PDA

View Full Version : Been out of the loop for a while... need a recap.

darklord
04-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Yeah, I've been out of the sport since August, and lately I really want to play! I sold all my stuff, though. What I want to know is... any big developments in the industry that I've missed? I will probably start research this summer to see if I can pick up a new rig, I've considered the following options:

-Matrix (my last marker) with ACE and essential mods
-Angel (never owned one) of some sort
-Mag (deadlywind trigger caught my eye, I've owned one before)

Right now I probably won't have too much to invest in my marker, nor time to play that frequently. This summer I'm going to be working, but I wanted to save for an HDTV and a few other things. If I happen to have extra $ for paintball, I'm all for it.

So, I know that Matrix 3rd party companies are/were being harassed by DYE, because of the acquisition rights and all... but are the upgrades still as good as they were before? Still easily available? I loved my matrix, so I'd like to get one again if possible. If not, I'm sure I can afford a stock angel speed, a barrel kit, and a loader, rather easily. Either that or I can get a mag again. I definitely preferred the matrix out of both of them though. I've never shot a speed. So, opinions? Any interesting happenings in the industry?

yeahthatsme
04-02-2004, 12:05 AM
nothing came of dyes harrassments really, i believe evolve made a deal with them but thats all.

i would suggest any of those 3, all great guns. if your going angel definately get one of the ACE models(fly, joy division, mamba, and mastertech a4's come with ACE stock,cheapest is 1350) or get an non-ACE model and have it HK'd, predator'd, or have warped sportz LA put a WAS board in it. all 3 of those are ACE mods including a new board. HK has some extras along with it, but is hard to have done and is costly. predator mod is a special board just for angels from theangelguy.com and is 350.

Skoad
04-02-2004, 12:07 AM
From what i've heard you can get a dye 2k3 matrix, which is the cheapest trix with eyes for $750 new.

abunkerer
04-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Have you seen this one?
every Matrix needs some of these mods...
2000 shots from a 68/4500!!

http://www.evolvepaintball.com/

and the aardvark "slam bolt" finally came out but isnt as good

darklord
04-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by abunkerer
Have you seen this one?
every Matrix needs some of these mods...
2000 shots from a 68/4500!!

http://www.evolvepaintball.com/

and the aardvark "slam bolt" finally came out but isnt as good Yeah, I remember the evolve bolt. Has AKA finished developing their trix bolt? Man, I was looking forward to that. I was looking forward to the sodacan, and that already came out. When I stopped playing, the evolve bolt and freeflow bolt were the hottest bolts for matrixes.

I may consider getting a DYE 2k3 trix, then. Are the eyes reliable? I'm definitely tossing that inline and LPR, though. Are NYX's still selling? Have they dropped in price at all? Gotta love that milling. But yeah, a simple trix will probably do me fine. I definitely want efficiency mods, though, and possibly a vert frame... *drools just thinking about it*.

It's definitely good to hear that evolve made a deal with DYE. I always wanted to try one of their vert frames. Any new chips/boards for trixes? That was one thing I know that definitely remained static when I owned one...

edit: I don't think I'll be playing in tournaments, though, so a matrix may be a little extreme if I'm just playing rec, haha... I might buy it just because I miss my old one so much!!!

BTW, where can I get a DYE 2k3 LCD for 750? Most places I've seen sell for ~800 or so.

abunkerer
04-02-2004, 01:40 AM
they are nice, even a basic led with a evolve bolt and grip with a nice lpr. a couple of guys shoot those where I play and they shoot rediculously fast and don't chop.

for software upgrades the Eggi board, which features debounce is in the nyx and dm4's, and I read different reports of different boards one in particular is called the tadao board.

makes me kind of want to build one, if only I could buy just the body..

yeahthatsme
04-02-2004, 08:30 AM
the only problem with the 2k3 dyes is that they have really crappy lpr's sometimes, so you may need to replace that. the eyes as far as i know are generation e-sports eyes, so they should be good.

abunkerer
04-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah, Ive heard that the dye lpr's aren't that good.
I think that a lot of people who have eyes just shut them off, someone corect me if I'm wrong but I thought that a matrix was one of those guns that had a bolt that would stop on paint instead of chop. having an eye on a matrix is kind of like the ace for the LX xmag, it's overkill, but is good for reslae.

darklord
04-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I've heard of the Tadao, I'd definitely want to get one if I got a trix. Basically, my dream is:

-2k3 dye trix
-decent barrel of some kind/barrel kit
-efficiency upgrades (these are gonna cost me :()
-tadao board
-evolve vert frame
-AKA sodacan LPR
-HALO (most likely)

It's probably a little extreme if I can't play that often, but I just want to have my own matrix again. Yeah, matrixes can be set to pinch paint rather easily, so the ACE is probably unecessary (although I have chopped a few times with my old trix), but it's definitely cool to have.

Yeah, I actually may scrap the HALO and vert frame due to cost, but I definitely want the efficiency upgrades, barrel, tadao, sodacan, and a decent loader (possibly an egg II, I'm not sure).

Micromag man!
04-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Evolve is making ANOTHER bolt kit for the matrix, supposed to be MORE efficient, MORE cps, and MORE flowrate. Sounds good :) btw AKA is making a trix bolt? news to me, can i get a link?

whoahoahaoahoahoa look at when i made this name, june 2001

darklord
04-03-2004, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Micromag man!
Evolve is making ANOTHER bolt kit for the matrix, supposed to be MORE efficient, MORE cps, and MORE flowrate. Sounds good :) btw AKA is making a trix bolt? news to me, can i get a link? Well it's not official I don't think, but I recall back when I used to go on Matrixowner.com a lot, that there was a big thread about the possibility of a new bolt... that's my bad, I mistook AKA for Leethal :o whoops! Yeah, and I'm guessing that the Leethal mod v2 is the "new" bolt. Oh well. I'd love to see AKA make a bolt, though, heh. I'll have to see about the new evolve bolt kit. Right now I'm probably going to stick with just a standard bolt and Leethal mods.