PDA

View Full Version : powdercoat vs anno

zacbot
03-31-2004, 10:24 PM
whats the difference..my field offers powder coating..i just wanna know the difference..it does look sweet..but whats the difference

ezrunner
03-31-2004, 10:30 PM
anno is a chemical process that is part of the metal surface

powdercoating is a sprayed on and baked finish that is less durable but very cool.

-rob

Nick O time
03-31-2004, 10:31 PM
basically what EZ said
i personally think anno looks better though.

Richter
03-31-2004, 10:43 PM
from my understanding powder coating is very durable. My father powdercoated his intake manifold for his 37 ford street rod. He tried "keying" a spot for a ground wire and it was very hard to scratch any of it off! anodizing is not as durable as powder coating but powder coating is thick stuff and can throw tolerances off.

Head knight of Ni
03-31-2004, 10:44 PM
Powdercoat looks great but throws off tolerences on almost anything. Anno is great for any housing or moving parts. I'd go with anno anytime.

zacbot
03-31-2004, 10:45 PM
which is generally cheaper?..just for my information..im just wondering..to me the looks arent the most important part of my gun..and on my mag..i wouldnt have much to powder coat..maybe the body and the rail or something..can you powder coat a barrel..that would be cool

felony
03-31-2004, 11:33 PM
powdercoating is generally cheaper.

it does throw off tolerences though. I believe when someone like redrider powdercoats, he knows what he is doing and only does parts that wont mess things up.

look in the dealers forums if you are interested.

dan