.... my super cool... MILLING JOB makes all the balls I shoot go farther and faster than yous and... and I have magnetic detents! and a milled X-Valve......

ha! once again my superior logic has proven that the gun makes the player!

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
03-31-2004, 04:28 AM
yeah well.... my super cool... MILLING JOB makes all the balls I shoot go farther and faster than yous and... and I have magnetic detents! and a milled X-Valve......

ha! once again my superior logic has proven that the gun makes the player!

Sounds like fuzzy logic to me hahah I think Bulldog would agree with me since he's a fellow xmaggin 4.0 totting socal assasin. :cool:

Z-man
03-31-2004, 04:47 AM
oh dont even try and start with the SoCal part ;) It was all SoCal could do to keep from being overwhelemed but us Northerners!

I hope you will rally the faithful few for the '05 meet so we can actually HAVE a NoCal vs SoCal game ;)

Besides, the X-Mag is so common! And as everyone knows, the fewer of and more custom certain markers are, the better they are. For Example in comparison to a standard E-Mag my SFL has the following that increase performance (note that %'s are rounded to the nearest 5 for simplicity)

SFL E-Mag +25% increase to performance and coolness

Limited Edition 4.0 "black market" software +30% increase to performance and coolness

Custom 1 off milling including 1 of a kind milled and matching anoed X-Valve +40% increase to performance and coolness

Kila Matching Ano Dual Magnetic Detents +5% increase to performance and coolness

Matching Fireblade Trigger +20% increase to performance and coolness

lvl10 Inside Sticker on the Back of the Valve +5% increase to performance and coolness

General Wear and Tear on the Marker -5% decrease to performance and coolness
--------------------------------
Total increase +105% increase

:)

Bolter
03-31-2004, 07:53 AM
I have 4.01 in my X.

Does that make me coolerer?

(Sweeeet sweet sweet gun Z-man. Your marker has been my desktop background for months now, and now I have an update!)

phantomhitman
03-31-2004, 09:16 AM
i have told you so many times it looks great. i am still waiting on my parts and you have a little minimag twin of your color.

Bulldog
03-31-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by USAF-Flyboy with a Mag

Sounds like fuzzy logic to me hahah I think Bulldog would agree with me since he's a fellow xmaggin 4.0 totting socal assasin. :cool: Most certainly!:)

Jack & Coke
03-31-2004, 12:27 PM
sweet gun!

CaliWagon31
03-31-2004, 03:59 PM
looks great, but what i think we need is a video of you ripping on that new firebade with the 4.0 madness

Z-man
03-31-2004, 04:01 PM
good idea. I need my tank first.... Ill have it back Sunday at the latest. Then you shall tremble!

TheTramp
03-31-2004, 04:35 PM
The red REALLY stands out! I love it!

I don't know why but the understated dust gray with that shock of red makes for a more dramatic statment than some of the crazy color ano's I've seen.

ICOM
03-31-2004, 04:50 PM
I love it,came out well.

RoadDawg
03-31-2004, 07:43 PM
Looks good. Can't wait til 05. I'm looking into getting a blade for my 4.0 emag as well. Just can't decide between Classic's or the Fireblade. So far I'm leaning to the Classic's after I saw Bulldog's fireblade.

Steelrat
03-31-2004, 08:03 PM
Aw man, you can't make a comment like that and not explain why. What is it about the fireblade you didn't like?

RoadDawg
03-31-2004, 08:07 PM
It looked like it wasn't polished before anno. It had all sorts of machine marks down the side. I want a clean looking trigger. That's why I'm waiting to see with Classic's look like anno'ed black (in person hopefully)

Steelrat
03-31-2004, 08:14 PM
Ah, so it was a looks issue rather than a functionality issue? Mine was raw, and looked perfect. I prefer the true blade feel as opposed to the pseudo-blade, which is why I went fireblade. I dont have a gun to put it on (YET! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA) but right now it reminds me of an eblade trigger, which I like.

RoadDawg
03-31-2004, 08:17 PM
I guess bulldog also had some "issue's" with his. Something about having to adjust the trigger rod which is a "no no" of AGD's. Anyways. It so far was a looks issue and I did notice it had some rather sharp edges. Just not up to my high standards I guess. To each their own though I guess.

Steelrat
03-31-2004, 08:21 PM
Wow, thats really odd. Mine was beautifully finished. Quality control issue maybe? As far as the rod goes, im going to send it back for a fix or introduce it to Mr. Dremel. After a discussion with those who know a lot more about mag funtion than I do, adjusting the trigger rod doesnt seem like such a good idea. More work than expected? Yes, but you can't make an omelete without breaking a few eggs ;)

toolfan62
03-31-2004, 08:24 PM
damn that is a nice lookin gun..i might have to go to the AO day just to check it out:cool:

Steelrat
03-31-2004, 08:26 PM
Just as long as you are not on the receiving end of it. Thats a scary place to be ;) I should have my new (Classified) in by then, with the fireblade on it too.

