PDA

View Full Version : Another just got my new mag thread ;)

adlar
04-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Been out of the loop for a bit. I used to own a blue Emag, but decided to grab an RT Pro this time around. This thing is feather light in comparison, but the ULT is going to take some time to get used to. The thanks goes to AGD and Aerostar Paintball of Wisconsin for putting this together for me. I've been getting Mag setups from Steve for years, and he's always been great to work with. This is my 5th Mag to date. 3rd RT type setup. Had a classic and an Emag as well. As you can see there is a slight difference in colors on the pewter valve and body, but not too bad. It looks like the front half of the reg is actually not matching, and the back half is pretty close. Throwing a HaloB on top. That's a Nitroduck X-Stream 90 for the tank. ULT, and Rogue rail also on this. Hehe, and yes that is the ULE barrel tip on a J&J edge kit back :)
<p>
http://www.effigygames.com/rtpro1.jpg
<p>
http://www.effigygames.com/rtpro3.jpg

The Action Figure
04-03-2004, 09:40 PM
nice

Mag Master 04
04-04-2004, 12:55 AM
nice, move yur foregrip in dood, its way out there

adlar
04-04-2004, 08:28 AM
I started with it in, and it wasn't comfortable. I might try throwing a different one on the front. I have a couple laying around.

Kha0Z
04-04-2004, 09:56 AM
I agree. They do feel better, the further out they are. I feel like I can swing it left and right better and it gives it a better center of balance. I don't have a mag but just from what i've seen using my friends mag.

Konigballer
04-04-2004, 05:17 PM
I like 'em further out as well. I don't know why having it pulled fruther towards the trigger frame is so important to some people, its probably an inch of difference.

pballa2k4
04-04-2004, 08:21 PM
what is hard to get used to about the ULT

adlar
04-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Well, today is really the first day I played around with a full tank of air trying to get it all set up. The ULT came with 2 shims on it. I simply could not get the trigger to return. Then I pulled it apart and threw 2 more shims on just to see what would happen. Four shims total now and it shoots better, but not quite right of course, I rememebered that someone mentioned not tightening the rear frame screw too much. Well, I had it finger tight, thought I was ok, but it turns out that indeed it was too tight. I backed it out a half turn more or so and it shoots great. I probably should have loosened this a little more before swapping in the extra shims. With 4 shims it almost feels like it wants to bounce, but not quite. I can't sweet spot it like my old RT, but I can't walk it either. I'm going to play Monday night, so I hope to get some good chrono readings and play around with the shims a little more to see what I can come up with. I'm using the medium level 10 spring if anyone is interested. It is ridiculously easy to adjust this thing. I have an adjustable tank so I think I'll eventually find some really good settings. I put a whole tank of air through this thing today just to tweak on it, break it in a little, and get a feel for the trigger. I'm liking it so far. If anyone has any sweet ult/level 10/tank pressure recommended settings to try let me know. I think my tank is at around 800psi, but it too is brand new. No run away yet. No bouncing, for me anyways, maybe someone else could get a bounce.

I guess the getting used to it part was less the shooting for me than thinking about the new parts to setup. IE Level 10 and ULT. Last time I used a mag these were not available, so I had to experiment a little. Seems like a lot, but it took me about a tank of air and 30 minutes to figure out what I needed to do to get the trigger to work right. Frankly, if it wasn't for reading these forums I wouldn't have had a clue what to do. Thanks guys.