PDA

View Full Version : Sup 7 / PSP "Anti-cheater" Boards

Tyger
04-01-2004, 01:56 PM
It's official, the paintball world has gone mad.

I found this out a week ago, I ran into an employee at "Gauner Electronic Solutions" at an indoor field a while ago who told me to enjoy my E-Mag "While you can." When I asked him what he was talking about, he told me some of the details. I waited 'till I got my E-mag back before I said anything, because I wanted to see how it worked. But it SUCKS, so I'm exposing the plans.

In an effort to curb the "Cheater board" phenomenon both the PSP and Super 7 are going to require players to use "official" boards in all electronic guns. "GES" boards will be mandatory as of May 1. If your gun doesn't have one, you can't play. Period.

You gotta send your gun to the event site at least 72 hours BEFORE the tournament so they can swap boards. If you mess with the board, you're thrown out of the event and your team play a man down. On the good side, they won't be charging the players for the new hardware. But if you have a WAS or whatever board in there already, you surrender your board when you send it in.

That all sounds good, except that the ROF is locked at 8 BPS for some BS "Insurance" reason. If you wipe, play on, or cheat, they unlock your board and turn your ROF DOWN for the tournament. I also heard a rumor that some of the more "Tournament" styled fields will require the "Gauner Board" to play walk on! They were gonna spring this on the players a week or two from now, but this made me angry, so screw 'em, I'm leaking it.

I already got one in my E-Mag, they did it for free. I've got it as .wmv AND .mov files on my site. Sorry for the absolute junk video quality, I did it kinda fast to show you all how the new boards perform.

55 second videos, pretty small file sizes. http://www.webdogradio.us/news/104tlboard/ No fools, the videos are really there.

NOT a happy camper here...

-Tyger

(Edited to fix something...)

WARPED1
04-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Damn you Tyger! Good one!

RoadDawg
04-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Man.. that sux. :)

-=Squid=-
04-01-2004, 02:11 PM
I cant actually check out the video here at school... but after reading the replies I was relieved. By the end of your rant, I was on the verge of freaking out. Not good.

edweird
04-01-2004, 02:12 PM
That is tyger for ya... always on top of things.
NiCad's mod 4 teh win!
;)

68magOwner
04-01-2004, 02:14 PM
LMAO!!!! lol, i was about to kill someone for a sec there

Cream Cheese 27
04-01-2004, 02:17 PM
That's when you bust out your ULT Mechanical Mags.

jpm
04-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Thats was pretty good.. Had me going there for a bit. Nice work Tyger!

fire1811
04-01-2004, 02:32 PM
yes i heard this and they also said you cant use a barrel anymore, you must shoot out of the breech

tasker89
04-01-2004, 02:33 PM
A double April Fools from Tyger! Why do I feel that Gauner in German can mean rascal, crook, or trickster?

deathstalker
04-01-2004, 02:38 PM
It means crook. :D

Not bad, Tyger. At least you put more of an effort into than cphillip. I think you should have used 13bps as the cap, as that was an industry-inposed limit for a time. You should have also left out the "send your gun 72 hours in advance" stuff. Too expensive (receiving, labor, storage, insurance, liability, etc.). It was still a little too obvious. :)

Torbo
04-01-2004, 02:39 PM
yeah second april fools from you today, give it a rest.

edweird
04-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by tasker89
Gauner in German can mean rascal, crook, or trickster

I guess that is like how Gardner is becoming synomious with much the same in American-eise Engrish

caravaggio
04-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Dude,

Yellow is NOT your color!:D

Prairie
04-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Why don't you try registering a new name next time so people don't immediately suspect it...

Tyger
04-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Normally, I like to wait 12 hours at least... BUT.... This is far enough down the page that you gotta scroll a bit to get here. Hopefully, I'll still get a few people who knee-jerk on the first post.

My "plan" for this year was to make two jokes. One more "realistic" than the other. So the set-up joke cut a little too close to the bone, I think (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131941), and I didn't expect ANYONE to bite on it. The idea was that everyone would see it, and say "Oh, ok, Tyger's joke is over, we can go on now."

Then wait until noon or so to hit with the "Gauner" Board (And, btw, "Gauner" is German for swindler, crook or trickster, my usual hint. And Naebat' translates from Russian roughly as "one who tricks or cons you") and see if people bite on that. And right now I'm hovering just over 110 hits in less than 2 hours. It'll probably be over the 1000 mark by 10 PM my time, depending if people read this far down before clicking the link.

Hey, last year 3500+ people downloaded the video to get a glimpse of The Firefly (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75165), and I was told that a tournament promoter got a dozen ANGRY phone calls from the first year I did the "Drug Testing" joke. I only get to do this once a year, so I plan these out.

And why do I do it? Once a year I get an excuse to show paintball players how truly gullible we are as a sport. We'll buy hype over substance, and we'll see something and take it as gospel because someone told us it is. So think of it as a yearly "jarring" of the system, and encouragement to think for yourself (Chuff Chuff). Not just take what is crammed down your throat by less-than-reputable companies who want to sell you schlock on short-term profit.

One of these years, I'll do "Paintball on a stick", but people who've never been to the Minnesota State Fair would NEVER get it. Happy April Fools, folks. May yor own gags not leave permanent marks and get your friends to say "YOU SUCK!"

-Tyger
(Who's kinda upset that nobody has told me how much of a bastard I am because of this or the other joke... And what's WRONG with Yellow?)

Chronobreak
04-01-2004, 03:21 PM
tyger i didnt fall for it nor care because im all mech so uhm electros would be screwed and i heard you posted it on aol some kids came in the cahtroom freakin out etc

Prairie
04-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Tyger

-Tyger
(Who's kinda upset that nobody has told me how much of a bastard I am because of this or the other joke... And what's WRONG with Yellow?)

No one believed them :)

I'd wait a few years and if you are still in paintball, try again.

edweird
04-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Tyger(Who's kinda upset that nobody has told me how much of a bastard I am because of this or the other joke) cant read I guess...

Originally posted by edweird

"WTF is this? Oh Tyger you waskley bastid you!"

from the original THREAD (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=131941)

Tyger
04-01-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by edweird
Tyger(Who's kinda upset that nobody has told me how much of a bastard I am because of this or the other joke) cant read I guess...

from the original THREAD (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=131941)
"WTF is this? Oh Tyger you waskley bastid you!"

Ok, ok.... I was being technical...

**ahem**
"MAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! EDWEIRD CALLED ME A BASTID!!!!!"

Ok, I take it back, I've been called a... bastid... Well close enough then. I'll take that as a success and be happy.

-Tyger

Chronobreak
04-01-2004, 03:32 PM
yeah just wanted to add it was nice to see the AO jersey in the video :)

caravaggio
04-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Tyger asks: "... And what's WRONG with Yellow?"

Nothing, per se. It's a perfectly nice, cheerful color. Just not on someone who has obviously spent the winter hiding in a cave.... :eek:

Tyger
04-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by caravaggio
Nothing, per se. It's a perfectly nice, cheerful color. Just not on someone who has obviously spent the winter hiding in a cave.... :eek:
But it's a NICE cave!

Actually, my skin tone ALWAYS looks like that. And I don't have an AO jersey in any other color, but I'm thinking of getting on in OD Green or something... But I'll wait on that for a bit.

-Tyger

yeahthatsme
04-01-2004, 04:36 PM
OMG T3H APR1L F00LZ I WAAS MAD D00DE NOT COOL I T0T4LLY BELIEVED YOU!

Load SM5
04-01-2004, 04:57 PM
8bps is about your max rof anyway, is'nt it Tyger?

Tyger
04-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
8bps is about your max rof anyway, is'nt it Tyger?

7, actually. Except when I'm shoting on a target range, then I can crank it up to 10, 11 if I've had a LOT of caffeene...

-Tyger

caravaggio
04-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Tyger

But it's a NICE cave!

Actually, my skin tone ALWAYS looks like that. And I don't have an AO jersey in any other color, but I'm thinking of getting on in OD Green or something... But I'll wait on that for a bit.

-Tyger

I'd recommend blue or red, myself..... but OD would be *somewhat* better.....

As to caves, well. To each his own. I, personally, would prefer a nice tree. :)

RoboBeaver
04-01-2004, 05:20 PM
dam YOOOS, you so had me going

sneakyhacker420
04-01-2004, 05:34 PM
i cant even make my warp feed go anymore... damnit

lol

good one tyger :p

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-01-2004, 08:20 PM
well...i'm just very curious right now so i wanna see what kinda video or whatever that link leads to...