Pacman
04-01-2004, 10:13 AM
What is your Paint preferance?

Dayspring
04-01-2004, 10:54 AM
So Pac, is it too early to start with the smack talk? :D

edweird
04-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Pac has always said that the game actually starts when you leave for it...

this however does not apply to the pregame smacktalk imho.

Heck im willing to say we got like a 3-4 month window on that one.

Oh and to make this post constructive... Anything but that damn Tork paint we shot a month ago at a MPP game. This is MXS I expect better :P

kevdupuis
04-01-2004, 12:18 PM
I didn't vote because I find either Severe, PMI, or Draxxus quite acceptable. No 32* stuff, don't like it at all.

Tyger
04-01-2004, 03:36 PM
I hit up "other", becasue IMHO I don't care abotu the BRAND, as long as it shoots well. I liked the Severe we had for SPPLAT 2, it shot well and I could track it in flight.

But if it's round, and feeds into the e-mag, I'll be happy. Bonus if it's not too expensive either.

-Tyger

AGDlover
04-01-2004, 05:35 PM
PMI or DXS

matmc89
04-01-2004, 09:25 PM
evil without a doubt

MidnightRider
04-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Marbs is the current fav. But my all time fav was GatorBlack put out by RPS. I loved the fact that eveybody else hated it becaause they couldn't see it coming at them in its all black shell. That and my "super quiet sniper mag" caused people to complain that they could never find me.:D

Peace

MR

spazzed
04-02-2004, 09:18 PM
If I had my choice, Marbs or Nelson Anarchy (my all-time favorite paint) :)

Oh, as if it even needs to be said, ANYTHING but BE sheisse

angelbeast24
04-02-2004, 09:37 PM
how is pmi paint in the lead everytime i shoot that stuff it sucks

Glickman
04-03-2004, 10:03 PM
the best paint is definitly draxxus. Just look at most tournies, draxxus. you get name reconition, and quality.

AutomagRT1483
04-04-2004, 01:20 AM
Severe definately. I have almost a case left and its still in perfect condition. :D

Fred
04-07-2004, 01:16 PM
My preference is FRESH AND ROUND!

Only request is not too much with white fill... white fill is gross...

brands? i could care less...

---Fred

abunkerer
04-07-2004, 01:56 PM
I too hate white fill, I also hate black balls. hehe that sounds funny...but seriously, some eyes sometimes can't pick up the dark shells. like the ones on my egg

Meph
04-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Since this poll is here, I'm taking a wild guess that it will only be one paint manufacturer showing up? I'm probably missing something but I don't think I'd have any problem if more than 1 vendor trailer showed up. To let people have their choice in paint.

I'm a PMI person myself, if I ever have the choice I always go Advantage Shell (namely Evil, or Marbs... depending on marker being used). But that's when I need that 1 shot to absolutely count for the game to be won.

But in Scenario that doesn't really happen much at all. Except certain missions. I've used Blaze, Bigball, Severe Hurricane, all no problem if it's round and of size. Meaning not .680bore and not .700bore but at least somewhere in between!

However if only 1 paint manufacturer is allowed at the event please no Zap or 32degrees. And which ever is chosen I think a multipule amount of paint would be great for everybody. Say it was Draxxus. Have Hellfire for whoever wants it, the people that need it. And Blaze for people that don't want to spend an extra 30 bucks, or can't use that brittle of paint.

And what ever it is, again mentioning it. Fresh paint, and Round paint!

Glickman
04-07-2004, 06:20 PM
I think the best way to go is Draxxus and PMI. It seems every person likes one or the other, and both of them are really good imo. Also draxxus is very into big games, such as last year, when we got fresh paint from the van :) happy cowthief!

No sKiLLz
04-08-2004, 04:59 PM
I think we should stay away from PMI and Severe. Both run half black shelled colors which can mess with IR eyes and burn Halo motors.

Zap or Draxxus should keep things running smoothly. I like Draxxus better because it tends to be more brittle, so I suppose since a majority is shooting Mags, Zap would be better.

BrewCrew17
04-09-2004, 10:25 AM
I have yet to shoot a Severe ball that has haf black shell. Most of the time I use Cyclone or Tempest, but even the Hurricane has always been a decent ball. Never having a black side. I feel pmi has gone down hill in the past few years. It's sure isn't the same stuff we have been accustom to getting in the past. We have gotten in Marbs the absutely broke when drop from knee high. Thats to brittle for me. I prefer Severe over most brands, but as a promoter why not have two brands of paint on hand? Give players a choice. A choice is always better than saying this is it nothing else. I'm sure its hard to get a paint supporter that will go along with that, but if they sell good stff they should have a problem with alittle competition.

SEVERE if possible.

DISLIKE:
32 Degrees
ZAP

No sKiLLz
04-09-2004, 02:43 PM
How can you not like Zap? Have you ever shot Chronic?

ffs1942
04-09-2004, 03:10 PM
I was at SA1 and met Mother at last year's game at DZ. I also swap emails occasionally. You seem too busy to catch, but I'll make an effort to hunt you down and intro myself. I was the PGP artist, but my A5 is my primary aerochromatic weapon.

