PDA

View Full Version : Good Times

SteelSoul
04-03-2004, 02:09 PM
OK I was in the back yard testing my mag and my buddy across the way was working on his yard. He had his cousin over to help and the kid was looking over at me ripping off ropes of paint. Not 5 minutes later the kid is standing at the gate going HEY!!
I let him in and he goes Hey what kind of marker is that. I go its a mag.. When I say mag his face screws up and he goes " I heard they Sux!" All I say is have you ever shot one ?? Nope he says and I go here give it a try.
This kid grabs it and says humm not bad nice and light pulls it up to his sholder and starts walking my trigger!
Doesnt sound that big of a deal until you know that I just have a RT!!!
Man this kid is ripping faster then I ever have on my baby..

So the kid ( His name is Charles ) Goes man this isnt bad, and I say dude you just walked my trigger, he is like yeah so what. I go its a mech marker man not a emag.
He was really impressed and I want to learn how he walked my trigger

My setup

RT
Benchmark 2 finger
Lapco BigShot
Crossfire 114/3000 preset.

Mindflux
04-03-2004, 02:14 PM
I can walk my RT w/ ULT.

Not fast, but I can. I end up short stroking it every now and then though.

TraXeR
04-03-2004, 09:06 PM
That's freaking awesome, I'd love to see that kind of thing happen at my field one day. A guy desperately trying to shoot, then he lends it to another guy and just 'brrrrrrrrapp'. I'd be so 'whoa'. heh :p.

68magOwner
04-03-2004, 10:18 PM
i could walk my Z gripped RT (no ULT)...but im "special" ;) :D :p .....i can walk my imp too :rolleyes:

Fixion
04-03-2004, 11:45 PM
I can walk my mech cocker. I have a Kapp Reflex frame. If someone donated a shocktech bomb or a belsales hollowpoint to me (will never happen), my cocker will be very easy to walk.

I can do sick triggerjobs on most (needs a good 3way and a good frame) autocockers.... that sounds wrong...

Ginjiroku
04-04-2004, 12:19 AM
It's not that hard to walk a mech.

GoatBoy
04-05-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Ginjiroku
It's not that hard to walk a mech.

Ginjiroku, was there ANY point to your reply other than to pad your ego?

Steelsoul, your mag's on the verge of walkability due to that benchmark frame giving you a little more leverage on that trigger rod... that, and you naughtily modified your trigger rod length, didn't you?

The only advice on the matter that I could possibly give to you is... practice. Your fingers probably just aren't used to the walking motion like some of these kids who do have electros or whatever and do practice walking on a regular basis. Finger walking has become sort of a nervous twitch for me, so I'm doing it all the time (even though my gun isn't walkable, I managed to walk with yours). Just gotta work up those muscles...

Methylphenidate
04-05-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by TraXeR
That's freaking awesome, I'd love to see that kind of thing happen at my field one day. A guy desperately trying to shoot, then he lends it to another guy and just 'brrrrrrrrapp'. I'd be so 'whoa'. heh :p.
that happened to me i was on the range at my local feild this is before i worked there and this dude walks up and is like let me see that, and then brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap.
later i found out that that dude was butch from agd pride but still it was pretty cool

SteelSoul
04-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Goat u know it i messed with the rod just a tad set it up to where this is only like .5 mm between rod and trigger.
And yes this kid is a eletro guy, only played with his IR3

Goat let me know when you are going next I would love to go and play

S

GoatBoy
04-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Man, I kind of wish I could go in my backyard and shoot. I do that, I swear, every dog in the neighborhood starts barking it up. The perils of suburbia.

Anyways... I'm out somewhere almost every weekend. :) I figure this Saturday I'll be at TXPB... and if my legs are still fresh, I might do Sunday as well... If you want, I can let you try my ULT kit as it's not installed my gun currently; that might push your gun into an easier-to-walk state.

Halliday
04-05-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by GoatBoy
Man, I kind of wish I could go in my backyard and shoot. I do that, I swear, every dog in the neighborhood starts barking it up. The perils of suburbia.

I lve on a main street and I go and shoot in my backyard. I don't shoot more than a hopper and I go right back inside :)

In the winter I just crack the door and let her rip!