PDA

View Full Version : gel mask cusioning

kauai_paintball
04-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Well I just had one of thse momentsw where you run through the streets naked and shout "eureka!!!" only.. i was wearing boxers and i ran through the kitchen... ansd knocked over the trashcan... but anyways i had an idea, you knw that jell stuff they use in insoles and in cupholders, its really soft like jellow only it dosent break apart and is slightly thicker? well why not use that to pad masks instead of foam? it would be way more comfortable and cusion any impacts even better than foam, and then if if dosent breath just wrap it in some kind of terry cloth as you sew it into the maks so that it absorbs aand breaths, i mean 99% of all fog that comes in my maks is form it collecting in the foam and steaming because my body temperature is hot, and even then the sweat comes from your forehead, the gel would be airtight and make sure no perspiration came in. and also because its gel it would fit any face. just an idea. Alot of companys could sell it for different masks as an aftermarket upgrade if you like your mask. imagine a dye invision mask that has absolutely zero fog and is majorly comfortable. ( not that it isnt already)
but i thougt it was a good idea. ... or neoprene, but gell is better.

OysterBoy
04-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Not a terrible idea but I'm happy with my "shield's" cushioning.. :cool:

FallNAngel
04-02-2004, 07:01 PM
ok, now add that on to the cost of masks now. New masks such as the Profiler are $85+... I'm not sure I want to add on another $30 because of the gel liner.

-=Squid=-
04-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by FallNAngel
ok, now add that on to the cost of masks now. New masks such as the Profiler are $85+... I'm not sure I want to add on another $30 because of the gel liner. Meh, I would. I think its a good idea, and foam gets itchy. But thats just me, mabe im a whiny wuss. :)

68magOwner
04-02-2004, 07:58 PM
im patening it :D :p

Head knight of Ni
04-02-2004, 08:08 PM
a combination of the two would be nice(foam and gel that is)

nt2004
04-02-2004, 08:12 PM
yeah you would need something absorbant over the gel so sweat doesnt drip down to the gel and pool up causing it to run into your eyes. I got a lot of sweat in my eyes last summer and it burns like hell. Luckily my invisions soak it up like a sponge.

MantisMag
04-02-2004, 08:38 PM
THIS:

Originally posted by kauai_paintball
then if if dosent breath just wrap it in some kind of terry cloth as you sew it into the maks so that it absorbs aand breathsContradicts THIS:

the gel would be airtight and make sure no perspiration came in.you can't have it breathe and be airtight at the same time.

Kha0Z
04-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Sounds pretty cool. You could seal above and bellow the eyes but leave ventilation maybe to the sides for the eyes to breath(yes, eyes need to breath). it would keep sweat out the eyes and your breath off the lens.

Wes Janson
04-02-2004, 10:05 PM
Foam soaks up perspiration and itches, as well as being a possible reason for fogging. Personally, I want something that doesn't get wet, but which won't result in large amounts of sweat in my eyes.

FallNAngel
04-02-2004, 10:32 PM
My JT Flex and Invision never fogged up on me... yet they both have foam. The foam is *not* the cause of fogging.

steveo356
04-03-2004, 12:20 AM
my profiler never fogs it jus need tlc n u need to be very careful not to damage that thermo cured anti fog layer

kauai_paintball
04-03-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by MantisMag
THIS:
Contradicts THIS:
you can't have it breathe and be airtight at the same time.
Heh, you got it mixed up, those were two seperate ideas using the same material. not at the same time.

kauai_paintball
04-03-2004, 02:10 AM
I really like the idea with the airholes on the side, thats pretty good, you would have to have a hole on the botttom of the mask too so is any sweat ran in through the holes in the side it would drain. im going to use autocad and make up some blueprints, it'll be a week, and classicmag, ILL patent it, as log as it isnt too much money... but i will need somebody to market them, like maybe logic or deadlywing, and ill need a few people to do some field testing. if your intersted in marketing them, then LMK, [email protected], Im going to patent the idea, as long as its cheap. keep the ideas coming and ill make blueprints for them. heh, im gong to go skim the web for patent prices, c' ya later.

MantisMag
04-03-2004, 02:39 AM

Heh, you got it mixed up, those were two seperate ideas using the same material. not at the same time.

maybe you should learn to use better punctuation and spacing then. both of those were in the same sentence. airtight isn't such a great idea anyway. that would be very sticky and uncomfortable. and just so my post isn't entirely critical i'll do something a little helpful U.S. patent fees (http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/ac/qs/ope/fee2004apr01.htm) unfortunately, it ain't cheap.

p.s. better spelling and grammar wouldn't hurt either

kauai_paintball
04-03-2004, 03:09 AM
aah,, well, if ADG or deadlwind/nicad likes the idea, they can use it, but I want 2-10% of the profit for the plans/idea. The mask has to be ergonomic and anatomically correct. Current idea: up for grabs.
too bad patents so expensive.
I could have made some good money :(

hornet6233
04-03-2004, 08:32 AM
gel also doesnt breath.. uh oh sweaty eyes

sneakyhacker420
04-03-2004, 08:44 AM
ITS AGD - AIR GUN DESIGNS - in the past you've called them ADG also... and ya just did it again... what is so hard :confused:

if you've ever laid your head down on a gel keyboard pad, where your face/head is laying on it gets really sweaty and it sticks to your skin, nor is it the most cushioning thing ever invented

i'm fine with the foam on my pre-BE JT Flex 7

nice idea, but not too many people buy into it, and no one will produce it without having an injection molding machine and all kinds of stuff - you'd have to present this to JT, V-Force, or w/e other goggle companies are out there to have any true luck manufacturing this

Maffer
04-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
if you've ever laid your head down on a gel keyboard pad

say...what?

mikebridge
04-03-2004, 02:48 PM
just use the gel to seal against the face, then have vent holes in the top of the mask, with a splash shield over them so you don't worry about paint getting in (sides would be too easy to get hit in the side of the head and have paint splash into the mask.

sneakyhacker420
04-03-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Maffer

say...what? the gel pads that your wrists rest on in front of your keyboard... you can get em at office stores... they're supposed to prevent carpel tunnel

OysterBoy
04-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Yea, to be honest the material used in VForce Armor's are exactly liek what he wants done. Its some foam, but gelly too.

R/\INM/\N
04-03-2004, 04:23 PM
I think he was asking Why the hell someone would put there head/face in one of those and you said it like it was perfectly normal.

sneakyhacker420
04-03-2004, 07:22 PM
if you got tired or something...

Maffer
04-04-2004, 10:39 PM
I knew what you were talking about, but why would you have your head ON one in the first place? :confused:

I think he was asking Why the hell someone would put there head/face in one of those and you said it like it was perfectly normal.

my sentiments exactly :D

personman
04-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by R/\INM/\N
Why the hell someone would put there head/face in one of those and you said it like it was perfectly normal.
What if sneaky got really tired and wanted to rest his head? :o

sneakyhacker420
04-04-2004, 10:53 PM
i stopped with the weed not too long ago... and it was a good decision to stop

Maffer
04-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Yes Sneaky it was a good choice to stop, and we all support you!