PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for some e-marker reccomendations for a friend..

rkjunior303
03-31-2004, 11:35 AM
Hey everyone,

Time to enlist AO for some advice.. I have a buddy I work with that is currently playing with a stock Spyder.. He wants to jump into an intermediate marker and was looking to go to an e-marker... He's looking to spend around $300 (not much more).... I reccomended maybe an Omen because I have had great luck with mine . He doesn't have a problem going used so I wanted to get some other suggestions.. This is what I was thinking so far:

Bushy
e-pirannha
maybe an old shocker (4x4, turbo, etc)

Any other suggestions?

soccer4minimags
03-31-2004, 11:40 AM
For that price range go with an e-pirhana. Your not going to get a new bushy for that new, and I wouldn't buy a used shocker either.
The pirhanas are decent. I've messed around with them. I prefer them over all the other blow back electros. Got a nicer feel and they are not long (hard to explain, the grip frame is more forward like a mag or a cocker).
They are decent quality for the money. Plenty fast for someone just starting. Just make sure he has a motorized hopper. I've out shot revys with them.
Right now I think you can get the new e-force ext pro's for like $230. They have one coming out with an eye for 250 on paintballgear, but I don't think they will ever get them in stock.

soccer4minimags
03-31-2004, 11:41 AM
Must he go "e". You know he could buy a tko mag and slowly build off of that. Good platform to start with.

rkjunior303
03-31-2004, 11:46 AM
well i reccomended going to a mag but he insisted he wanted to stick on the e.. SOOO, that's what he gets.. Yeah, all in all, I think the e-fishy is his best bet. PMI/Evil has great customer service and the quality is there. He can get aused Omen on ebay for around $300 so I may try to get him to do that since he like shooting mine but if not, I'll have him go for the e-fishy.

fire1811
03-31-2004, 12:29 PM
in my opinion the omen is that well built

if he has a spyder now why not get a espyder that way some of his spare parts can still be used.

rkjunior303
03-31-2004, 12:57 PM
well, that is also another option..

Did you mean to ask, IS the omen well built? From what I've gathered from it - yes. And, if there was a problem -- Broken carrier, etc, Evil's tech support is phenomenal. 99% of the time, they send the part out Free.

Buff
03-31-2004, 01:05 PM
definitly get an e-piranha. I have owned a ton of piranha's, and they are way better then spyders:D And I'm not a fanboy, I have owned several of each brand, the piranhas are just better.

Go to firstcallpaintball.com,
they sell the 2k3 EXT Pro for $185. The 2k4's are like $230, and dont have any extras thats I know of except different ano. He can get the 2k4 evo which has an eye in the chamber for $250 at actionvillage.

they're all good:D
dont get a spyder. They are "made in Taiwan/china" quality, and the piranhas are made in the USA:cool:

Buff

funkykarl
03-31-2004, 01:12 PM
I'd go used shocker before an e-pirhana anyday. Old school shockers are great solid markers. So yeah, they're big ugly shoeboxes, but I've always loved the feel of one in my hands. I guess they always just felt 'right' for me. Getting a b2k off of ebay for 250 would be a safe bet too.

robdamanii
03-31-2004, 01:19 PM
Our shop just got in the newest Piranha, the EVO pro.

PMI is doing something right...break beam eyes, 15 BPS cap, fairly decent barrel, regulator, medium sized drop, LCD screen, game timer.

Very nice, for right at about 289 bucks.

rkjunior303
03-31-2004, 01:38 PM
well, from what I saw, Shockers on ebay could be had for around $200 used, for a 2000 shocker... not bad for getting into the electro game.. As for the Piranha.. I found blemished 03 E-forces for $130 new.. Add in the PDPaintball upgraded frame, and you get 20bps and ACE for $90 more.. not bad.. $220 for a 20bps ACE'd marker.. I'll see what he decides!

