PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a hopper on my Minimag?

Glock17
04-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Hey! I just got my Minimag in the mail today and when I tried putting on the hopper it didn't fit. What do I need to do? Thanks:confused:

spyder_strypes
04-01-2004, 08:02 PM
You'll need an elbow to put the hopper on.;)

tjmpaintball06
04-02-2004, 08:32 AM
lol, yea an elbow will fix that, if you dont have one i guess you could use some 3/4 pvc and duct tape... but elbows are only 4 bux. If you already have an elbow and you are saying it still doesnt fit, sand your hopper feed neck. That should fix it.:)

RTC_LoKi
04-02-2004, 08:37 AM
^ exactly what he said :)

Glock17
04-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Ok, but I'm already using a elbow. The problem
is that the feed neck on the gun is to small,
so sanding it would be kinda worthless. Do they
coustom made elbows?:)

soccer4minimags
04-02-2004, 09:39 AM
If its the stock one that came in the box its supposed to fit real tight. Just get the one part on the gun and leave it there. Then sand your hopper to fit the other side, that will be easier than trying to sand the elbow.
But like everyone else is saying new adjustable elbows are 3-4 bucks.

deathstalker
04-02-2004, 10:36 AM
What kind of elbow is it? I picked up a VLBow a few years ago and besides having thumbscrews, one side had an insert to fit smaller feed tubes.

soccer4minimags
04-02-2004, 10:43 AM
That funny insert is exclusive to VL elbows. Its for regular guns. See old brass eagle guns, stingrays, tigersharks etc use a larger feed than anyone else for some reason. So you would use the elbow without the insert with their guns. The insert is added for everybody elses guns to shim up that excess space.

Don't loose those spacers. I have not found a substitute for them if you have a VL elbow. you can't shim it up with tape or anything else successfully if you loose that so basically you can thorw that elbow out as well.

I do however prefer teh VL elbows. They sit lower than any other brand I have tried. Maybe like a 1/4" lower. Its not much but I like how it makes your hopper sit.

Glock17
04-02-2004, 06:50 PM
I bought a Vl200 hopper from Walmart and I don't
think its ajustable. I guess I'm buying an ajustable
elbow!:)