PDA

View Full Version : My digital pics of my guns look like crap

TheTramp
04-01-2004, 12:16 PM
All the pictures I take of my stuff turn out really poorly and I absolutely can't do close-ups.

I know how to fix one of the problems. Get something better than my digital elf camera.

Now, what should I get?

I don't need anything fancy, just something that will take relatively close pictures at pretty good quality and won't break the bank..

Of course, I don't have a lot of $ so those are the only two things that are important.

Any suggestions?

Snertz
04-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Which Digi Elph do you have? I have the S100, and it takes awsome pictures, provided it's setup correctly. The easiest way to do this it to use the camera in manual mode, with daylight setting. Hit the button that makes the little flower icon appear. That's the camera's setting for smaller objects or closeups. Also make sure you're getting the picture in the largest resolution. I have mine on the 1600 * 1200 setting, SL ,and it's working great.. Also it depends on your lighting a lot, and whether you use the flash or not.

If you use the flash, the shutter speed is much higher, since it doesn't have to compensate for the lower light levels. This means that even if you have shakey hands, the camera won't show much of it as blur. If you get glare, try messing with the different flash settings, or simply putting you finger over the flash. This would usually result in the ideal amount of lighting and a fast enough shutter speed.

TheTramp
04-01-2004, 12:51 PM
So the elf will take close ups!!!! That's a relief. I'll try it tonight.

Snertz
04-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Yup, just get it lighted correctly, and it'll take awsome pics! :D

TheTramp
04-01-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the S100. I'm sure it's not the new S400 or what ever.

I sounds like I've got a lot of work to do tonight messing around with the settings and what have you. I normaly turn it on, point, and shoot.

Thanks again for the help.

personman
04-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Get a tripod so the pics arent blurry, and use natural lighting. Pictures always look amazing on a sunny day. I try to avoid the flash as much as possible.. it seems to bring out any scratches or marks you may have on the gun.

AcemanPB
04-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Yeah natural light is really important. Pictures of paintball guns look a million times better taken outside on a sunnyday.