Buff
03-31-2004, 01:42 PM
Add in the PDPaintball upgraded frame, and you get 20bps and ACE for $90 more.. not bad.. $220 for a 20bps ACE'd marker.. I'll see what he decides!

thats what I did, I bought a ProTS, got an eforce 2k2 frame, and had the eye installed. I was actually able to outshoot my egg on semi. The piranha's also have very little blowback. With a spyder flash, put 3 paintballs in the feedtube and fired on shot, and the other 2 balls flew out the top. I did the same with my piranha, they jumped, but not high enough:D

soccer4minimags
03-31-2004, 01:52 PM
Old shockers have 2 solenoids to worry about. Being that it is a discontinued marker I'd worry about the availibility of replacement parts like boards, solenoids, etc.

Just not a good investment if you ask me.

As for the spyder, I'd go pirhana if you can. You can still use his barrels, but you won't have the issues of the spyders. Like screwy metric thread sizes, and those off-set holes that you have to buy adapters or different asa's and drops for.

I've owned e-spyders and shot may others. Let me tell you this, any pmi e-frame (even the older model) blows any kingman frame out of the water. My spyder frame even had one of those aftermarket stick triggers and it still dosen't feel as nice as the stock pmi frames.

No sKiLLz
03-31-2004, 02:06 PM
2004 BKO $294.95

http://www.actionvillage.com/paintball-guns-indian-creek-designs-paintball-guns-bko-2004-paintball-guns.html

Bulldog
03-31-2004, 02:20 PM
^^^ Great guns, good starter electro.

rkjunior303
03-31-2004, 02:30 PM
Yeah..

he's either going to go for a 2k3 G3, a bko, or an omen.

Koosh
03-31-2004, 02:47 PM
The Dragon TES would be a good choice too... they definately ain't bad as blowbacks go...

kauai_paintball
03-31-2004, 03:09 PM
for 300$ i would definately buy a raven nexion. www.ravenusa.com

kauai_paintball
03-31-2004, 03:34 PM
or... wait either get him a raven nexion (i love those things) or a mag! a minimag or a micromag, or a used rt custom. thats worth every penny. :D

PRPB
03-31-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz
2004 BKO $294.95

http://www.actionvillage.com/paintball-guns-indian-creek-designs-paintball-guns-bko-2004-paintball-guns.html

Yeah I also say go for the BKO. Very nice marker for the price.

personman
03-31-2004, 04:38 PM
I would say either a BKO, used bushmaster 2000, or a Dragun TES. :)

can'tthink of1
03-31-2004, 04:47 PM
What does he have now btw?

Most blowbacks will perform the same. No pmi is not better than Kingman. Its all prefrence, neither will perform better than the other. Spyders can have bad tolerences, and so can fishies, I've seen blowback, and other misc problems on both. But they both are fine markers. Now there will be new boards and such out for spyders soon, cheaper than the PDP, and will offer basically no cap (99bps) and ACE. These will be about 70-80 and will be awesome IMO.

Personally the 03 E-force sounds like a good deal too.Like you said, he is getting quite a marker for $220, and that is what I would do probly. But what is speed and eyes if you need a good reg for consistancy. ;)

GT
03-31-2004, 05:04 PM
is he using compressed air?

If not the only gun I have used to be worth its oats on co2 has been a shocker. Shoeboxes are great guns as long as the previous owner never played or kept it in prestine condition. I had an old eclipse, #83, no matter what kind of paint it shot, it would run triples or within +/- 2 over the chrono. they do need alittle special care.

If he can find a good deal or alittle more jack, say 50-75 bucks, he can easly get an Angel LED. watch Ebay and pbn as there are angel's that go for low 300's. Infact I got an impact LCD not to long ago from the high 300's.

There are a ton of really great used electro's out there for 4-500 bucks. Remeber that alot of paintballers dont play that often and spend massive $$$ on guns they rarly use only to sell them a year later at a fraction of the cost.

Also, tell you bud not to get cought in the price and that its an electro there are a number of E guns built with sub standard regs or other parts, that, after upgrading will end up costing more than a gun that costs in the 5-600's.

team_firestarters_gabe
03-31-2004, 05:24 PM
well i have an old 4x4 s/f shocker for 275....i set the trigger last night i really like the only reason i'm selling it is that i m anti-smartparts and that i need the money to buy an emag....my email is dmccord@midwest.net

tyrion2323
03-31-2004, 06:18 PM
Well, I was afraid that I would get jumped, but now that someone said it:

the Dragun TES is, for the price, amazing. Contact me, I'm sponsored by them.