Dunno, about all I know is PMI, since that's what IA fields push. Marbs were great. Seen some real inconsistancies with BigBall, Premmies and Polars. Our Tourney guys say PMI paint sucks. The JT Max at SA1 was mediocre accuracywise, but I had only my stock barrel, so a different barrel may have helped.

My new Armson Stealth on my A5 likes small paint. My PGP likes big paint. Hopefully, I'll have a largebore Armson Pro at Shatnerball3 and of cse, I always have my gaping stock Tipmann barrel.

Maybe have some dirtcheap stuff, like the flying snowmen at SA1, then a better and best brand.

Draxxus might be a bad choice. Some devout Christians, like in the CPPA, display hypersensitivity to Draxxus marketing and boycott fields and events with Draxxus. I don't think Draxxus paint is worth alienating a large and decent group of people.

Brian Wheater, Des Moines

DiRTyBuNNy
04-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz
How can you not like Zap? Have you ever shot Chronic?

Hey man...it's all about the Ultra Chronic (now known as Chronic 4:20)...talk about toothpaste..

No sKiLLz
04-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy

Hey man...it's all about the Ultra Chronic (now known as Chronic 4:20)...talk about toothpaste..

Had the pleasure of being shot with it two weeks ago. Wipe Ultra Chronic? Fuggetaboutit.

Rather
04-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Anything fresh and doesn't taste like poo (recently taken up a habit of poping paint in my mouth at events/parties/school). :D :p :rolleyes: :cool: :o

Glickman
04-11-2004, 08:23 AM
heh great conversation piece eh?

just slip in one or 2 evil balls into someones mouth and itll be hilarious ;)

Taking Stupidity to a all new level

Rather
04-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Yes indeed, Glickman. :D

I even get funny looks from people at the field when I do it. And usually I inspire one person to try...they end up gagging for air. :)

SO far I've been able to keep the fill in my mouth, but not the shell. It's just too textured and lumpy to try and swallow. :(

1stdeadeye
04-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Draxxus.

Never had a bad case yet of their stuff.

pjammaman
04-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Draxxus never had a problem with it. any marker can use it, even my old raptor (the paint-blender)

Timmee
04-21-2004, 08:58 AM
I have to say that I loved the yellow shelled Severe that was at the event last year. Very easy for me to track in the air, shot great, and the only time I broke any in my barrel is then I accidentally bumped the trigger on my BM2K while the barrel bag was on.

Snowball
04-21-2004, 04:40 PM
i use draxxus midnights with my boomstick and they shoot awesome..always straight and almost always break on opponants....

AGDlover
04-25-2004, 12:42 PM
evil without a doubt
evil bounces way too easy

*NRG*MIKE
04-26-2004, 06:10 PM
OK, OK... Glickmans Boys (That would be the Original Cattle Rustlers* Rogue Element *) Don't care for the PMI but dig the RPS, especialy the ALL*STARS or SLAM balls... The EVIL :mad: did not work well in my A-5 Flatline, but have been know to work for others... Our Flatlines love the Slam balls and Really Love the ALL*STARS... I have not been in an event YET that uses either one :( ... On the other hand, My J&J Ceramic loves just about anything... Small bore... Large Bore... makes no difference to the J&J... But We have had great success with the ANARCHY Balls... Would love to play an event with them too...When it is all said and done though, anything round and fresh (Excluding 32* :eek: [they really sucked at the worlds biggest big game at skirmish 2002])
Hey Pac-Man! Erik (Mary) says tell Mother and you thanks for the sheep! He still has that and the Ghillie hat he wore at last years event when we , along with THAD aka Weltman,and our Medic Glickman, took out The BAD Guys Base (Including Glenn Palmer) and he stuffed 6 of those sheeps in his pants...lol... I still remember you calling him a little freak, but hey, That was a big part of the WIN!... so... blah, blah, blah... I like ALL*STARS.... :cool: Hope to see ya all there this year...

00Buckshot
05-16-2004, 10:14 PM
PMI or Draxxus definitely. The Draxxus was sweet last year. The first Shatnerball, well, the paint basically sucked.

I actually like the PMI/RPS All Stars too. Nice shell. I've never had problem with them.

Silverback
05-16-2004, 11:28 PM
evil bounces way too easy

:eek: EVIL... EVIL paintball, that will break if it thinks it brushed something, but knows not to break in my "pre-lvl10" Mag. THAT EVIL?

Or maybe you confused it with Mid-EVIL, which is good, but will bounce every third blue moon.

The only paint that comes close to being as brittle as EVIL, is HELLFIRE. It's sweet but I like the EVIL better, it seems a hair and a half more accurate through my Mags.

:D :cool: :) :)

OH YEAH... RPS or Draxxus ;)

flyinasian016
06-01-2004, 07:16 PM
I hate PMI paint, its so bad. I shot a case of it one time and none of it was shooting straight, it was all lumpy and greasy and sick. I shot a bag of my friends midnight and it was shooting true. Diablo/Draxxus way to go!

MadChild
06-06-2004, 05:25 PM
go with Evil paint

TDonovan
06-11-2004, 10:05 PM
All Stars! They're a decent price and are just about perfectly round.