PDA

View Full Version : RT ULE and the Odyssey Halo ....

Mckevern
03-31-2004, 09:03 AM
Well slap my behind and call me HAPPY!!!

Just moved down the street from AGD HQ and decided to get me a RT .....

Then the following day I got me a Odyssey Halo and found out to my dismay that I cannot get this thing to fit in my RT!!!! The neck of the Halo is a little to wide!!!!

AAAAAAGGGHHH!!!

What are some of the options available to me short of getting a WARP??? Or do I just sand down the neck until it fits into the vertical ule???

Someone please help!!! I've search the Forum here for anything relating to this and have come up empty.

Thanks!!!

Joni
03-31-2004, 09:14 AM
Just sand the feedneck on the halo. You are supposed to sand the halo if the neck is too fat, I even think it says so in the manual.

devingoode
03-31-2004, 09:24 AM
make sure you dont sand too much, in case you do, you can add a layer of electrical tape around the neck to make it a little fatter

Mckevern
03-31-2004, 09:46 AM
Either I'm to tired from my move and can't comprehend two words in a sentence or it didn't say anything in the manual about sanding the hopper down ....

I think I'll chalk this one up to being to tired ... :-)

Joni
03-31-2004, 09:48 AM
My mistake...it might have some other hopper. Anyway, it doesn't damage the halo if you sand it.

Cryer
03-31-2004, 09:51 AM
I think the best bet is to buy a locking feedneck. CCM makes a really high quality one.
http://www.chipleymachine.com/feedneck.htm
Life-time warranty, plus you can get a no-rise.

Buy an Angel-Norise and You'll be set.

Also, Check-it makes a good one. I had one of these and I know for a fact that it fits.
http://www.checkitproducts.com/fla/index.htm

Like I said, get the lowest rise you can with Angel threading.;)

You may need a strap wrench to take the current feedneck out, or you can take it to a proshop.

White_Noise
03-31-2004, 11:36 PM
even with adjustable feednecks, you will need to sand down the halo, i have an angel threaded feed with locking feed neck on my ecocker and needed to sand down my halo, im just hoping if fits onto my ule body when my rt gets here