RoadDawg
03-31-2004, 08:26 PM
True true. I usually play w/o the trigger rod clipped in due to a mechnical bounce issue. It takes away the Manual aspect but I hardly used that anyway. All I can say is first impressions can be a lot and my first impression wasn't as high as I hoped. I do like the looks of the trigger though. I'm yet to see a classic mounted yet.

Steelrat
03-31-2004, 08:34 PM
Yeah, the classic looks like a straight up clone of a tl-63, which in turn is a copy of the intelli blade. Not bad, but I have big meaty fingers, and need a big flat surface to work with. The fireblade is huge and wide, which is perfect for me. Plus, the xmags have a rather restrictive trigger guard, like the eblades, and I therefore use a fingertip method of walking, which requires a very wide trigger.

The best thing about having several neat triggers out there is that you can find one to suit your own style. I just know the standard double is "teh suck" as Z-man would say.

LittlePaintballBoy
03-31-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by gibby
Zack!

Oh dear... Prepare to be smited...:p

Z-man
03-31-2004, 08:39 PM
here here! AGD makes great stuff but someone's mind took a vacation when it was decided to ONLY make 2 finger triggers for the E-Mag line.

Look how bad it was wanted! CoolHand just just sold out his inventory selling a SIMPLE trigger for price of an Egg II loader! Not bashing you CoolHand, I chose (and quite happily chose) to spend that money for this tasty addition and it's everything I wanted.

RRfireblade
03-31-2004, 09:14 PM
[B After a discussion with those who know a lot more about mag funtion than I do, adjusting the trigger rod doesnt seem like such a good idea. [/B]

Just for you Steel. ;)

The last word on 'the rod',

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131383

And that red trigger looks great Zman,there's just something about that red trigger......

Steelrat
03-31-2004, 09:20 PM
LOL, just for me indeed ;) Without going into details, I just feel that the dremel or sending it in for alterations is the best policy for me. But that doesnt detract from my love of the trigger. It'll look great on my Xmag. Oops, did I just let that out? :D

Z-man
03-31-2004, 09:21 PM
Not like it's a big shock to AO ;). How many have you gone through now? It's not even worth trying to keep up on my website ;)

RRfireblade
03-31-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactor
Other than Tom, I had always thought of RobAGD as the last word on 'the rod':

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128907

That was in regard to Mechanical triggers. ;)

And pure nonsence IMO anyway.:p

Z-man
03-31-2004, 09:38 PM
See now I wondered about that. I mean lets say that you have a trigger that is 1 foot further forward from the sear rod. If you have a 1 foot longe sear pin to reach it, that does NOT affect the action of the sear with regard to when it presses the on/off pin...

All that matters is how far the trigger can move the sear. Since that part is controlled largely by the fact that all the triggers have the same pivot point it would seem that in ANY TRIGGER SETUP you would want ~1mm of space between the trigger and the sear when the marker is gassed up.

Mag Master 04
03-31-2004, 09:56 PM
thats dead secksy...

RRfireblade
03-31-2004, 10:03 PM
See now I wondered about that. I mean lets say that you have a trigger that is 1 foot further forward from the sear rod. If you have a 1 foot longe sear pin to reach it, that does NOT affect the action of the sear with regard to when it presses the on/off pin...

All that matters is how far the trigger can move the sear. Since that part is controlled largely by the fact that all the triggers have the same pivot point it would seem that in ANY TRIGGER SETUP you would want ~1mm of space between the trigger and the sear when the marker is gassed up.

That is 'exactly' right and precisely the reason why it's threaded in the first place.So that after final assembly,and all the various tolerances are stacked up,you can ADJUST THE ROD to be 'in spec' with regards to the trigger.

Amazingly simple huh.(or at least to some)

The ONLY arguement against adjusting the rod is if it already 'in spec'. ;)

Z-man
03-31-2004, 10:07 PM
That or I suppose if the trigger could somehow push the sear WAAAAAY back perhaps that would be NG as you start messing with the brass on/off chamber... thing.

judster
03-31-2004, 10:18 PM
that is one of the best looking mags i have ever seen...thats very nice man, very nice...call me stupid but who did the anno on it? and how would one go about getting their gun to them for anno?

