PDA

View Full Version : Borla Exaust

Zumina
09-29-2001, 07:54 PM
a longshot, but does anyone here use any Borla exaust components? I'm looking at their XR-1 Racing Mufflers w/ 6" chrome tips for my Z. Just wondering what they sound like. I used to have a complete catback flowmaster exaust, but it was too damn loud.

Zumina
09-29-2001, 07:59 PM
here's pic

-§on-
09-30-2001, 06:15 PM
Dude, I dont have any componants but I have to say thats an very nice exhaust system.

krafty
10-01-2001, 12:13 PM
The only Borla's I've heard/seen lately have been on little imports. They look stupid as hell, and sound extremely funny. Nothing like trying to make a 4-cyl. sound mean. :) They might sound better on your Z, but they all are pretty loud. I don't know if there'd be much difference between a Borla and your old flowmaster.

Zumina
10-01-2001, 04:21 PM
4 bangers always produce that high pitch whine; no matter what type of exaust they have on them. In fact, I've heard blowers that sound more intimidating than the most pimp civic I've ever seen. At any rate, the 6 in my car sounds strikingly farmiliar to a small block chevy; no high pitched whine, rather a deep grumble that just sounds sweet. But, at this point it's going to be either a new deck and a pair of 12"s, or an exaust......or paintball hhehe.

DRAGONSLAYER
10-03-2001, 07:51 AM
If you said the Flowmaster was too loud, I think the race muffler will be way to loud. You might want to try a street
series muffler with a little more baffle in it.

udtseal
10-07-2001, 08:00 PM
Borla makes great exhausts for VW's, many guys in my VW club have them and love the sound. I dont deal much with Asian imports, so I guess I cant help you much. Just dont want people thinking they are crap cause they are not. They are one of the best names in exhaust components. Naxos makes great stuff too. Hope this helps and good luck.

Mojojojo
10-08-2001, 07:46 PM
i have a lil 4banger, and my exhaust is stock...and it sounds almost muscular, not the ricer sound...

Eric

bornl33t
10-08-2001, 10:31 PM
like this?
http://www.beaterz.com/reviews/0300/p49_mega_pipe/mega_pipe_back.jpg

more of this weird stuff @ www.beaterz.com

Zumina
10-09-2001, 07:45 PM
WOW, that has to be the largest pipe I've seen on an import! Anyway, I just heard a sound clip of a Z34 with twin Borlas on it, and man o man that deep grumble is so damn cool. I've got my pair of XR-1s on order; can't wait. Pics to come.

DRAGONSLAYER
10-10-2001, 02:10 PM
SUN WARRIOR- where did you hear those soundclips?? I'm fixing to put some mufflers on my '86 Monte Carlo SS and am not sure which ones I want. Thanks!:cool: