PDA

View Full Version : Smart A** responses for mag haters.

-=PHEAR ITSELF=-
03-31-2004, 07:31 PM
If you have any smart comments for the the misguided sick people who hate mags. *Special request: I need some things to say to persuade my local store that 'mags are not "low tech" and "10 years out of date"

Head knight of Ni
03-31-2004, 07:36 PM
Show him Nicad's hAir trigger video.:D

Joni
03-31-2004, 07:37 PM
Well here is something.

Tested at 26+ bps without shootdown
Just as consistant as any other high end marker
VERY effective antichop system
Lightweight and low profile
Practically no kick

OysterBoy
03-31-2004, 07:38 PM
woah, remember mag haters are of lower intelligence (lol), so make something simple...

like...

shockers are for flockers ;)

-=Squid=-
03-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Just explain that they WERE 10 years out of date... until the last couple of years ;)

Explain that EVERYTHING is aluminum now, and good looking to boot. Show him what the Xvalve can do. Explain its cycling rates, etc. Show him the I frame, and how nice of a feel it has compared to many other frames. Show him all of the aftermarket bodies and upgrades cropping up, and most importantly, show him how AWESOME the lvl10 is... Well, dont forget to tell him how cheap it all is now, too ;)

Just remember... mags are great guns, and can keep up with anything... so who cares what ONE ignorant person has to say about it?

Lohman446
03-31-2004, 08:23 PM
I don't buy hype...

My answer to those who whine about my mag... that and the string of balls coming there way next game, even if they are on my team. "Yeh, I'll play back this game"

WARPED1
03-31-2004, 08:29 PM
"If mags are for losers, why do I keep winning?"

Havoc_online
03-31-2004, 08:40 PM
Tell him AGD is 10 years outta date because everyone else is 12 years behind :)

yeahthatsme
03-31-2004, 10:00 PM
circumventing the cuss filter(using stars instead of saying the word and letting it get filtered) is against the rules, bad idea :D

besides that, the best way to deal with haters is to show them up! its always fun to go ask a cocker owner thats sitting with their gun in pieces trying to make it work if they wanna borrow your back-up gun :D

Polish
03-31-2004, 10:14 PM
Dont tell him anything... just kick his *** in a game.

RtDaNiMaL
04-01-2004, 12:06 AM
ya... show him how easy u can field strip an RT Pro

Enemy
04-01-2004, 02:17 AM
just smile and laugh!!!!then ask him if he can explain how a cocker works cuz you can explain how a mag works.. yeah they are ten years old and there hasnt been a major design change since the rt valve hmm could it mean it actually works?????

also remind him of how unlike angels every new component for a mag is made with the ability and purpose to be installed on the old component so you dont need to buy a new gun to get the latest!!! that ought to burst his bubble.

Torbo
04-01-2004, 09:53 AM
who cares? if he doesnt like your gun, is that your problem? is it worth wasting time argueing about?

RT77
04-01-2004, 11:19 AM
If you have the level 10 let them all finger F your feedtube....people love that.

Ter-Me-Nate
04-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Just say "Im Rick James ....." i can shoot whatever i want. muhahahaha

GT
04-01-2004, 07:11 PM
not sure where you guys get the hate from. I had all the refs at my local going freaking nutz over my new mech mag!

o'well

Cryer
04-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
not sure where you guys get the hate from. I had all the refs at my local going freaking nutz over my new mech mag!

o'well
I was at tanks recently and the refs there couldnt keep their hands off my Emag.

Whenever I went out with my mech mag, people would gawk at it. Then I'd shoot it. Then they'd want to shoot it. Then they'd want to trade their impulse or matrix for it.

And yeah, the finger in the breach trick gets em all the time;)

paint magnet
04-01-2004, 08:02 PM
A very opportune time to explain to someone how a mag works and why it hasn't been changed in forever is while their broken gun is in pieces on the table, in an effort to get it fixed before the next game :)

If you think about it (assuming you have an older mag), why would anyone want aluminum when they could have machined Stainless Steel? It's a much better material and the difference in weight is not much at all, since you use less material to achieve the same result.

Why would anyone not want a gun that field strips in seconds yet rarely needs to be?

The instruction manual tells you to swish it around in a bucket of water to clean it. It can even be shot under water. Try doing that with any other gun.