Also, I personally shoot an Omen for my main...wonderful marker as well!

Jacob

Buff
03-31-2004, 06:25 PM
Most blowbacks will perform the same. No pmi is not better than Kingman.

lol that is just not true.
I sorta run a private field, and we used to have 45 spyders. well, we got sick of them and now use Piranha's. There is a reason why. PMI also has incredible tech support. I bought a used piranha a while back of off ebay. When i got it the reg didn't work properly. I emailed pmi about it and they sent me a brand new reg for free.

bottom line is the current piranhas rock for blowbacks. Also, about having blowback air up the feedtube, PMI rebuilt the bolt for the electro version, which has very little blowback and increased consistency.

The tes also sounds good, except the 2k4 EVO is $250, and made in the USA!!!!!!!

rkjunior303
03-31-2004, 07:08 PM
PMI also has incredible tech support. I bought a used piranha a while back of off ebay. When i got it the reg didn't work properly. I emailed pmi about it and they sent me a brand new reg for free.

exactly.. the tech support i get on my omen rivals AGD.

can'tthink of1
03-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Buff

lol that is just not true.
I sorta run a private field, and we used to have 45 spyders. well, we got sick of them and now use Piranha's. There is a reason why. PMI also has incredible tech support. I bought a used piranha a while back of off ebay. When i got it the reg didn't work properly. I emailed pmi about it and they sent me a brand new reg for free.

bottom line is the current piranhas rock for blowbacks. Also, about having blowback air up the feedtube, PMI rebuilt the bolt for the electro version, which has very little blowback and increased consistency.

The tes also sounds good, except the 2k4 EVO is $250, and made in the USA!!!!!!!

What spyder was it? The fishies may be a bit more accurate and this is only due to the fact that they have a reg on it, at any rate there isn't really a performance difference, but I think that spyders are ment to be upgraded, and I think that using them for feild markers is kinda dumb imo, since they do suck stock. Now fishies have a bit better stock parts, but they also will get replaced if you want to get performance out of your marker.

Blowback can not be removed or decreased as you said, and I think that it is an common problem for those who do not take care of their marker, that blowback happens, in no way did I say it was the fishies fault for the blowback. Also y was it only for the electric versions of the fish, do they not care about blowback with mechs?
Also the bolt has no effect consistancy...

Also I do not like TES's. Their claim to fame was the eye, and so far the ones that I tested and messed with, the eyes were useless.

Now I heard from someone who got to try an evo, an angel owner, and said that they rip like a timmy, so I think that the EVO would be a good choice.

can'tthink of1
03-31-2004, 07:10 PM
Oh yeah, I agree with the whole great tech support from PMI, I like them too, I just think that spyders = fishies in performance, but stock, yes the fish s better.

Buff
04-01-2004, 11:39 AM
i am not sure about spyders=fishies......
the internals are teflon coated for fishies.... spyders are bare aluminum for the bolt and hammer, and ano for the inside of the body....

about the bolt helping consistency.... it does...
I have a handheld chrono, with the old blue bolt I got 280, + or - 8fps. With the red bolt I got 285 + or - 5fps. Thats with competitive edge cheap paint on my 12" ceramic at ~ 260PSI. thats also on anti-siphon Co2 with a palmer stab.

also, the newer mechanicals are getting the new internals also. They just changed the bold design for the eforce. The red bolt also has less blowback compared to the old ones. I think it is because the changed the size/length, etc of the input hole on the bottom.

anyways, spyders can be very good also, but $300 for a fenix with an inferior trig, and no eye, or a evo for $250 with a faster trig and an eye......... I say PMI:D

No sKiLLz
04-01-2004, 01:29 PM
You can only do so much to make a blow back shoot better. BKO upgrades are almost limitless. Plus the barrel threads are autococker, so you have the widest selection of barrel options and availability.

No sKiLLz
04-01-2004, 01:59 PM
Maybe this helps.

http://www.radicalhabits.com/video/chaos2k4v1.wmv