PDA

View Full Version : Smart Parts Nerve

Cryer
04-03-2004, 07:32 PM
Has anyone heard anything on it? I thought it was supposed to come out around the same time as the shocker...

OysterBoy
04-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Eh, looks like a shocker shagged a spyder.

I have a pic of it somewhere, but Im too lazy to upload it

:p

Mag Master 04
04-03-2004, 07:37 PM
lol, i think i seen this in a APG mag... it looks just liek a shocker to me, but i didnt look too close. so that dosnt say much:rolleyes:

evan123
04-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Well for one I doubt it will come out soon because SP advertised it wayyyyyy before they should. Its basically an upgraded shocker stock. Different body of course. I am not sure on the internals.

demonguy8
04-03-2004, 07:40 PM
The nerve is not an upgraded shocker....

The nerve is to a impulse what a Dm4 is to a trixx

xXHavokXx
04-03-2004, 08:45 PM
yeah but the DM4 came out, the nerve is a year late.

WenULiVeUdiE
04-03-2004, 08:50 PM
The nerve has 2 tubes, shocker has one. Itll have so many sensors it will make your head spin. And you thought the IR3 was to advanced...

ghed
04-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Yea, like demonguy said. It is probably the same/similar internals as the Impulse, just made to look like a DM4

member#10,261
04-03-2004, 09:26 PM
pic from PBN...
too lazy to look up all the info
http://www.badlandspaintball.com/aboutus/shckrtechclass04/seannerve.jpg

Cryer
04-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by member#10,261
pic from PBN...
too lazy to look up all the info
http://www.badlandspaintball.com/aboutus/shckrtechclass04/seannerve.jpg

So has it been released?

I've seen pics, I was just wondering if anyone has any news on its progress...

68magOwner
04-03-2004, 09:32 PM
yea, the nerve is just a little imp, like the dm4 and trix, but i guerentee you people will say it shoots soooo much better than an imp because it costs more

Bushwood Bill
04-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

So has it been released?

I've seen pics, I was just wondering if anyone has any news on its progress...

No, it has not been released yet. SP is holding off a full release to get all the bugs worked out of the shockers and peoples waranties taken care of. Some places like Paintballgear.com are advertising the nerve buy not selling yet.

Ydna
04-04-2004, 12:14 AM
Some information:
<a href="http://www.angelfire.com/mech/zds/archiv/nerveinfo.html" alt="Nerve" target="_blank">http://www.angelfire.com/mech/zds/archiv/nerveinfo.html</a>

magsRus
04-04-2004, 11:21 AM
And just so SP can make more money they will require the Nerve to have its own line of barrel threads :) OH JOY!

Cryer
04-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Ydna
Some information:
<a href="http://www.angelfire.com/mech/zds/archiv/nerveinfo.html" alt="Nerve" target="_blank">http://www.angelfire.com/mech/zds/archiv/nerveinfo.html</a>

Thats more what I was looking for...

Thanks!;)

Ydna
04-04-2004, 03:45 PM
I will have some pretty neat scans from the 2003 catelogue (and a few from other places as well) up later tonight (sunday) if my scanner decides to like me today. If not tonight them tomorrow.

Meph
04-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by demonguy8

The nerve is to a impulse what a Dm4 is to a trixx

Hmmmm, overpriced cosmetics on a not-as-functional body with absolutely no performance benefits?

That should about sum it up, yeah. Good call demonguy!

Ydna
04-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Actually, yes! The Nerve does boast a few little tricks but they're nothing too special, just like the DM4. We all love those built-in on/off valves...

Meph
04-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Darn' tootin' it'sa nothin' special'.

I'm not a big fan of the DM4. I like the DYE Matrix better because it has a replacable breech to get rid of the junk detents. Plus a better vert-feed piece ala no-rise for the Halo users. Not to mention the ability to use a different LPR since DYE regs just flat out are junk. I wouldn't use one if given to me, I'd sell it so some schmuck and buy a Palmer.

And if you take them apart and look exactly at the design, the airflow, and how they work. You will notice not a damn elaborate change. Matrix pieces float together, DM4 they screw together. That's it. Otherwise the airflow is the exact same, it functions the same. No major difference.

DM4 is the overpriced glory-boy poster-child of hype.

04-05-2004, 07:44 AM
DM4 is the overpriced glory-boy poster-child of hype.

And its ugly on top of that.

Ydna
04-05-2004, 03:26 PM
The obviously took a huge leap in the milling, they knew those that loved it would buy the gun, and those that hated it won't, and there's enough of those who like it to go around.

I am getting sick and tired of everybody I hear that likes them saying "it's the fastest gun I've ever shot!" Give me a break.

xXHavokXx
04-05-2004, 03:59 PM
See i think all trix's other than the DM$ are ugly so i was happy they came out with a non ugly gun that shot like a matrix.

But im just a poster boy for consumer whoreism

Top Secret
04-05-2004, 06:34 PM
In defense of the DM4, the Dye regs are definatly not crap. At Madness my DM4 was easily doing +/- 2 and I didn't once during the whole weekend have to readjust the regs. The gun sat nicely under the limit for the whole tournament. Not chopping or breaking a single ball out of any of our teams DM4s is definatly shows how well these guns perform.

xXHavokXx
04-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Of the four DM4's on my team. One of them has chopped. Chopped twice in one game then never again. These guns mow.

Ydna
04-05-2004, 10:10 PM
I've had bad experiances.

abrewin450
04-05-2004, 11:22 PM
I was just wondering why anyone would want to buy a nerve when they could buy a shocker 03 for way less. As far as I can tell, the nerve has no advantages over the shocker. Also I am assuming that the shocker is smaller and lighter than the nerve. The only possible benefit that I could imagine would be a better anti-chop eye but I don't know why anyone would have any problems with vision and a halo on a shocker.

WenULiVeUdiE
04-05-2004, 11:38 PM
From what I have gethered from the Nerves patents, it will be more expensive than the shocker for a good reason. It will have sensors that self adjust the velocity and regs and some other things. Sounds great, but not from SP. It may not have text messaging like the IR3, but it'll have some really crazy stuff that you can actually use on the field.

Rather
04-05-2004, 11:53 PM
As I understood from the add I saw in one of the pb magazines. It comes Out of the box with a maxflow tank and the freak kit. So taht could be part of the high price there (along with the features WenULiVeUdiE listed).

Ydna
04-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Yes read what I have to say about it <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/mech/zds/archiv/nerveinfo.html" alt="Nerve" target="_blank"><u>here</u></a>

The Nerve gets much better efficiency then the Shocker does, unless you dropped a bolt in it. And yes it also comes with a Freak and a tank.

There's also the fact that not everybody wants a gun that weighs one pound.

Raven4000SX
04-06-2004, 12:13 PM
The Nerve will come standard with a Max Flo air system and Freak barrel. Just like a package deal.

abrewin450
04-06-2004, 08:03 PM
So the only way you can purchase the gun is if you pay for a tank and freak as well? Do yall know if the gun will be sold seperately ever? I mean couldn't they make it like the ultimate vision package, but then you can also buy the base marker for much less.

Raven4000SX
04-06-2004, 08:06 PM
I think you should be able to buy the Nerve by itself, but from the ads I've seen it will be coming in a package deal. The Max Flo and Freak are included in the price of the marker.

No sKiLLz
04-06-2004, 08:12 PM
The Nerve isn't a spool valve. It will have an LPR. Those are the two major differences.

Ydna
04-06-2004, 11:51 PM
Differences between the Nerve and what?