PDA

View Full Version : Rifled barrels that actually work!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Why rifled barrels don't work?

Because the amount of paint inside the geletin capsule is too low. The sollution is to completely fill the paintball to the max and introduce a new brand of paint!

MaxBall

This new paintball will work with any rifled barrel and will not fly around like other cheap brands of paint. This new paintball will work best with high bore sizes (.685 - .691) and will leave a very bright mark on your target.

Colors:
Hot Pink, Electric Green, Shocking Yellow, Hard Blue, Snow White, and many more colors!

Maxball will go into production in mid 2005 along with several new products such as:

GukBall - The new paintball that is filled with a mush paint instead of a liquid filled paint to help accuracy.

LagBall - Hollow reusuable paintballs that slow down in midair. Great for practice!

But the best part of all!
April Fools!

i'm gonna get flamed for this one...
SnYpER

Prairie
04-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Wait what?

Shut up.

Cryer
04-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Yeah, you'll get flamed... especially since you posted it 2x:rolleyes:

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-01-2004, 07:50 PM
nah, the forums are lagging and the thread wouldnt submit so it accidently made 3 threads. deleted the other 2

Head knight of Ni
04-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Uh they already make a mush paintball its called Zap Sport.:D

RRfireblade
04-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
nah, the forums are lagging and the thread wouldnt submit so it accidently made 3 threads. deleted the other 2

Why stop with just the first 2? ;)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-01-2004, 07:56 PM
there is a difference between mush and *bleep*

Cryer
04-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

Why stop with just the first 2? ;)

LOL:p

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-01-2004, 08:02 PM
cause i'm special! :)

Brophog
04-01-2004, 08:04 PM
The amount of fill has nothing to do with it. It takes a bit of force exerted on the ball to cause the ball to spin. The force necessary would break the ball.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-01-2004, 08:10 PM
...*scratches head*
i always thought it was because the fill in the paintball kept on splashing around and knocked the ball off course

RRfireblade
04-01-2004, 08:12 PM
...*scratches head*
i always thought it was because the fill in the paintball kept on splashing around and knocked the ball off course

ACTUALLY.......it's cause spinning spherical projectile does nothing for accuracy. ;)

Head knight of Ni
04-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Have you seen Sport after it dries it literally turns into paste.:D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-01-2004, 08:15 PM
sweet! im leaning something from my lame april fools attempt!

Zap Sport turns into a paste when it gets left out in the sun and rifled porting makes paintballs inaccurate because of:
A - speeds are too low
B - Rifled barrels don't do anything to spheres

RRfireblade
04-01-2004, 08:17 PM
sweet! im leaning something from my lame april fools attempt!

Zap Sport turns into a paste when it gets left out in the sun and rifled porting makes paintballs inaccurate because of:
A - speeds are too low
B - Rifled barrels don't do anything to spheres

C - Snyper retains his current title of AO moron for another year. :D

Congrats man,I new you had it in ya. :)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-01-2004, 08:22 PM
thank you thank you

*takes a boe*...or bow...however you spell it

Head knight of Ni
04-01-2004, 08:55 PM
Sport also stains the skin until you wash it with water. Turned my friends arm Orange.:D :D :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-01-2004, 09:21 PM
doesnt that happen with every kind of paint? it hits you and you get color on your skin, then you wash it off with water

Head knight of Ni
04-01-2004, 09:52 PM
well it was a lot darker than normal.:D And he had to scrub his arm but the paper towel didn't work so he had to scrub pretty hard with a towel.:D It also has turned the weld on my classic body slightly orange.

Wes Janson
04-02-2004, 09:20 AM
No, Tork is the worst. I swear, it should be legally called a waxball, not a paintball. The stuff smells like an electrical fire, and turns into waxy-like crap when it dries. I hate the stuff with a passion.

R/\INM/\N
04-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Sport also stains the skin until you wash it with water. Turned my friends arm Orange.

Ya im the friend and that stuff is the pastiest...(if thats even a word) I've ever used. (Never tried Tork though.) But ya i was scrubbing my arm for like 20 min with a towel and it still left a little orange stain (like what a normal paintball would do) and my arm, where I was rubbing, turned red for a while and burned.

Head knight of Ni
04-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Ya im the friend and that stuff is the pastiest...(if thats even a word) I've ever used. (Never tried Tork though.) But ya i was scrubbing my arm for like 20 min with a towel and it still left a little orange stain (like what a normal paintball would do) and my arm, where I was rubbing, turned red for a while and burned.

:D :D :D

ThisIsTheLongestUserName.
04-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Sorry If this sounds like I "think I know it all" but rifled barrels do infact affect spheres - just think about muskets and cannons - those where the first to be rifled and the large increase in accuracy is noted many places. The spheres just need to have a very tight fit to the barrel and be solid.

RRfireblade
04-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by ThisIsTheLongestUserName.
Sorry If this sounds like I "think I know it all" but rifled barrels do infact affect spheres - just think about muskets and cannons - those where the first to be rifled and the large increase in accuracy is noted many places. The spheres just need to have a very tight fit to the barrel and be solid.

Well with out getting into a big explaination,and if I thought for a second this was a serious discussion I would have been more clear.The 'spinning' of a sphere in of itself does not 'create' accuracy,it mearly eliminates the random effects of air resistance during the flight of said sphere, that would otherwise be traveling with an inconstant spin.Basically giving it neutral flight pattern as at travels through the resistance of air,and can be considered an improvement on accuracy.

Then,consider that early muskets,cannons,etc, were commonly fit with very loose fitting projectiles creating a great deal of inconsistancies,not only in the path traveled down the bore but also in the amount of lost gases expelled.This usually being over the top of a heavy projectile sitting it the bottom of the bore which often 'bounced' it randomly through the barrel.Because of this,there were numorous reasons for inaccuracy and inconsistancy in those early designs.

After the addition of rifling,it became neccesary to 'fit' the projectiles with greater precision to the bore,sometimes by mechanical means that actually engaged the barrel,which not only added nuetralizing spin(as opposed to stabilizing),but simply offered far less variance in the entire firing process and allowed for a more consistant shot pattern.

Unfortunatley,the light weight(for it's size),inconsistant shape and over all irregularity of a paintball due to it's construction,simply does not allow for the advantages of spin to be effective in a positive way.

But I simply didn't feel like typing that much. ;)

Jay.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-02-2004, 09:54 PM
fireblade, did you post a thread with all of this information yet?

cause i'm actually learning here!