PDA

View Full Version : Check it unimount question...

madmatt151
03-31-2004, 11:53 AM
Hey to all those who use them, do they really bleed the air out of the line? I've seen some sites that say they do and others that say they dont. I currently have the Dead on paintball CA adpater on my Mag because it DOES bleed the extra air from the RT and Level 10 really well. But the mounting options are limited because of its non traditional mount. Any answers would be nice.

wyn1370
03-31-2004, 11:59 AM
yes it does bleed the air

fire1811
03-31-2004, 12:23 PM
yes it bleeds air

as i turn my mag off i shoot once and then turn the valve the rest of the way off and it completely bleeds my mag of air. its very handy

actually it probably the best on/off i have ever used.

my only complaint is that when mounting it make sure you have it where you want it cause it is held in the cradle by 4 set screws. once you tighten them down it will mess the annodizing up where there screws are at. so test different position before you tighten them

Woogie12
03-31-2004, 12:43 PM
That's not the big problem. The big problem is the screws coming loose. I have a uni and the screws that go into the grip keep coming loose. My friend got a new unimount with a slightly different design, I guess they changed it, but it comes with a bit of blue loctite on the screws.

Jack & Coke
03-31-2004, 12:54 PM
I have 4 uni-mounts.

yes the uni-mount bleeds of the air... this is great of LvL10 mags (very large residual line pressure after turning off the air source)

The new uni-mounts also have greater air flow than the original ones. The pin that pushes and opens the tank on/off pin, is now tapered and allows for more air to pass through. Does this help? Who knows...:rolleyes:

This is almost the perfect mount... the big pain in da butt is mounting and remounting from gun to gun. Maybe this wouldn't be such a problem if I didn't have so many guns... ;)

Luckily for me, I havn't had the problem of screws coming loose.

fire1811
03-31-2004, 02:00 PM
i have a newer one and have not had the screw loose problem