PDA

View Full Version : Help . Do I Need New Rail For Ule?

ClouD
03-31-2004, 01:41 AM
Do i need to get a new rail for my ule body? cus it looks like it doesnt fit and its scratching my body cus of a little thing sticking out i cant budge.

bleachit
03-31-2004, 01:52 AM
you need to remove the piece that is scratching your body to get the ULE to fit properly. from what I have heard, they are a pain to get out. but you do not need a new rail.

kenndogg
03-31-2004, 01:54 AM
did you remove the twistlock assembly before putting the ULE on the rail? just use a mallet to hammer it out.

ClouD
03-31-2004, 02:02 AM
i've been trying that but it wont come out, its a pain in the butt, and i hit my rail on accident twice.. my poor rail and ULE body... :( , at least the scratches are on the bottom... still.. any tips?

ClouD
03-31-2004, 02:18 AM
ARGG... im gonna die..

Tunaman
03-31-2004, 06:12 AM
You need to use a press and press it out...

Gadget
03-31-2004, 09:24 AM
If it won't come out with a hammer, use a vice (vise in US?). I put the bottom of the twistlock against one jaw and put a cloth wrapped bit of wood between the top of the rail and the other jaw to avoid scratches - tighten the vice up and it pushes the twist lock out nicely.

Buff
03-31-2004, 01:28 PM
heat it up
then try again

ClouD
03-31-2004, 06:52 PM
hmm, i dont have a vice (you spelled it right), but DAMN, my rail got all messed up now.. its damaged up pretty bad. i hit it with a hammer a lot and it started to come out, then, it got stuck cus there were all these dents on the bottom of the twist lock metal screw, and it wont budge outa there.... now i need a new rail.. poo... I think the mods should tell everyone that the twist lock thing has to be removed for the ULE body, cus it scratched my ule body
:( not where you can really see it, but it got all metal colored, cus it scraped off the paint, (luckily i had a permanent marker and now you cant see it) AND now i gotta get a new rail... anyone have a rail, and anyone intersted in a damage one.?? lol

Joni
03-31-2004, 07:20 PM
Note: If you want to put this on an Automag/Classic or Minimag, you will need to press the twist lock assembly out of the rail

Taken from the AGD store, quite visible