PDA

View Full Version : Automag Jamming

Fr33k
04-03-2004, 03:07 PM
I seem to be experiencing a problem with my mag. When i fire the marjer seems to jam up and the only way to get it to shoot again is to give the valve a thud. I know this can't be healthy and i'm in desperite need of help as i have a tourney next weekend. i was wondering if it could possibly be caused by the gripframe or trigger?

Another problem i seem to have (it might be related) is that every 10 - 15 balls i fire i have one ball being chopped. This seemd to happen to various paint (32 Degree's Compo paint, Draxas and even RP Schearer).

I have already reaplaced all the seals in the marker, with no luck. The details of my marker setup are below.

If any 1 has any advice please let me now asap.

Many Thanks

Dayspring
04-03-2004, 04:52 PM
YOu might have a burr on the steel ring in the body that's binding up against the bolt. Check that.

Otherwise, you might be getting some bolt stick. Use a longer spacer in the powertube.

Fr33k
04-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Many thanks

I have changed the spring reciently and thsi is the first time i'm playing with it.
Could i use 2 spacers on the powerstube or a larger one?

Dayspring
04-03-2004, 11:27 PM
On a level 7 gun, it's one spacer only. They come in a kit of longer spacers. That's how you tune it.

slyez
04-05-2004, 10:39 PM
I had a similar problem, it turned out the wire nubin was bent so that it would wedge itself between the bolt and the barrel and jam the bolt.

SpecialBlend2786
04-06-2004, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by slyez
I had a similar problem, it turned out the wire nubin was bent so that it would wedge itself between the bolt and the barrel and jam the bolt.

I think that happened to me too

Fr33k
04-06-2004, 06:35 AM
Well it looks like i managed to fix it over the weekend, not sure how but i just stripped the marker again and gave every part a good clean, re oiled and put it back together. I know that pressure plays a big role, what would be the minimum playin pressure on a 68automag?

personman
04-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Fr33k
Well it looks like i managed to fix it over the weekend, not sure how but i just stripped the marker again and gave every part a good clean, re oiled and put it back together. I know that pressure plays a big role, what would be the minimum playin pressure on a 68automag?
The least amount of pressure that I personally would put into a mag would be about 750, but I think they can go down to about 650.. but they run best in my oppinion at 800-900