PDA

View Full Version : Just got and AutoMag68

TheLaxPlayer
04-03-2004, 07:57 PM
I recently (five minutes ago) upgraded to an automag from an excellerator 3.5

I thought about an electro, but the mag is so much cooler. It has a foregrip (not sure from pictures if it's a reg or ex chamber) and the polished body. It is powerfeed right and has the AGD asa and what appears to be a lapco duckbill.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/01/98/31/c4_1.JPG

Will I have to have my CO2 tank anti-siphoned to use in 60ish degree weather, or will it be fine for a few months without the anti-siphon? I read the FAQ's, but still don't know if it would be fine with a regular CO2 tank and angled asa until July?

Does anybody know what kind of barrel is in the picture on the marker? It appears to have a base section that is polished aluminum or SS, but I have no idea what it is.

Thanks for all the help, excited about my new mag.

TheLaxPlayer
04-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Anybody?

Did this by chance happen to belong to any of the members here in the past? I will post the serial number here when I reviece the marker.

JimmyBeam
04-03-2004, 09:05 PM
i made the upgrade to a mag from the same JT p.o.s. you did last week. it was raining this morning so im gonna have to wait until tomorrow to go try it out on the field though

Uziel
04-03-2004, 09:10 PM
Anytime you use a CO2 tank horizontally its a good idea to have an antisiphon, imho.

TheLaxPlayer
04-03-2004, 09:10 PM
I thought when I bought it the 3.5 was a nice marker, but it is indeed a piece. Without custom work, a new bolt, and a force-fed hopper to cut down the problems from the massive blow back, it chops like a mofo.

I hope my mag will make me happier.

Anybody know the angle the AGD asa puts the tank at?

68magOwner
04-03-2004, 10:11 PM
the barrel is an old style all american, and yes, get teh tank anti syphoned (i actually ran the bottle vertically when i had to use co2

Z-man
04-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Yeah getting the anti-siphone for the CO2 is really a smart idea. HPA would be the ideal choice but as money is always an issue go with the CO2 till you can get HPA. Looks good, welcome to AO

Mag Master 04
04-04-2004, 12:46 AM
ahh i remember those days...and yes thats an old AA, good luck with it and Welcome to AO! keep us posted on what you decide to do with her

TheLaxPlayer
04-04-2004, 09:08 AM
Excellent! I didn't think it was a very good barrel, but apparently I was wrong.

I an only going to run CO2 until July when I get money for nitro. I will try to get it anti-siphoned, or run it verticle.

Thanks for the help, glad to be a mag owner.

By the way, how old do you suppose this mag is? I will post the serial # when it arrives.

Bulldog
04-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Congrats on the new mag. Welcome to AO. As far as those barrels are concerned, I run one on my xmag, and my Alias. I like the way they shoot. Only positive thing SP ever did imho.

Digits
04-04-2004, 03:28 PM
I had an AA on my old mag.. Not a bad barrel to be honest ;)

TheLaxPlayer
04-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Am I correct in thinking that the base of the barrel is a poished color?

At first I thought it was a different version of the mag and the body was longer, but I can see a line in the pictures. I can't wait till it comes.

Any way you can tell from the picture how old it is? (did they change the box or anything?)

EDIT: Is there a safety on this marker?

Bulldog
04-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by TheLaxPlayer
Am I correct in thinking that the base of the barrel is a poished color?

At first I thought it was a different version of the mag and the body was longer, but I can see a line in the pictures. I can't wait till it comes.

Any way you can tell from the picture how old it is? (did they change the box or anything?)

EDIT: Is there a safety on this marker? Yes there will be a safety. No Idea on how old. Some of the control bores are different colors. I've got one with a grey anno control bore, and two with just polished black. I've also seen clear too.

TheLaxPlayer
04-05-2004, 08:08 PM
This stinks.

Apparently PayPal decided on its own accord that it would use a E-check instead of the credit card it's suppoesd to. This means the payment on my mag won't go till thursday at the eariliest. If the seller doesn't recieve payment by thursday, he will relist the mag. I hope the payment works, and I get the mag.

Even if it all works out, I still won't have my mag until the end of next week probably. I hoped to get it saturday or monday so I could use it over spring break, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

:(