RRfireblade
03-31-2004, 10:18 PM
The 'brass on/off chamber thing'(nicely put;)) is ultimatly the final stop,as the pin will flush out in it.After that you aint gonna crush the brass assembly with normal use.:D

Z-man
03-31-2004, 10:23 PM
then there ya go! if the sear stops flush against that if you happen to pull that far the only thing you dont want to do is adjust the rod so that the trigger is putting pressure on it and limiting the sears ability to catch the bolt.

----------------------------

As for the ano... ummm well I don't recall who did the ano but it's a pwerter ano that was dusted rather than polised (afectionatly known as "car primer" by my so-called firneds ;) )

I am sure any ano place worth it's salt can do it. I happen to like PK Selective but there are many others.

NeoMoses
03-31-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactor

...Like RobAGD stated, the trigger rod controls the speed at which things happen in the guns as far as the timing of the On/off pin closing and the sear releasing. The Rod length changes the speed and timing that these happen at.

:confused: uuuummmmm.... one of us is mistaken. The last time I checked, a Mag sear is a simple lever with one pivot point near the center. That pivot point is set by where the sear pin rests in the rail. Ignoring wear, the sear will always pivot in the exact same motion, always releasing the bolt and pressing the on/off pin in the same way, every time. (For argument's sake, let's call this the 'activation point.') That's how fixed pivot levers work. Looking at the mechanics of this mechanism, the only effect the sear rod will have on its operation is changing the position of the release point with respect to the trigger pull. A long trigger rod will cause the release point to be earlier in the trigger pull, whereas a short trigger rod will cause the release point to be later in the trigger pull. Since adjusting the trigger rod does not move the pivot point, it cannot change any speed/timing inside the gun.

Can you provide some information to back up your point?

Z-man
03-31-2004, 11:59 PM
This is my thinking as well. However there is one tiny detail that it sounds like RobAGD believes affects the function of the valve

While the Sear cant really go "too far" back because the brass on/off valve stops it if it pushes the pin flush with the valve. Similarly, the on/off pin is the thing that resets the sear on the bolt so unless you are holding it back, that part is taken care of.

But while all the triggers out there have the same pivot point that location of the back of the trigger where the sear pin hits is not necessaraly the same. It could be a bit further forward or closer.

Obviosly if the trigger sat too close to the back of the grip frame there would not be enough travel to open the on/off valve.

Buthere is the part that I am a bit sketchy on. Since the RT really shoots itself after you crack the trigger a little bit, you never really pull the full length of a trigger pull because the valve goes through it so fast you don't get a chance. So beyond getting it to actuate... what's the problem?

Any minor change in speed from a different angle that a trigger comes in at should hardely affect the valve opening and as long as the pin does not touch the trigger, it has to be resetting 100% seem to me.

Eatem Alive
04-01-2004, 12:17 AM
looks good zak...i think it's time to "guard the president" again. ;)

Steelrat
04-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Zak gets all the love.

ZAust
04-01-2004, 02:18 AM
Zak gets all the love.

i know.. zach wants some too! :( :p :D

NeoMoses
04-01-2004, 07:33 PM
I would like to hear a real explanation as to why the trigger rod should not be adjusted. The explanation provided by RobAGD is incorrect. However, there must be some reason that AGD does not recommend adjusting this rod. My best assumption at the moment is that they do not want stupid people trying to adjust their trigger rods as it would probably cause more warranty returns for them to deal with. Is there another reason?

Originally posted by NeoMoses

:confused: uuuummmmm.... one of us is mistaken. The last time I checked, a Mag sear is a simple lever with one pivot point near the center. That pivot point is set by where the sear pin rests in the rail. Ignoring wear, the sear will always pivot in the exact same motion, always releasing the bolt and pressing the on/off pin in the same way, every time. (For argument's sake, let's call this the 'activation point.') That's how fixed pivot levers work. Looking at the mechanics of this mechanism, the only effect the sear rod will have on its operation is changing the position of the release point with respect to the trigger pull. A long trigger rod will cause the release point to be earlier in the trigger pull, whereas a short trigger rod will cause the release point to be later in the trigger pull. Since adjusting the trigger rod does not move the pivot point, it cannot change any speed/timing inside the gun.

Can you provide some information to back up your point?

RRfireblade
04-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by NeoMoses
I would like to hear a real explanation as to why the trigger rod should not be adjusted. The explanation provided by RobAGD is incorrect. However, there must be some reason that AGD does not recommend adjusting this rod. My best assumption at the moment is that they do not want stupid people trying to adjust their trigger rods as it would probably cause more warranty returns for them to deal with. Is there another reason?

They don't want people adjusting the rod for reasons other than it is out of spec or improper trigger gap and I agree with that.

There are those who have no clue how a Mag functions and think that adjusting the rod will have some effect on trigger pull or weight.That is the primary problem and AGD's concern.