PDA

View Full Version : I have to hold trigger down a bit to....

Zyban
03-31-2004, 06:52 PM
hi I am a new mag owner and after I shoot a few cases through it I took it apart, oiled it and looked at the design for the first time. When I gased the gun up for some dry firing I noticed that it leaked unless I gently applied pressure to the trigger...the pin that applies the pressure to the trigger from what I think you call the sear is out farther than it used to be... please tell me if I have put the frame back on the wrong way or if I will have to niga rig it with a spacer of some sort. I guess I should also post that I have a lvl 10 installed and what I belive is a stock AGD frame but with a double trigger. on a side note my friends say I need to turn the velocity down but I dont know what to do... all the guns I have seen have an external allen wrench adjustable screw for velocity... how does it work on this mag? Thanks for helping this newb out and im sure there is a east fix to my leak problem.

Joni
03-31-2004, 07:11 PM
Where does it leak? Down the barrel, from the valve, from the back of the valve?

What does your velocity adjuster look like?

arsonpaintball06
03-31-2004, 11:07 PM
make sure ur on/off pin is all the way in

CaliMagFan
03-31-2004, 11:39 PM
sounds like you did something folly to your powertube (PT) o-ring.... a lot of times you can be too rough with it when taking it out of the PT... esp with the lvl 10 bolt... go into your pt again and check the white o-ring and the black o-ring that are on the carrier. if they have any knicks or irreperable damage (any damage) replace them, then see if that solves it... also.... your may have just broken in the white carrier o-ring from the 2 cases you shot, meaning that you need to keep with that o-ring and go down the next carrier size or 2 so the leak stops... keep us posted on your trials..
-kyro

athomas
04-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Remove a shim or two from your powertube.

The vent hole is exposed allowing a bit of air to escape. When you gently touch the trigger, you are pushing the bolt back a bit so that the hole is no longer exposed and the leak is disappearing. Removing a shim or two will move the carrier o-ring farther forward ahead of the vent hole and will block any leakage.

Remake101
04-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Hey sry to change the subject but what is a shim?

mhot
04-02-2004, 04:31 PM
A shim is a thin metal ring that goes in the PT to adjust the level ten. I have the same problem with my level ten but its not all the time. Sometimes if I shoot it the leak will stop.

Zyban
04-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the help everyone but I showed my gun to another mag owner and he said when i put the gun back together I put the sear in at a bad angle which caused the pressure to slightly open the on/off and it was fixed by having him just unscrew the trigger frame and put it at the right angle and it shoot great. he also showed me how to adjust the velocity which is done by taking off the tournament cap and using an allen wrench to unscrew the back of the valve/reg whatever you call that (doh I shoulda seen that). Thanks to all that posted and im proud to be a part of the mag community!

athomas
04-02-2004, 06:39 PM
You can't adjust the angle of the sear. The sear is not adjustable in any way. It may be that the sear pin was not seated properly.

Tunaman
04-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Make sure the rail bushing is in too...;)